Author Topic: Lakers on an uprise...just missing a few pieces to the puzzle.  (Read 2982 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Lakers definitely haven't made any huge improvements roster-wise from last season (other than the coach change, of course), but it's not how the roster looks that counts, it's how the roster comes together under its coach to play. I believe the Lakers will shock everyone with a huge improvement and even a high spot in the playoff seeding at the end of this coming season...People saying the Lakers need another superstar, or some more "impact players"...But if you look at the starting 5 line-up, it seems like it could definitely work:

Kobe Bryant….Sasha Vujacic/Tierre Brown
Devean George...Smush Parker/Tony Bobbit/Von Wafer
Lamar Odom…..Jumain Jones/Luke Walton/Laron Profit
Kwame Brown…..Brian Grant/Brian Cook/Slava Medvadenko/Ronny Turiaf
Chris Mihm…..Andrew Bynum

That's easily a better starting 5 than what the Lakers had last season...You see, what the Lakers really need is to MOST OF ALL streghnthen their bench. Then maybe add a point guard who can play and improve on the center position...The center position is already being worked on, as ya'll see the Lakers have some big-men potential in Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, and Andrew Bynum, who are all being developed. So you can put that one aside. Now all the Lakers need is to replace some of the bums on their bench with some hard working athletes who want to win. Then maybe add a point guard, like, lets say Derek Fisher. Now, add the fact that the team's being coached by Phil Jackson, and you've got yourself some serious contenders...I really believe the potential is being overlooked and that some magic is about to happen in LA...But only time will tell.

wcsoldier

Re: Lakers on an uprise...just missing a few pieces to the puzzle.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 03:01:59 AM »
Turiaf is out. By the way Tex Winter is back with Phil  8). About results I think we can make the playoffs but a spot above the 6th doesn't seem realistic for me regarding the roster. Though the season is far from the beginnin, plus like you said some players (Mihm for example) can improve with Phil
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 03:05:30 AM by wcsoldier »

acbaylove

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 03:21:38 AM »
Last year it was been one of them season where nothing worked. I doubt the Lakers can make a worse season than the last one, for real. We played with no defence at all, allowing opponents to score almost 102 points per game, a scandalous statistic (in the last 10 games, where we collapsed, opponents scored almost 113 points per game!!!!!). With Phil back, obviously we will not see those stats again, so that's enought to make us a better team. We can def reach at least the #8 spot, i'm sure about it. But we have to work a lot, and we need to make other trades. But i'm pretty optimistic next year we will do better. Not that it's so hard anyway.

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 03:26:26 AM »
Last year it was been one of them season where nothing worked. I doubt the Lakers can make a worse season than the last one, for real. We played with no defence at all, allowing opponents to score almost 102 points per game, a scandalous statistic (in the last 10 games, where we collapsed, opponents scored almost 113 points per game!!!!!). With Phil back, obviously we will not see those stats again, so that's enought to make us a better team. We can def reach at least the #8 spot, i'm sure about it. But we have to work a lot, and we need to make other trades. But i'm pretty optimistic next year we will do better. Not that it's so hard anyway.
about tradin we absolutely  need a PG

acbaylove

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 04:29:07 AM »
^ We still have a MLE and a LLE, so i aint worried about it.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 07:09:21 AM »
I couldn't resist laughin when I looked at that bench. Luke Walton is the best player on there, and that is saying a lot. You also lack a real point guard. And if Brown isn't the next Jermaine O'Neal, but a complete bust, Lakers are really fucked. I'm sorry but I really don't see how this team will go anywhere, it's almost like Orlando back in the day when McGrady was the only man in the roster who could play basketball.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 07:13:12 AM »
I couldn't resist laughin when I looked at that bench. Luke Walton is the best player on there, and that is saying a lot. You also lack a real point guard. And if Brown isn't the next Jermaine O'Neal, but a complete bust, Lakers are really fucked. I'm sorry but I really don't see how this team will go anywhere, it's almost like Orlando back in the day when McGrady was the only man in the roster who could play basketball.
You can hate the Lakers all day but Lakers history>>>>>> your favorite team one

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 07:19:30 AM »
^^^^ That's what fallen ones always have to rely on. History.
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 07:21:10 AM »
Great teams never die. We'll back on top as always

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 07:24:09 AM »

Yeah, but you'll have to endure more bad/mediocore seasons than just 1. Look at the Celtics, they are even greater than the Lakers, but how long is it that they where contenders for a championship?
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 08:05:01 AM »

Yeah, but you'll have to endure more bad/mediocore seasons than just 1. Look at the Celtics, they are even greater than the Lakers, but how long is it that they where contenders for a championship?
I've already known we won't be contenders til 2007-2008 (if we wouls sign major players). Anyway I still support them though they have no chance to win. I ain't one of these fake fans who only supports a  franchise when she wins. If I can wait Detox for seven years , sure I can do it for the Lakers lol. About the Celtics you right , their old fans must be fed up of waiting for (if i'm right since 86)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 10:35:15 AM »
Look at the Celtics, they are even greater than the Lakers

:-X :-X :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 10:42:48 AM »
I couldn't resist laughin when I looked at that bench.

Like I said, the starting 5 looks fine, it's mostly the bench that needs some filling in...I mean, Brian Grant, Jumain Jones, Luke Walton, Briank Cook, Slava Medvadenko etc. are somewhat decent players, but we need some players on the bench who can REALLY step up and add some depth to the team...And yes, we might need another point guard, but Kobe can play the point and has done so for a good portion of his career...But an addition like Derek Fisher would move Devean George to the bench and Kobe Bryant to the shooting guard position, which would add depth to the bench and improve on the point guard postion. A great way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone...I have faith in this team, they have A LOT to work with...PeACe

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2005, 11:52:18 AM »
you gotta love this lil faggots jumping about & down b/c the Lakers had 1 bad season & the thought that they may suck for a while

this were the same fags mad that we were winning championships.

And the celtics are not a better franchice then the Lakers..the celtics did all their damege in the 50's 60's & even 70's i think

80's-- Lakers won more then the celtics 5 to 3 & like 9 final apperences

90's-Lakers

2 g's-Lakers 3 championships 4 final apperences..got/had 2 best players in NBA shaq & kobe

i don't care if the celtics do have 2 more trophys then us..we still the best & been to the finals 28 times ,celtics 19

back to the topic

just havin phil will make us better....kobe is going to have an mvp season..but fuckin lamar better learn the triangle offence..i know that shit is hard to pick up but we need him to step it up...Lamar will over power anny SF in the nba if he could just learn the triangle offence.

And the bench is not the best but i like...j.jones,walton,b.grant is a big question mark.

the Lakers didn't struggle scoring points Last season it was just that fuckin defence...kobe alone could win a gang of games..phil just needs to concetrate on coming up with defence of schemes

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 11:56:35 AM »
i think the key element is how phil jackson wants his team to play bball is it Kobe dominant or down in the paint with odom, mihm and brown..cause apparently kobe couldnt do it by himself last year