Author Topic: Roger Clemens Is Unbelievable  (Read 199 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Roger Clemens Is Unbelievable
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2005, 02:16:43 PM »
Carpenter still leads more categories than Clemens. He is the ace that the Cardinals have needed for years now.

Carpenter has let in nearly double the runs, double the homeruns, and 30 more hits. If Clemens was on a team that could put up even 3 runs a game he'd have maybe 19 wins so far. Carpenter will have his time, but if Clemens won last year with his performance then he has to win this year. Carpenter will have his times.

Also I just checked the Cy Young awards list and Nolan Ryan is nowhere to be found. This guy threw nearly 400 SOs in one year back in 72 and he doesn't get a nod. That's bullshit. Clemens has the record with 7 Cy Youngs.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
Re: Roger Clemens Is Unbelievable
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 11:25:04 PM »
Carpenter still leads more categories than Clemens. He is the ace that the Cardinals have needed for years now.

Carpenter has let in nearly double the runs, double the homeruns, and 30 more hits. If Clemens was on a team that could put up even 3 runs a game he'd have maybe 19 wins so far. Carpenter will have his time, but if Clemens won last year with his performance then he has to win this year. Carpenter will have his times.

Also I just checked the Cy Young awards list and Nolan Ryan is nowhere to be found. This guy threw nearly 400 SOs in one year back in 72 and he doesn't get a nod. That's bullshit. Clemens has the record with 7 Cy Youngs.

Clemens ERA is 1.32, Carpenter's is 2.25. Randy Johnson last year had the best year of any pitcher in the NL but because he didn't have the wins, Clemens (who had 20 or something like that got it). There aren't any good reason as to why Carpenter shouldn't get the award. Carpenter has more wins, strikeouts, Shout Outs, Complete games, wins, most 1, 2, 3 innings, & when he pitched against Clemens, he outpitched Clemens.

Even the sportcasters who say Clemens is having one of the best years since Bob Gibson, still say that they would vote for Carpenter.