Author Topic: 50 Greatest West coast albums of all time *DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY*  (Read 1369 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Almost a year and a half ago, I compiled the 100 Greatest west coast songs of all time. http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=47853.0 Overall, it turned out very successful, and there were people I knew in person who knew about the list and I didn't even knew that they visited this website, so it probably floated around to other sites.

So...I don't even know why I'm asking, but I will anyway...who's down to do a list of the 50 Greatest West Coast albums of all time? Drop any ideas or suggestions you have for the voting and structure and all of that. I'd probably make it similar to the top 100 songs, by having everyone submit their top 20 albums, plus any others they feel are worthy of recognition. If I do this, I say it probably won't be ready for about a month, maybe even longer, because I am busy as hell right now, but I just wanted to throw the idea out. I was re-inspired from seeing the top 50 non-west coast songs of all time in the outbound connections. So let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 12:24:10 PM by R-Tistic.com »

realz

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: 50 Greatest West coast albums of all time...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 11:42:12 AM »
um....how bout u give a week to submit nominees or how ever long u want to be......den everybody votes on dem.....to get ppl to vote say ull put a thanks column at da bottom of each of da topics for da album thhing.........
DJ Rokz
www.myspace.com/djrokz

GET AT ME!!!!
rokz111 on aim

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 11:43:56 AM »
I think its a great idea, and will most likely be as successful as the top 100 songs you did ;)

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 11:45:05 AM »
01. Souls of Mischief - '93 Til Infinity
02. Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
03. Dr. Dre - The Chronic

Damn man, it's too hard....Can I just drop a top 3?

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 11:48:39 AM »
um....how bout u give a week to submit nominees or how ever long u want to be......den everybody votes on dem.....to get ppl to vote say ull put a thanks column at da bottom of each of da topics for da album thhing.........

Good idea, I might find a way to incorporate that in there. It's always hard doing things like this. Usually, the top 3 results for any kind of survey are always the same, and the #1 song is usually waaaay ahead of the #2 one. It gets hardest after 5, and especially after 10, when many songs end up having the same amount of results.

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 12:11:06 PM »
This forum isn't big enough for that I don't think. With the people going here, there's no way you'll have 50 different west coast albums being submitted, let alone being able to really rank them properly. Something such as a top 20 would be nice though. Just have everyone to drop their favorite 5 to you in a pm or something?

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 12:13:50 PM »
I think its a great idea, and will most likely be as successful as the top 100 songs you did ;)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 03:01:49 PM »

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 03:04:36 PM »
you've got a lot of work ahead of you
NO MORE WAR

Okka

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 03:13:42 PM »
1. Dr. Dre - Chronic 2001
2. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
3. Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle

It gets fuckin hard after three... >:(

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 03:38:07 PM »
How is it going to based on?

1.Is it going to be based on how 'Great' and an album is by impact and influnence like C2Knuckes list?   

2.Is it going to be based on the 'best' albums by quality and skill?

3.Is it going to be personal favorites?

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 03:42:18 PM »
This forum isn't big enough for that I don't think. With the people going here, there's no way you'll have 50 different west coast albums being submitted, let alone being able to really rank them properly. Something such as a top 20 would be nice though. Just have everyone to drop their favorite 5 to you in a pm or something?

To tell the truth, I think I'd end up havin 150+ different CDs by the time I tallied it all up. If 40+ people submitted, i'd get at least 120 CDs if not more. I just think it would be hard to rank 20-50

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 03:43:39 PM »
this should be dope..

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 03:46:26 PM »
How is it going to based on?

1.Is it going to be based on how 'Great' and an album is by impact and influnence like C2Knuckes list?   

2.Is it going to be based on the 'best' albums by quality and skill?

3.Is it going to be personal favorites?

Nah, it would be strictly based on the votes of the dubcc members, and maybe a few close others. I am not qualified 2 do one by impact n influence, and it would probably be too controversial and basically just too hard to do. I'd help collaborate with Dubcc, wcrydaz, or whoever if they all wanted to get a panel together to put together a real list of 50, but this one here is basically just from the opinions of the members here.

Diabolical

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 11:40:35 AM »
It would be good if someone from each of the main WC rap site could do one. Then they could be combined into one big one. It would give the bay and other areas better coverage as boards like Siccness are more bay orintated.