Author Topic: Larry Hughes to sign with Cleveland...  (Read 179 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Larry Hughes to sign with Cleveland...
« on: July 09, 2005, 02:25:08 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2103569

In my opinion, Cleveland is gunna finally be a strong team...Obviously, LeBron couldn't do it alone, but now he's going to have 2 all-star caliber players by his side...If they don't make the playoffs this coming season, LeBron will finally be considered a flop in my eyes...I predict Cleveland will be a 3rd or 4th seeded team with their strong line-up...Seems like this off-season is only gunna get more and more interesting...PeACe

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Re: Larry Hughes to sign with Cleveland...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 03:34:27 AM »
cant possibly be a 3 or 4 seed with indy, miami and detroit in the east.  the cavs arenet on the same level as any of those 3 teams.  in fact i still think boston and chicago can be better than cleveland next year

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 04:34:44 AM »
The east got much stronger.. Detroit and Miami and Indiana (with Artest) are obviously really good teams, and Cleveland, Chicago, Boston, NJ and maybe even the Sixers with that Webber-steal arent jokes any more either.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 10:14:21 AM »
Well, if LeBron is as awesome as everyone says, there's no reason for them not to make it up to a 4th seed...I also think Miami is going to fall off and Boston is on an uprise, especially since now Green will be sporting the green...

Prolific

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 10:03:36 PM »
They traded away ricky davis because he wasn't getting along...Larry Hughes is not a a true playmaker, he scorer who needs the ball like Lebron..Lebron ain't a flop he carried the team on his shoulders when everyone fell off and almost had them in the playoffs if it wasn't for a Prince blocked shot. Top teams in the east...Heat, Pistons, Pacers, Bulls

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 12:57:08 PM »
They traded away ricky davis because he wasn't getting along...Larry Hughes is not a a true playmaker, he scorer who needs the ball like Lebron..Lebron ain't a flop he carried the team on his shoulders when everyone fell off and almost had them in the playoffs if it wasn't for a Prince blocked shot. Top teams in the east...Heat, Pistons, Pacers, Bulls

Well, Ricky Davis ended up being perfectly fine with playing the 6th man, 6th fucking man, when he knew damn well he coulda' been the star player on some of the teams in the NBA today..That only tells me one thing, Ricky wasn't the problem...And Larry Huges comes from a sucessful team where Gilbert Arenas, Mr.-shoot-it himself, was the star player...I don't see any reason this talented roster won't be succesful...And there's no excuse for the drought LeBron and his team went through at the end of the season to miss the playoffs...PeACe

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 05:44:26 PM »

Well, Ricky Davis ended up being perfectly fine with playing the 6th man, 6th fucking man, when he knew damn well he coulda' been the star player on some of the teams in the NBA today..That only tells me one thing, Ricky wasn't the problem...And Larry Huges comes from a sucessful team where Gilbert Arenas, Mr.-shoot-it himself, was the star player...I don't see any reason this talented roster won't be succesful...And there's no excuse for the drought LeBron and his team went through at the end of the season to miss the playoffs...PeACe
ricky davis could never be a star on a team because hes not disciplined. he doesnt have the fundamentals. and i dont think lebron has been a flop. when he came into the league i really hated him because of all the hype...and i still dont like him but i gotta give him credit and he has done well unlike a certain other player in denver. but in my opinion its kinda sad that lebron sent two videos requesting ray allen and michael redd to come play with him and both declined. i kindafeel sorry for cleveland because its not fair that they are handing this kid the franchise and it seems like he will potentially leave. anyone notice though, how lebron gets to play gm and doesnt catch any heat but when kobe does it its like the end of the world and they start saying hes selfish? by the way larry hughes wasnt the answer for cleveland they needed a good point guard and they needed to resign zydrunas ilgauskas

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 03:34:09 AM »

ricky davis could never be a star on a team because hes not disciplined. he doesnt have the fundamentals. and i dont think lebron has been a flop. when he came into the league i really hated him because of all the hype...and i still dont like him but i gotta give him credit and he has done well unlike a certain other player in denver. but in my opinion its kinda sad that lebron sent two videos requesting ray allen and michael redd to come play with him and both declined. i kindafeel sorry for cleveland because its not fair that they are handing this kid the franchise and it seems like he will potentially leave. anyone notice though, how lebron gets to play gm and doesnt catch any heat but when kobe does it its like the end of the world and they start saying hes selfish? by the way larry hughes wasnt the answer for cleveland they needed a good point guard and they needed to resign zydrunas ilgauskas

Ricky Davis seemed very disciplined to me last season...I really think he grew...Put him on Atlanta, and he'd EASILY be the star...I can bet you anything he'd average 25 points and 10 rebounds on a team like Atlanta...And it seems to me like he got the fundamentals down very well, he was robbed of the 6th man award last season...LeBron hasn't been a flop, but he hasn't been as amazing as people were saying. Next MJ? Next Kobe? Not quite yet...He's done well, but he needs a lot more help... he can't carry a team, he couldn't even make the playoffs with an all-star center by his side...Carmelo Anthony had a better first season than James, but he flopped in his sophmore season...I dunno what the reason for that is, but I bet he'll come back strong next season...Then you say that Cleveland needs a point guard, I'm willing to bet Hughes will start at PG and will switch between PG and SG for Cleveland next season...He WAS their answer, he's the best player they could get...If he played well with Arenas, he could definitely play well with LeBron, who is much more of a passer...And Igauskas is already re-signing, so LeBron, Hughes, and Ilgauaskas...If those 3 can't make the playoffs, then LeBron is officially a flop in my eyes...I believe they'll easily make the playoffs, and even make it as a 4th seeded team, but I thought Cleveland would make the playoffs last year as well, and LeBron disappointed...PeACe