Author Topic: A GROUP CALLS HIP-HOP THE “DEVIL”  (Read 162 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
A GROUP CALLS HIP-HOP THE “DEVIL”
« on: June 27, 2005, 12:44:03 PM »
A radical Christian group has denounced the influence of hip-hop culture and also specifically condemned legends KRS-One and Afrika Bambatta. In an editorial, Ex-Ministries Church states that hip-hop culture is rooted in witchcraft and preaches a plethora of negatives.

The church issued a statement that said, “People, please understand that hip-hop is a way of governing your life. Therefore, it cannot be exploited as a Christian way of living. We understand that KRS-ONE and Afrika Bambaataa have used the term Hip Hop to describe emceeing, deejaying, breakdancing, and other forms of entertainment, but Hip Hop is also, to them, a religion and a way of worshipping ourselves instead of the Lord Jesus Christ. How can we as believers hold on to this culture when its origin is rooted in witchcraft and voodoo?”

Neither KRS-One nor Bambaataa were available, but veteran photographer Ernie offered BET.com his views. "A prophet is always a man without honor in his own time. I do not agree with everything Bro. Bambaataa believes or he with I, but we respect each other deeply and will defend each other against anyone outside or inside the family who attacks us without sound reason. He has warned us, united us, kept us from harming ourselves and each other and has been a shining example of how to do things right and just.” :psych: HIP HOP HATERS

http://www.bet.com/Music/DAILY+MUSIC+NEWS+WRAPUP+Smokie+Norful+Lil+Kim+Alicia+Keys+Cassidy.htm?wbc_purpose=Basic&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 02:41:17 PM by Mr.PottHead »

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: A GROUP CALLS HIP-HOP THE “DEVIL”
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 01:32:44 PM »
LMAO! rooted in witchcraft and voodoo....so funny
what a bunch of stupid fucks lol

rafsta

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 05:43:50 PM »
crazy.

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 05:59:40 PM »
i understand what they're saying and i agree, however that voodoo withcraft crap didnt make sense. But hip hop in terms of respect and maturity has hella dropped rappers are becoming younger and younger and are more immature. But thats life, get over it.

Diabolical

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 12:58:57 PM »
Christians

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 03:44:58 PM »
Christians
::)

but yeah...don´t really have to waste my precious time on bashing this, it´s stupid enough to bash itself