Author Topic: Who do you think is better than Jayo Felony right now?  (Read 446 times)

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who do you think is better than Jayo Felony right now?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2005, 05:27:13 AM »
Crooked I, Bishop Lamont, Game, Ras Kass

Tigre

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2005, 05:41:45 AM »
I'd pick Yuk ovar Jayo, Kurupt comes close too, but there's no denying that Jayo should be considered as one of the best...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2005, 05:43:07 AM »
to be real

Yukmouth
Xzibit
Techniec
I-Rocc
Crooked I
Ras Kass
Sly Boogie
The Game
Bishop Lamont
Eastwood
Smigg Dirtee
Kurupt
Spitfiya
Complex
i can go on forever

and lets not forget the guy in my sig
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Okka

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2005, 06:10:56 AM »
Yeah there is, but Jayo is a tight rapper too though...

Paul

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2005, 07:34:28 AM »
1 - kurupt hes back no doubt
2 - jayo felony albums gonna be fire
3 - snoop  sellin records
funkyfreshintheflesh

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2005, 07:36:26 AM »
yukmouth for sure.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Acgrundy

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2005, 11:28:08 AM »
I would say everyone.

haaa!

acgrundy you know you my nigga but i find it hella gay that you decided to make this thread AFTER the g-unit rumors start circulatin

and before jome trys to make it sound like i dont like jayo cuz he MIGHT be rollin with 50. i said that jayo's flow is sloppy to me like 2 weeks ago

what are you talking about?  I hate g unit with all my heart and pray to god jayo don't sign with them.  For the past maybe 2 years I've just felt that jayo has come so hard on the mic.  I was just chillin takin it easy last night and decided to make this thread.  it has absolutely nothing to do with the jayo/gunit rumors.  fuck gunit for life.

Acgrundy

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2005, 11:36:22 AM »
^^i know these are opinions but game and bishop better than jayo???? stop playin, that kind of sounds like some hater shit right there
how is that bein a hater? he likes Game and bishop better. I think Yuk is wack as a mutha fucka but im not callin you a hater. Its funny to me that all of a sudden Jayo is the hottest dude around. just last week he was another westcoast cat with no exposure and a shitty record deal.

I've been a long time fan of jayo, and bump his music on the regular.  he's been fire for years imo, not just all of a sudden.

my opinions on some of these rappers named:

yukmouth - tight, I liked him waaaaaaay better back in his first 2 luniz albums days.  he is still dope, but I don't think he comes as good as he used to.

ras kass - he's ok imo.  sure he's got some crazy lyrics, but he is pretty boring imo.  not a whole lot of ferocity/enthusiasm.  never been a huge fan of ras kass.

bishop lamont - I don't see a single thing special about him.  he is boring imo.  sounds like jay z just not as good.

game - overrated, can't even compare with jayo.

mitchy slick - dope rapper, nothing I don't like about him.  he is just not on the same level as jayo, he doesn't have the extrodinary flow that jayo has.

crooked I and Xzibit - I give them that they are contenders for best on the west.

kurupt - please. 

techniec - haven't heard much from him lately. back in the day he was great, but I don't really have an opinion on him nowadays cuz I haven't heard much from him lately.

eastwood - never felt him that much.  overrated.

We Fly High

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2005, 11:48:12 AM »
^^i know these are opinions but game and bishop better than jayo???? stop playin, that kind of sounds like some hater shit right there
how is that bein a hater? he likes Game and bishop better. I think Yuk is wack as a mutha fucka but im not callin you a hater. Its funny to me that all of a sudden Jayo is the hottest dude around. just last week he was another westcoast cat with no exposure and a shitty record deal.

I've been a long time fan of jayo, and bump his music on the regular.  he's been fire for years imo, not just all of a sudden.

my opinions on some of these rappers named:

yukmouth - tight, I liked him waaaaaaay better back in his first 2 luniz albums days.  he is still dope, but I don't think he comes as good as he used to.

ras kass - he's ok imo.  sure he's got some crazy lyrics, but he is pretty boring imo.  not a whole lot of ferocity/enthusiasm.  never been a huge fan of ras kass.

bishop lamont - I don't see a single thing special about him.  he is boring imo.  sounds like jay z just not as good.

game - overrated, can't even compare with jayo.

mitchy slick - dope rapper, nothing I don't like about him.  he is just not on the same level as jayo, he doesn't have the extrodinary flow that jayo has.

crooked I and Xzibit - I give them that they are contenders for best on the west.

kurupt - please. 

techniec - haven't heard much from him lately. back in the day he was great, but I don't really have an opinion on him nowadays cuz I haven't heard much from him lately.

eastwood - never felt him that much.  overrated.

yeah acs been likin jayos music for as long as i can remember. one of the main supporters on the site.. he didnt hop on right after these g-unit rumors

anyways thats how i feel about those artists too. i never really liked jayo at all that much before, but the more and more i hear his new shit, im like holy shit this is like one of the best on the west right now.

i dont like ras, hes too boring for me. boring ass, hella lacks enthusiasm/charisma
bishop , hes cool. gotta hear more though
game no way better than jayo
havent heard enough of mitchy slick. i dont really like his voice though
crooked i - definite contender
kurupt - no way. event hough hes starting to use complex rhymes again, none of em make sense. haha.
techniec - old/.. havent heard much from him lately, but i deifnitely think he has the capabilities, he was dope as hell back in the days
eastwood.. eh.. hes alright...

SGV

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2005, 12:16:29 PM »
Crooked I - Great lyrics, flawless flow, verstatile ("Baby Remix" to "Tha Muthafuckin' W"), charismatic ("Boom Boom Clap"), creative ("Underground Tactics"), distinct voice.

Sly Boogy - Great lyrics, flawless flow (Very similar to Jayo's), verstatile ("Crew" to "Ridiculous"), charismatic ("Sasay"), creative ("Walk Wit My Dogs," "Haters"), distinct voice.

Techniec - Great lyrics & flow, versatile ("Dime Piece Remix" to "Poison Bananas"), charismatic ("The Hood Is Mine"), distinct voice.

Balance - Good lyrics, flawless flow, versatile ("Roll Wit Me" to "Step To This"), charismatic ("Right Here"), distinct voice.

Yukmouth - Great lyrics, flawless flow, versatile ("I Want Ya Body" to "What It Do"), charismatic ("Nuthin' To A Boss"), distinct voice.

San Quinn - Great lyrics, good flow, versatile ("Bounce Wit Me" to "Checkmate"), creative ("Ayo"), distinct voice.

The Game - Good lyrics, good flow, versatile ("Hate It Or Love It" to "Certified Gangstaz") charismatic ("Higher"), creative ("Dreams").

Bishop Lamont - Good lyrics, great flow, versatile ("Change The World" to "Do That Shit"), charismatic ("New West Order").

Spitfiya - Great lyrics, amazing flow, versatile ("Make It Home" to "Born N Raised"), charismatic (Just watch him interact with people).

I think all these people have something on Jayo easily. This isn't even a full list, these are just the ones that stand out first.

acbaylove

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2005, 01:25:30 PM »
Crooked I - Great lyrics, flawless flow, verstatile ("Baby Remix" to "Tha Muthafuckin' W"), charismatic ("Boom Boom Clap"), creative ("Underground Tactics"), distinct voice.

Sly Boogy - Great lyrics, flawless flow (Very similar to Jayo's), verstatile ("Crew" to "Ridiculous"), charismatic ("Sasay"), creative ("Walk Wit My Dogs," "Haters"), distinct voice.

Techniec - Great lyrics & flow, versatile ("Dime Piece Remix" to "Poison Bananas"), charismatic ("The Hood Is Mine"), distinct voice.

Balance - Good lyrics, flawless flow, versatile ("Roll Wit Me" to "Step To This"), charismatic ("Right Here"), distinct voice.

Yukmouth - Great lyrics, flawless flow, versatile ("I Want Ya Body" to "What It Do"), charismatic ("Nuthin' To A Boss"), distinct voice.

San Quinn - Great lyrics, good flow, versatile ("Bounce Wit Me" to "Checkmate"), creative ("Ayo"), distinct voice.

The Game - Good lyrics, good flow, versatile ("Hate It Or Love It" to "Certified Gangstaz") charismatic ("Higher"), creative ("Dreams").

Bishop Lamont - Good lyrics, great flow, versatile ("Change The World" to "Do That Shit"), charismatic ("New West Order").

Spitfiya - Great lyrics, amazing flow, versatile ("Make It Home" to "Born N Raised"), charismatic (Just watch him interact with people).

I think all these people have something on Jayo easily. This isn't even a full list, these are just the ones that stand out first.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2005, 01:33:04 PM »

i wasnt calling you out specifically...He only became a hot topic recently to alot of people here because the supposed G-Unit affliation. Which is cool I guess cause I have no hate for dude,he's got skill,I just dont know why it took G-Unit's supposed intrest in him to get people talkin about him.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2005, 02:35:37 PM »
ras kass, crooked i, yukmouth,san quinn,techniec & locksmith from frontline....

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2005, 03:19:25 PM »
gonzoe,yuk,tri star and roscoe

Jome

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2005, 09:53:39 PM »
lol, half of the rappers mentioned is garbage or average rookies with a couple of tracks out, but then again, it comes down to personal taste.
To think that Bishop, Game, todays Kurupt, Techniec, Smigg Dirtee, Eastwood!!!, Gonzoe, or Balance/Locksmith comes close to Jayo, is just laughable to me, but everybody is entitled to have their own favorites.. I think you could make a "Who's fucking with <insert any rapper>" and there will always be people bringing up a dozen random names..