Author Topic: a better riddle than the last... possibly the best...  (Read 252 times)

rafsta

a better riddle than the last... possibly the best...
« on: July 25, 2005, 08:10:19 AM »
this riddle is actual problem solving skills... it's a fucking good riddle, and you can work it out with the information you have... there is a logical answer to this, no bullshit involved.

there are 3 light switches. one of the light switches turns on a light in the basement. you cannot see if the basement is lit up from upstairs. you may walk down to the basement only once. you may not tear the place apart, and you cannot use any equipment to find which light switch turns on the nasement light. the other two light switches do nothing.

which light switch turns on the basement light ?

UAK

Re: a better riddle than the last... possibly the best...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 08:19:32 AM »
Already solved this before...

rafsta

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 08:26:57 AM »
Already solved this before...

cool keep it under wraps until someone else can solve it... this is one of my favourites...

rafsta

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 08:28:44 AM »
here is another one:

there is a boy, his father, and his uncle in a car accident, the father and the uncle die, but the boy is still alive... when he arrives in the hospital the doctor says: "i cant operate on this boy, he is my son !" - how is this possible ?

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 08:36:48 AM »
its his mother

rafsta

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 08:46:40 AM »
its his mother

:D but you didnt gte the first one !!

bez

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 08:49:36 AM »
you got me.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 08:50:04 AM »
its his mother

:D but you didnt gte the first one !!

fuckin' sexist riddle  ;)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 10:43:46 AM »
whatever one makes the light turn on. can check by touching the bulb to see if its been on by how hot it is. riddle was not that diffuclt. i have a book full of riddles that are 100 times more difficult then this 1. dunno where it is tho.

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 11:20:46 AM »
dosia your answer doesnt make any sense...how is touching the light bulb gonna tell you which of the 3 switches is the one for the light in the basement?

We Fly High

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 11:33:44 AM »
you can turn one of the lightswitches on, and wait like ten minutes till it gets hot, turn it off and then turn on another one and go downstairs real quick.
1. if the light is off, but is hot, then the first lightswitch was the one that really works
2. if when you go down, and the light is on, then that means the 2nd switch is it.
3. if the lightbulb remains cool and cold to the touch, then that means it hasnt been turned on yet, and its the third switch.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 12:13:38 PM »
you can turn one of the lightswitches on, and wait like ten minutes till it gets hot, turn it off and then turn on another one and go downstairs real quick.
1. if the light is off, but is hot, then the first lightswitch was the one that really works
2. if when you go down, and the light is on, then that means the 2nd switch is it.
3. if the lightbulb remains cool and cold to the touch, then that means it hasnt been turned on yet, and its the third switch.

yup. didnt feel like writing it out.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 02:56:15 PM »

hey brain surgeons you can only go to the basement once, read thoroughly, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 02:57:16 PM »
here is another one:

there is a boy, his father, and his uncle in a car accident, the father and the uncle die, but the boy is still alive... when he arrives in the hospital the doctor says: "i cant operate on this boy, he is my son !" - how is this possible ?

i heard that one before and actually got it, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 02:58:34 PM »

hey brain surgeons you can only go to the basement once, read thoroughly, peace.

^ uh.. what they said works..you only need to go down once with that method they said..
i'll write it out another way with "when you go down" seperated

u turn one on for ages..... then turn it off.. then u turn another one on..

and go down...

if its on.. the one u left on is 'the one'
if its warm then the first one u turned on, then off.. is 'the one'
otherwise the switch u didn't fuck wit is 'the one'