Author Topic: Mausberg appreciation thread  (Read 287 times)

Paul

Re: Mausberg appreciation thread
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 08:11:48 AM »
i won't say he's the greatest, he's not even in my top 50... the fact is he was cut down even before he got his chance, the man had some talent and could have only got better with age

wot happened 2 him bt the way?
funkyfreshintheflesh

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 08:17:56 AM »

he got shot twice in front of his house in compton..

here is an inciteful snippet from the video interview justin@dubcnn did with quik at the end of last year

dubcnn.com: Do you have any plans to release any more Mausberg material?

I don't own the masters. and the songs I did do on them, I buried them away in a vault. If i find them, then I'll mix them and put it out. But it just hurts. if u think about it. How would u feel if your artist ...you're Mausberg's homeboy and you're producing his album. July the 3rd, you know... what was it...nineteen... it was 2000... july the 3rd, 2000. You go in the studio and you're working on his record,
right. July the 3rd.. y'all partying, having a good time, y'all drinking, y'all eating, recording, got the faders up, the studios beautiful like this...you shake his hands, and you say 'Alright man I'll talk to you tomorrow. We'll take tomorrow off cuz tomorrows fourth of July. Have fun with your family, and then on the fifth, we come back and finish it and get on down.' and he was like 'Alright cool cool cool.' We
all leave the studio. Fourth of July comes, you know the whole day passes, everybody go do what they do . The fourth of July is over, you go to bed, you getting ready to go to the studio the next day. You sleeping in bed and you get a phone call 'Hey.... what?..... Mausberg is dead, but the studio is still booked, You still gotta go to the studio the next day" and its like .... well... show must go on. so I got up, went to the studio, and started working. His food was still in the room. his drink cup right there. and I gotta do the album, I gotta finish his album without him. I can't even ask him which one of these should I not use. 'Do you like this vocal take or this one?' He's gone. How does that make you feel?

rest here http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/djquik/

rafsta

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2005, 09:05:14 AM »
I know it's cool to say he's dope since he's dead, but I don't think he is anything special. I wouldn't be checking for him if it wasn't for them Quik beats.

i dont get why people think that a rapper dying makes their lyrics better. or makes them cool to listen to... when mausberg died did his lyrics change ? NO they stayed the same...

how you cant recognise talent is beyond me... one of my favourite Mausberg tracks is "the re-birth" and thats not even produced by quik...

Diabolical

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2005, 11:31:47 AM »

he got shot twice in front of his house in compton..

here is an inciteful snippet from the video interview justin@dubcnn did with quik at the end of last year

dubcnn.com: Do you have any plans to release any more Mausberg material?

I don't own the masters. and the songs I did do on them, I buried them away in a vault. If i find them, then I'll mix them and put it out. But it just hurts. if u think about it. How would u feel if your artist ...you're Mausberg's homeboy and you're producing his album. July the 3rd, you know... what was it...nineteen... it was 2000... july the 3rd, 2000. You go in the studio and you're working on his record,
right. July the 3rd.. y'all partying, having a good time, y'all drinking, y'all eating, recording, got the faders up, the studios beautiful like this...you shake his hands, and you say 'Alright man I'll talk to you tomorrow. We'll take tomorrow off cuz tomorrows fourth of July. Have fun with your family, and then on the fifth, we come back and finish it and get on down.' and he was like 'Alright cool cool cool.' We
all leave the studio. Fourth of July comes, you know the whole day passes, everybody go do what they do . The fourth of July is over, you go to bed, you getting ready to go to the studio the next day. You sleeping in bed and you get a phone call 'Hey.... what?..... Mausberg is dead, but the studio is still booked, You still gotta go to the studio the next day" and its like .... well... show must go on. so I got up, went to the studio, and started working. His food was still in the room. his drink cup right there. and I gotta do the album, I gotta finish his album without him. I can't even ask him which one of these should I not use. 'Do you like this vocal take or this one?' He's gone. How does that make you feel?

rest here http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/djquik/

Nice interview
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 11:38:49 AM by Cop Killla »

ability

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2005, 08:56:15 PM »
The truest to do it, died july 5, OF 2000, CAME IN PUSHING BUTTONS, STEPPING ON TOES AND STRAIGHT CLOWNING, the new westcoast movement, what the fuck do you think he was doing, eazy put it on the map THE REALIST MAUSBERG SUPERIOR BROUGHT THE CROWN BACK (BOO-YEAH), There's no top dog, no west coast boss, but there's only one RING KING, who paid the ultimate cost, got to give credit where credit is due THE REALIST THE WORD DEFINES YOU. IF THEY DON'T FEEL YOU IT'S BECAUSE YOUR THEIR FAVORITE WESTCOAST RAPPER'S FAVORITE RAPPER, YOUR PRESENCE WAS FELT AND AS POTENT AS THE GUN YOU NAMED YOURSELF AFTER, AT THIS PRESENT TIME,  FOR SOME STRANGE REASON I THINK THESE RAPPERS ARE STUDYING YOUR RHYMES, I LOVE THE WEST AND IT'S ON THE MOVE, WESTCOAST RE-BIRTH GAME SHOULD RECOGNIZE IT BEGAN WITH YOU, FORGIVE THESE YOUNG CATS FOR THEY DO NOT KNOW, THE NEXT TO BLOW, ANOTHER ALIAS DOG, JOHN DOE, THIS IS FOR YOU, PLEASE RAISE YOUR GLASS OR CUP, NO ONE HAS COME HARDER ON ANY RAP SONG THAN MAUSBERG DID IN SHUT UP!   
REST IN PEACE,
JOHNNY "BEAR" BURNS    :grumpy:
FROM THE SIX BLOCK