Author Topic: Big Pun Chain Being Auctioned On eBay, Family Struggling  (Read 519 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Big Pun Chain Being Auctioned On eBay, Family Struggling
« on: June 29, 2005, 01:57:38 PM »
Big Pun’s widow Liza Rios, is auctioning off the deceased rapper’s diamond and gold ‘Terror Squad” pendant on eBay.

Pun originally paid $100,000 for the chain, which features yellow and white gold and has over 1,900 diamonds.

According to the official post on eBay, Rios has received just $8,000 since the rapper passed away in 2000 of a heart attack at the age of 28.

“Since Pun's untimely passing in 2000, Pun's wife has struggled to raise their three children as well as make mortgage payments on their home and other expenses,” the auction page reads. “Contrary to what some believe, the family are far from millionaires, Pun's wife and children do not receive royalty checks for Pun's first two albums, and only one small royalty check was paid for Pun's final album. The family's attempts to get the money due to his children have been unsuccessful to date.”

A portion of the funds will also go towards getting legal help, in order to collect money from albums sales the estate feels belongs to Pun’s children.

The higest bid as of press time was just over $10,000 with 5 days left in the auction, which ends July 4.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4560

Suga Foot

Re: Big Pun Chain Being Auctioned On eBay, Family Struggling
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 02:29:59 PM »
Fat Joe should help em out.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 02:32:18 PM »

my thoughts exactly

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 05:23:21 PM »
Fat Joe was way better when Pun was around

cant stand that guy anymore.....he was cool on twinz as Puns sidekick and good on DITC but that fat fuck is annoying as hell

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 06:53:25 PM »

i wonder why he hasn't

i mean instead wasting money making wack albums he could be helping out the family of his best friend

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 08:40:04 PM »
^ Use your mind for a second, and realize that maybe he is helping them out? how do you know he isn't?  Just because she said they've only received 8 grand in royalties from the record company doesn't mean that Fat Joe hasn't given them 200 grand out of his own pocket. 

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 11:14:42 PM »
^ Use your mind for a second, and realize that maybe he is helping them out? how do you know he isn't?  Just because she said they've only received 8 grand in royalties from the record company doesn't mean that Fat Joe hasn't given them 200 grand out of his own pocket. 

*uses mind* you could be right, but im just saying that if he wasn't then that's messed up. But if he is helping them out then i withdraw my previous comment.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 12:19:40 AM »
well i dunno if joey is making much money either...seeing that his records usually dont sell much...

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 05:30:35 AM »

i wonder why he hasn't

Nah, you said he hasn't.  That's fucked up, you assume the worst when in reality you don't know shit about the situation.  Be optimistic, not pessimistic. 

ABN

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 05:59:41 AM »
^naw Joe aint takin care of them and he said that himself. after Pun´s wife came out and said that Pun used to beat the shit outta her(and that´s true coz it´s on that dvd)Joe said that he stopped taking care of her and the kids.

Diabolical

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 03:50:40 PM »
The chain cost 100.000$ & the highest bidright now is 15,000$ +.

Does Pun's wife & kids still live in the projects?

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2005, 07:09:40 AM »
i know that fat joe spends probably hundreds of thousands of dollars on shoes a year and that just makes me sick. he's got his 'best homie's 'family droppin his medallion on ebay for a lousy $25K...

but then again, i doubt that they are really struggling. they're probably trying to keep up with the multiple million dollar homes and cars.

Matrix Heart

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2005, 07:19:12 AM »
lmao Big Pun is/was a bum.

50 Cent will buy it.