Author Topic: Who do you think is better than Jayo Felony right now?  (Read 447 times)

TeeRaySix9Teen

Re: Who do you think is better than Jayo Felony right now?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2005, 02:10:06 AM »
yah i put him as one of the top on the west for sure. But theres a lotta MC's on the west im feelin.

Kurupt
Mitchy
Jayo
Sly Boogy
Kam

I dunno if i put any of them above eachother. They all have possitives and negatives to be real. Only thing with Jayo that i dont like over the last few years is that he RIPS it on everyone elses tracks..but when he does his own shit, its not as hot. You put him as a feature on another artists song...he'll outshine everyone. Them when it comes to his own shit, its almost halfassed. One thing i take into consideration is that it could be partially the production on his songs that just make sound bad. If the production aint there, it just throws off the whole sound of the song. I know i been backin Mitchy alot lately, but honestly i see him havin a good chance to blow here soon. Maybe more then any of these guys. Kurupt is already worldwide with his. But to be real, its hard for a gangsta rapper to make it these days. Most gangsta rappers out there right now got the same rough, deep, booming voice. Its gonna take somebody to be, or sound just a little bit different. The country has a stereotype already of what a westcoast gangsta rapper sounds like...and we aint sellin records. So it helps for an MC (like Mitch) to sound different then the rest. I do think that right now Jayo is a little more lyrically sharp then Mitchy. But he's also been doin this longer. Obviously Jayo is stronger now then he was back in 94. So, as for who i like best outta that group...i dunno. As for who i see with the best shot at big time exposure....Mitchy or maybe Sly Boogy.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2005, 02:13:28 AM »
lol, half of the rappers mentioned is garbage or average rookies with a couple of tracks out, but then again, it comes down to personal taste.
To think that Bishop, Game, todays Kurupt, Techniec, Smigg Dirtee, Eastwood!!!, Gonzoe, or Balance/Locksmith comes close to Jayo, is just laughable to me, but everybody is entitled to have their own favorites.. I think you could make a "Who's fucking with <insert any rapper>" and there will always be people bringing up a dozen random names..

Smigg honestly has some skills tho. Lyrically he's pretty tight, with a lotta wordplay, multies, n metaphors n shit. He doesnt have that overwhelmind presence that Jayo has on a track. But lyrically he's nice...

Acgrundy

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2005, 10:33:07 AM »
personally I think mitchy is way too hardcore to ever blow up.  he would totally have to change his style.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2005, 09:06:53 AM »
personally I think mitchy is way too hardcore to ever blow up.  he would totally have to change his style.

in a way yeah. Only in tha sense that he really bangs, and reps a real set on damn near every track. Most "gangsta" rappers hardly even mention a real set. But Mitch is Lincoln from beginnin to end on them albums. So yeah, that could make it hard to blow up. But his style is unique. Jayo is tight, but to outsiders its kinda like "he sounds like all the rest" u know?