Author Topic: Recent Sohh.com Interview with DJ Quik (Good Read)  (Read 268 times)

Woodrow

Re: Recent Sohh.com Interview with DJ Quik (Good R
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2002, 01:48:05 PM »
If I diss a big blue bitch in a suit am I talking about snoop dogg?

-Engelwood
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

budsmokeronly

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2002, 03:43:50 PM »
Thanks for the dope interview.  I never knew 2nd II None broke up.  Anyone know when that happened.

Doggystylin

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2002, 03:51:36 PM »
If I diss a big blue bitch in a suit am I talking about snoop dogg?

-Engelwood

no but suge is know for wearin that red suit, hes always wearin it, everywhere....look at all the mag covers , a shitload of pics, inside of DRGH's cd

Woodrow

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2002, 04:31:17 PM »
Why would he diss suge in a song that is dedicated to his homies? It just dosent make any sense. I dont see how he could be like: Fuck suge one second, then the next open up to the listener completly the next... If Quik REALLY hated suge, I guarantee he would make a whole song about it. Not just drop one "Could be" diss. There is no doubt that Quik dosent like the way he does buisness, nor him as a person, but I highly doubt that this is a diss twards him.

-Engelwood

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2002, 05:56:32 PM »
Dope Interview.

Sucks to hear about 2nd II None though. I wonder what happened.. wonder which one stayed down.. I guess it was KK cuz he's on tha album.

Can't wait for that new Hi C and Suga Free, I think Hi C got down on Unda Tha Influence.

And I agree with Englewood. The diss is scetchy, Only person who can tell if it's a diss or not is Quik. I also thought/think he was actually talking about tha devil... Quik makes alot of refrences about not giving up his soul for money. He doesn't really have a reason to Diss suge... I doubt he's talkinb about Suge.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2002, 11:30:18 PM »
At First I Was Yea That's Definitely A Diss But Equally It Could Just Be About The Devil...

However...

If You Havn't See The "Wake Up Show" Video Interview With Quik Then You Wont Realise The Context Some Of Us First Saw This Verse In. He First Blatently Disses Suge Sayin Hes A Negative Person And If He Had His Way They'd All "Be Back In The Corn Fields...Idiot"

The Hosts Genuinely Shocked Then Ask Him About his Suge Relationship Then Shortly After Ask Him To Drop A Freestyle (This Verse We Later Discovered Was The First Off "50 Ways")

So When We First Saw The Verse It Was Just After A Swipe At Suge, And Some Of The Lyrics Fit.

Anyway Its All Opinions. Yall Need To Check That Interview, It Got Ripped A While Back By A Guy Called 'Rishi' Ive No Doubt Someone With It Will Hook Yall Up With The Video If Ya Want It

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

KVB

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2002, 11:43:04 PM »
Dope, Thanks For Postin That Up 704D!

Great Read

peace

WORD.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2002, 12:16:11 AM »
Why would he diss suge in a song that is dedicated to his homies? It just dosent make any sense. I dont see how he could be like: Fuck suge one second, then the next open up to the listener completly the next... If Quik REALLY hated suge, I guarantee he would make a whole song about it. Not just drop one "Could be" diss. There is no doubt that Quik dosent like the way he does buisness, nor him as a person, but I highly doubt that this is a diss twards him.

-Engelwood

Yeah I agree with you, I doubt this was a diss to Suge. I mean he said he didnt diss anyone on this album, so why would he said no if he dissed him? He said he wished him luck, so that doesnt make any sense. Like Engelwood said, he doesnt like him as a person, but i doubt its directed at suge.

And Shiiiett, I wanna hear that song with Mc Eiht, Xzibit, Defari, etc. Thats song must be dope.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Woodrow

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2002, 04:03:04 AM »
At First I Was Yea That's Definitely A Diss But Equally It Could Just Be About The Devil...

However...

If You Havn't See The "Wake Up Show" Video Interview With Quik Then You Wont Realise The Context Some Of Us First Saw This Verse In. He First Blatently Disses Suge Sayin Hes A Negative Person And If He Had His Way They'd All "Be Back In The Corn Fields...Idiot"

The Hosts Genuinely Shocked Then Ask Him About his Suge Relationship Then Shortly After Ask Him To Drop A Freestyle (This Verse We Later Discovered Was The First Off "50 Ways")

So When We First Saw The Verse It Was Just After A Swipe At Suge, And Some Of The Lyrics Fit.

Anyway Its All Opinions. Yall Need To Check That Interview, It Got Ripped A While Back By A Guy Called 'Rishi' Ive No Doubt Someone With It Will Hook Yall Up With The Video If Ya Want It

peace

Ive got the viedo on my computer, Its pretty dope even tho the freestyles... arent.

I still dont think its directed twards him. Call it a hunch, call it a gut feelin', I think he wasn't feelin' Suge, told the hosts that, and then dropped that verse. Yes he dissed Suge, but not in the verse... 50 ways is much to beautiful to be a diss song. Ah well, perhpas we just agree to disagree

-Engelwood

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2002, 05:38:34 AM »

Ah well, perhpas we just agree to disagree

-Engelwood

Sounds Good To Me! ;)

But Seriously - It Could Swing Either Way And I Do See Your Opinion And Respect It   ;D

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network