Author Topic: GTA linked to homicide in Japan  (Read 159 times)

Thirteen

GTA linked to homicide in Japan
« on: June 22, 2005, 09:47:34 PM »
Game industry suffers more troubles as a 15-year-old accused killer is reported to be a fan of Grand Theft Auto III.
TOKYO--Japan was shocked this week by an incident where a 15-year-old boy has allegedly murdered his parents, by battering them and then slashing them to death. He then concealed his crime by blowing up their Tokyo apartment, using home-made explosives.

Today, some media outlets are reporting that the boy's schoolmates have described him as an average student who loved playing video games, and that he was a fan of Grand Theft Auto III.

The boy was arrested yesterday at a hot springs resort in Gunma prefecture. According to police, the boy admitted to his crime when confronted, reportedly saying, "I wanted to kill my father since he made a fool out of me. I decided to kill my mother as well, since she was always saying that she wanted to die because of all the work she had to do. I felt sorry for her."

Grand Theft Auto III's Japanese publisher, Capcom--and the entire Japanese game industry--have been facing an onslaught of criticism recently, primarily in Kanagawa prefecture where the local government has decided to put age restrictions on the sale of the game.

By Hirohiko Niizumi -- GameSpot

Sikotic™

Re: GTA linked to homicide in Japan
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 10:01:11 PM »
I love how they blame games and entertainment as the reason some idiotic asswipe went on a killing spree.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 10:17:31 PM »
GTA:SA Theme

Code: [Select]
http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=21MF6YZMGM7WN0F6AEZBJ2JJFY
 :psych:

CrookedDynasty

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 11:21:21 PM »
That's fuckin bullshit.

They always blame it on video games or TV when in reality its the parents who need to discipline their children.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 04:56:32 AM »
I love how they blame games and entertainment as the reason some idiotic asswipe went on a killing spree.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 06:50:07 AM »
why dont they report it when a homie that killed was a fan of eggs and milk for breakfast

Today, some media outlets are reporting that the boy's schoolmates have described him as an average student who loved drinking milk and eating eggs, he was also a fan of cordon bleu.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ty220

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 01:15:23 PM »
If it wasn't the game it would be something else like an ugly tree or crying baby. These kids are straight up messed up in the first place

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 01:24:00 PM »
These kids are straight up messed up in the first place

Exactly
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »
articles on how video games make people violent makes me violent!!!  >:(  :grumpy:

im gettin my rant on rite here - this shit was in newspaper 2day...

bit highlighted in red rite at the very bottom of the article essentially means whole story is bullshit!

there r 100s of these stories every year & i cant b the only 1 who it pisses off!

fuckin journalists need 2 b banned from writin this shit 4 the sake of fillin space...

T-Dub

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 01:46:33 PM »
That's fuckin bullshit.

They always blame it on video games or TV when in reality its the parents who need to discipline their children.

on point