Author Topic: Knoc-Turn'Al Invites Paul McCartney To Go Crowd-Su  (Read 201 times)

themovie

Knoc-Turn'Al Invites Paul McCartney To Go Crowd-Su
« on: July 02, 2002, 07:53:23 PM »
HOLLYWOOD — Knoc-Turn'Al can boast something not many, if any, rappers can. He sampled a Beatle.

And yes, he is boasting.

"Paul told us, 'The only reason why I cleared it was because I liked it. Had I not liked it, I wouldn't have cleared it,' " Knoc said proudly at last week's BET Awards.

"So thank you, Paul. Big shout out to Paul McCartney for doing that."

As if borrowing the music from "Old Siam, Sir," which McCartney's Wings released on 1979's Back to the Egg, wasn't enough, Knoc is hoping to get even a little more help from his new friend.

"Come get in the video, too," Knoc said, staring into the camera as if McCartney was watching. "That's gonna be dope. We can go to Paris, man — that's where they want to shoot it at. This song is gonna be a good song."

Regardless of whether the recently married McCartney appears in the clip for "Muzik," it will have what Knoc-Turn'Al called a "rockish" theme.

"We gonna have a scene where I'm walking down a long hall and we have different dressing rooms," he explained. "I'm trying to get the guitar player from Metallica to come through, and some other people. And it's like I'm going through dressing rooms and by the time I get to the third verse, I'm gonna walk out onstage and hopefully Paul will be there. And we'll get on a platform, and a guitar player will be there, and we'll just start crowd-surfing, have the crowd passing us around, and we'll just do it like that."

The song, which was produced by Kayne West (Cam'ron, Beanie Sigel), is about a musician's dedication to his or her craft.

"You really give up your all to be an entertainer, and that's something that the fans and the public need to know," Knoc said. "So I just explain that to them in that song. I think [McCartney] appreciated that, because he understands that he probably sacrificed a lot being that he's been here for 35 years, almost 40 years. He's probably sacrificed a lot in almost four decades."

"Muzik" follows "The Knoc" as the second single from his EP, LA Confidential Presents Knoc-Turn'Al, due July 30 (see "Knoc-Turn'Al Album Won't See Light Of Day Yet").

The West Coast rapper is still working on his debut LP, Knoc's Landin', which has been pushed from the spring to later this year or early next. Dr. Dre is producing several of the tracks, though last week Knoc spent some studio time with Swizz Beatz.

One peer that won't be on the album is Nocturnal, a New York rapper that has been using the same name (albeit with the correct spelling) since 1996, when he appeared on "Never Watered Down" from the PMD album Business Is Business.

When Nocturnal and his manager heard about the other Knoc-Turn'Al, they tracked down his record label and suggested a collaboration. When Knoc's people "blew them off," according to Nocturnal's manager, Nocturnal recorded a dis track called "The Violator."

The song is slated for Nocturnal's Nocranasaurus Rex, which does not have a release date but is already circulating on the Internet.

"The Violator" includes lyrics like "I was on wax before your ass met Dr. Dre" and "I'm lookin' for a bitch n---a who spells Nocturnal with a K."

Knoc-Turn'Al had no comment on the track.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
Re: Knoc-Turn'Al Invites Paul McCartney To Go Crow
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2002, 08:35:37 PM »
Muzik is a really good song, and dang that song called "The Violator" seems like its tite with that line about the "K", and i dont know how Knoc'turnal would respond cuz that guy is not even close to being a lyricist....
"I smash mics like cornbread, you can't kill me I was born dead"- Big L (RIP)

Jome

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 06:03:53 AM »
The song, which was produced by Kanye West

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 09:19:08 AM »
I really like that track. Over her in the UK Jo Whiley has played it a couple of times on her radio one show. She said it didant have a release date for the UK, but she wanted people to hassle Radio One to play it and then they would get at the record company for it to be released.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson