Author Topic: Do you think Dre has a protege under wraps kept secret for detox?  (Read 687 times)

Acgrundy

he did it with snoop and he did it with hittman.  you think he has one?  the net and rap were just getting popular when 2001 was in progress and soon complete, now its hard to keep things a secret, and artists try to expose themselves as much as possible (not always a good thing).

but do you think dre has someone that he recognized as having lots of talent, took under his wing and has been working with on detox?

I hope he does, cuz no doubt dre has an ear for talent.  snoop is obvious, and I think hittman came way tight on 2001 and I woulda rather seen him the next big thing on the west rather than game.  so I hope dre has someone kept a secret and we won't hear until the album comes out in 2050.

davida.b.

Re: Do you think Dre has a protege under wraps kept secret for detox?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 07:25:54 PM »
Bishop, maybe?

Acgrundy

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 07:31:47 PM »
did you read anything in my post?

bishops been heard plenty.  I'm talkin bout someone nobody has heard.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 07:32:59 PM »
snoop wasnt a secret protege, dre already gave him a mainstream debut with deep cover.

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 07:40:45 PM »
I dunno, I know what you're saying about the internet just becoming popular around the time 2001 was being recorded.  We all first heard Hitt on "Housewife", which was originally just a Kurupt remix.  So we all knew about him, but we didn't know how much he'd be on there. 

So this time may be different, because of the whole .mp3 and mixtape thing.  But hopefully he's got some new talent and he'll just put him all over Detox.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 07:43:12 PM »
^^ That's a good point. Snoop was already introduced to the world by the time The Chronic came out. Hittman's a slightly different story, but then again, Dre introduced alot of cats on "2001". I'm always up for a new discovery, but I strongly think that Detox should just be limited to legends and\or artists with whom Dre's worked with closely in the past.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 08:51:06 PM »
good thread... to answer your question, i don't know.  But hopefully.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 09:00:05 PM »
Im thinking Gary Coleman is going to make is rapping debut.

The streets say he spits that lyrical gasoline fiya!!

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 09:02:13 PM »
Bishop, maybe?

ya man bishop's got smoe talent 8)

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 09:03:40 PM »
Im thinking Gary Coleman is going to make is rapping debut.

The streets say he spits that lyrical gasoline fiya!!
Oh yea...he will bring the WEST back into the limelight

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 09:18:28 PM »
I don't think dre has a protege. Now a days you need a mixtape background to sell, you need an history, like game and fifty who where both gangstas, and they got shot and shit. In fact, Dre doesn't have much control over is works, jimmy iovine is a real mothafuckin bitch, he's controllin everything, and he have the wining formula. so he'll keep signing rappers like 50 who can drop a lot of mixtape and beef with everyone in the rap game before they even drop an album.

Acgrundy

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 10:50:45 PM »
snoop wasnt a secret protege, dre already gave him a mainstream debut with deep cover.

well excuse me, I forgot to throw in snoop dogg's entire history.  he made one fuckin song.  dont' be so goddamn literal.

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 10:54:39 PM »
he probably does, but he prolli wont make it as big as his other proteges

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 06:41:05 AM »

well excuse me, I forgot to throw in snoop dogg's entire history.  he made one fuckin song.  dont' be so goddamn literal.

.... i dont know if my message came off as hostile to u, but i said that in a "fact of the day" style fashion. i didnt mean to strike a nerve there.

but since u brought it up, that "one fuckin song" just happened to be a fuckin hit single. snoop wasnt exactly a secret anymore.

Diabolical

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 06:50:32 AM »
Fo sho Twista.

I hope Dre just releases the album soon.
Id like to see him & Quik over a funky beat like $&Sense