Author Topic: I just seen War of the Worlds  (Read 675 times)

Matrix Heart

I just seen War of the Worlds
« on: June 29, 2005, 02:48:28 PM »
It was lame  :(

FUCK

It was a fucking waste >:(

« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 02:50:24 PM by #1 Enya Groupie »

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I just seen War of the Worlds
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 06:34:06 PM »
3 of my friends today saw it and said it was just decent, nothing spectacular like it was hyped up to be.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 06:49:19 PM »
whats it supposed to be about?

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 07:26:22 PM »
It's based off of a book by H.G. Wells.  Back in the twenties or thirties they read this story over the radio about aliens invading the earth and it freaked out half the East Coast. 

The movie, from what I understand, is based on the same thing, just in modern day times.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 07:29:32 PM »
It's based off of a book by H.G. Wells.  Back in the twenties or thirties they read this story over the radio about aliens invading the earth and it freaked out half the East Coast. 

The movie, from what I understand, is based on the same thing, just in modern day times.

Yep the radio thing was done by the great Orson Wells

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 08:18:10 PM »
but in the movie doesnt the stuff actually happen?

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 08:27:41 PM »
I just saw it.  Good movie, very well done.  It's an action flick.  Get over it.

Dakota Fanning is already one of the greatest actors around, and she's only 11.  She upstaged Tim Robbins and Tom Cruise in their own fucking movie.  The most memorable scene and most poignant part of the whole movie was just a camera shot of her face and the expression her eyes conveyed looking out the back window of a car.  Worth watching just to see her amazing performance, I don't know how at 11 she's so in touch with human emotions to convey shit like that, it's just incredibly intelligent acting. 

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 08:59:51 PM »
I just saw it.  Good movie, very well done.  It's an action flick.  Get over it.
exactly,wtf did you expect? I thought it was pretty good for a movie of this "type".

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 06:26:26 AM »

Dakota Fanning is already one of the greatest actors around, and she's only 11.  She upstaged Tim Robbins and Tom Cruise in their own fucking movie.  The most memorable scene and most poignant part of the whole movie was just a camera shot of her face and the expression her eyes conveyed looking out the back window of a car.  Worth watching just to see her amazing performance, I don't know how at 11 she's so in touch with human emotions to convey shit like that, it's just incredibly intelligent acting. 

she was good in man on fire also

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Matrix Heart

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 07:30:42 AM »

Not even Dakota Fanning could save this movie  ;D it was doomed from the script. I expected more of plot even an ending  :'(

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy still owns 2005  :D

*The pic in my sig is from the BET Awards, Will and wife are the host.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 07:34:28 AM by #1 Enya Groupie »

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 10:38:39 AM »
This movie was really tite, I don't know what the hell the problem was with it.  What were you guys expecting from it?  It was extremely intense.  The only gay part was the ending imo.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 10:52:05 AM »
Alot of people were disappointed by the movie because they bought the hype. I really enjoyed it.

To everyone that was disappointed, I wanna know what were you expecting out of a basic invasion/disaster movie that was based off a book?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 12:00:25 PM »
It was dope! If the ending pissed you off..go read the book...and it makes sense.

Real good movie, i enjoyed it.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

J Bananas

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 12:07:50 PM »
I dont know if a bad review from an enya fan is that credible to action film watchers.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 04:08:11 PM »
the movie really sucked... not only because of the ending, but because of the way it was structured...

#################SPOILER##################
1. In the beginning, all electronic and mechanical equipments were "disabled", but still somehow a tft-videocamera worked

2. For some reason, tom cruises character was the only one who knew how to fix the car, and he wasn’t even a mechanic

3. For some reason, tom's character knew that he only had a little time left to pack his bags before something big would happen, he also knew that he only had a couple of seconds left for it to happen by the time he stole the car.

4. The flashes obviously stopped all electric and mechanical equipments, including every car on the road. For some reason though each car either stopped to the far left side of the road or to the far right side, creating a path just big enough for their car to pass through....

and the real story haven’t even started yet.... i can write down a lot more stuff, but yall see my point... i don’t like movies that questions my intelligence and my ability to store different factors provided by the story