Author Topic: Biggest mistakes made by rappers/labels/etc  (Read 701 times)

Acgrundy

Biggest mistakes made by rappers/labels/etc
« on: July 06, 2005, 11:27:57 PM »
Crooked I signing to deathrow.  dude is one of the most talented rappers ever, unfortunately over half his career has been wasted and he doesn't even have a single solo album out.  very bad move on his part imo.  on the other hand, he could have had one helluva learning experience, which is priceless imo.

Daz starting a website and forum and having that dipshit kronic write stuff for him.  If I have to explain then you are possibly dumber than daz.

kurupt going back to deathrow.  we all saw what that got him.

hittman not taking advantage of his situation after 2001 dropped.  maybe the biggest mistake in the history of westcoast music.  this guy was on half of 2001 the biggest rap album in years.  he definately should have made more out of it, easily could have gone multi platinum.

eminem introducing 50 cent to dre.  yep, the biggest mistake ever.  thanks for ruining rap. em, you got talent and skills. dre you got talent and skills.  I know you guys wanna be rich, but damn, couldn't you do it with someone else?

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
Re: Biggest mistakes made by rappers/labels/etc
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 11:34:56 PM »
whats the story behind hittman never being released???? he was so dope on 2001 \and that murder weapon demo is dope too

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 11:37:53 PM »
Theres never been a 100% concrete answer but word was that Jimmy Iovine didnt beleive he was marketable, plus it appeared he did little to further his own career, even though mixtapes weren't as prevelent as they are now on the west, he appeared to do very little work outside of internal aftermath work on his album...which judging by what leaked wasnt a whole lot...dope talent though, still gutted he never dropped and since has just dissapeered...:/

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Acgrundy

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 11:41:01 PM »
hey he coulda changed his style to be more 50 cent like to make jimmy happy.  props to him for not going the sellout route, but damn, what a mistake.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 11:41:37 PM »
so hittman is off the face of the earth....

any word on joe beast?

Acgrundy

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 11:47:39 PM »
who gives a fuck about joe beast.  hopefully he is off the face of the earth.  same with that other fool from the south that was supposed to be on aftermath.  come to think of it, I don't like anyone on aftermath except dre.  so fuck jimmy, he is the biggest mistake in music.

*can't wait for the replies from the "music experts"

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 11:50:20 PM »
who gives a fuck about joe beast.  hopefully he is off the face of the earth.  same with that other fool from the south that was supposed to be on aftermath.  come to think of it, I don't like anyone on aftermath except dre.  so fuck jimmy, he is the biggest mistake in music.

*can't wait for the replies from the "music experts"

lol who gives a shit who you like or what you think.  i asked if anyone knows where he is.

Acgrundy

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 12:09:21 AM »
who gives a fuck what you asked.  I stated my opinion, and thats what counts.  stop with your fuckin dumbass questions already you are ruining the thread.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 12:38:18 AM »
I think Crooked I signing to Death Row actually got him more exposure than most people think. Of course the albums didn't sell, but the label is notorious. And it did put a stint in his career, but he can say he was signed to arguably one of the best rap labels ever. Now that he has left, throughout the court case he had with Suge, and even now, people are anticipating his next move. But with all that said, he should have waited 6 months and signed with Dre. He probably would have been on 2001.

As for Kurupt, he did what he had to do to support his family. No one else would sign him for $4 million just to do nothing and pretend to be VP. He was contractually unable to release an album, so there wasn't much he could do. As easy as it would be to say Suge made the move just to piss off Snoop, Daz, and everyone else who he used to work with, he gave Kurupt another chance.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 12:52:34 AM »
-Dre signing to Interscope
-Dre signing Eminem
fuck jimmy, he is the biggest mistake in music.
So true

The Watcher

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 01:07:20 AM »
dre signing eminem is the biggest mistake? gimme a break.. Dre was releasing that aftermath compilation before he signed em.. if anything Em actually brought Dre back, just as much as Dre helped Em's career

joe beast was garbage, hittman should've had game's spot

rakim signing to aftermath was a big mistake
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 01:09:59 AM »
^I dont like Em's music,plain & simple.

wcsoldier

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 01:16:32 AM »
I think Crooked I signing to Death Row actually got him more exposure than most people think. Of course the albums didn't sell, but the label is notorious. And it did put a stint in his career, but he can say he was signed to arguably one of the best rap labels ever. Now that he has left, throughout the court case he had with Suge, and even now, people are anticipating his next move. But with all that said, he should have waited 6 months and signed with Dre. He probably would have been on 2001.

As for Kurupt, he did what he had to do to support his family. No one else would sign him for $4 million just to do nothing and pretend to be VP. He was contractually unable to release an album, so there wasn't much he could do. As easy as it would be to say Suge made the move just to piss off Snoop, Daz, and everyone else who he used to work with, he gave Kurupt another chance.
Totally agree with the 1st part. Dre told Crooked I he 'll work with him but Crook should wait one year. Result: Crook has waited for 5 years

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 01:22:27 AM »
Shyne hookin up with Bad Boy...
Andre gettin with that Eryka Badu chick, he was just gay after that...
Mack 10 signing with Cash Money...
Bubba Sparxx...

wcsoldier

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 01:26:25 AM »
Let Lil John released a LP . How can people calls this piece of shit rap  ???