Author Topic: Hemp -  (Read 338 times)

Trauma-san

Hemp -
« on: August 23, 2005, 06:17:32 PM »
I was thinking today about how hippies are always trying to get "hemp" legalized, because Hemp is so strong, right?  It's the strongest fiber in the world, and so they use that as an excuse for why Marijuana should be legal to grow.  The implication is that we should be able to grow it, so that we can use Hemp for clothing and rope and things like that.

I've always considered that just an excuse to legalize marijuana, nobody's out there trying to make clothes out of pot.

Today, I just discovered that the whole thing's a myth.  Hemp is of course a very strong material, but the strongest natural fiber in the world is actually silk.  As a matter of fact, Hemp is often mixed with Silk to make fabrics, becuase the Silk gives it a smoother texture and a better look.  They say that the Hemp makes the silk stronger, but that's just not true, the silk fiber is actually stronger, on it's own, than the hemp fiber is. 

Just thought I'd share, I know there's a lot of burnouts around here.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Hemp -
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 07:59:04 PM »
I thought you were one of those burnout hippies. 

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 08:18:21 PM »
I heard something about a goat and a spider to make more silk or something.  I dunno.  I'm just typing out loud.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 09:56:40 PM »
Who cares? Legalize marijuana. The government would make so much money from it, then taxes would be lowered, and people would chill the fuck out. Set some standards just like with alcohol and do it. I think it is safe to say psychologically that weed is a lot more managable than alcohol. I could give a damn if it can be woven to make clothes and paper, but it's definately another upside, even if it isn't the strongest material.

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 11:06:25 PM »
^^^Uhh, what he said

'EclipZe

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 01:35:23 AM »
here u can get alcohol legal if ur 16 :D, and if ur 12/13 u can even get it lol... not legal though, but they still give it to ya..

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 05:50:43 AM »

u know another thing... hemp can already be legally produced without creating something with THC in.. so people can't get high off that shit..

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 05:55:29 AM »
I heard something about a goat and a spider to make more silk or something.  I dunno.  I'm just typing out loud.

Yeah I read that in a book The U.S. military done it or something.

Small bit I found when I googled it:

Scientists have combined the DNA from a goat and spider to create an animal which produces silk that is five times stronger than steel. The fibre, derived from the goats' milk, harnesses the huge strength of silk spun by spiders.

The breakthrough could be worth millions because the silkmilk fibre can be used to make body armour which is far tougher than normal bullet-proof vests – while weighing little more than a cotton shirt.

The hybrid goats were created by the insertion of a single gene from an orb-weaving spider into a fertilised goat egg.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 05:57:51 AM by prominent »

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 09:24:06 AM »

u know another thing... hemp can already be legally produced without creating something with THC in.. so people can't get high off that shit..

Yeah, but nobody's for that.  I wonder why?  They make Hemp out of the stems, these motherfuckers want Hemp to be manufactured all over the world so they can scoop up all the leaves and shit that don't get processed, LOL

And $ your argument has 1 hole in it.  You said "Taxes will be lowered".  Taxes will NEVER be lowered.  Bush did it, and they said the world would end, everybody had a heart attack.  Once they have your money, you're never getting it back, and if they made a fortune off marijuana, they'd find some reason to raise taxes anyway.  The government charges me each year for the RAIN that runs off my roof into the storm drain.  I'm not exagerating, that's what it says on the fucking bill. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 09:31:03 AM »
It wont be legalized because you can grow it yourself easily. That way nobody would make money off taxes, etc. Making quality alcohol or tabacco yourself is much harder and more expensive than growing decent pot.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 09:37:40 AM by 7even the peaceful dude »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 09:34:30 AM »
lightyears harder

Just for future reference, "Lightyears Harder" doesn't make sense.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 09:37:01 AM »
lightyears harder

Just for future reference, "Lightyears Harder" doesn't make sense.

I thought it could be used there cause you can say

lightyears ahead

which can also be taken like more advanced, or better

whatever  8) roll up a phat one and forget what just happened.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Thirteen

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 09:56:51 AM »

Yeah I read that in a book The U.S. military done it or something.

Small bit I found when I googled it:

Scientists have combined the DNA from a goat and spider to create an animal which produces silk that is five times stronger than steel. The fibre, derived from the goats' milk, harnesses the huge strength of silk spun by spiders.

The breakthrough could be worth millions because the silkmilk fibre can be used to make body armour which is far tougher than normal bullet-proof vests – while weighing little more than a cotton shirt.

The hybrid goats were created by the insertion of a single gene from an orb-weaving spider into a fertilised goat egg.

that's interesting and strange sounding.... pretty much sounds like some sci fi thing

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 10:03:44 AM »
And $ your argument has 1 hole in it.  You said "Taxes will be lowered".  Taxes will NEVER be lowered.  Bush did it, and they said the world would end, everybody had a heart attack.  Once they have your money, you're never getting it back, and if they made a fortune off marijuana, they'd find some reason to raise taxes anyway.  The government charges me each year for the RAIN that runs off my roof into the storm drain.  I'm not exagerating, that's what it says on the fucking bill. 

Any decent republican would lower taxes. If not that, we'd all get a huge federal refund. The democrats on the other hand would just use the money for welfare so the inner city folks would buy more weed or give the money to those crazy ACLU people. Or the whole process could be state regulated. Then they might actually have enough money to pay for teachers in overcrowded schools. As long as the money goes to something useful instead of all the retarded programs they create just to milk money out of the taxpayers, I wouldn't mind.

And 7even, like I said, regulate what people do with it. The government could make it illegal to grow it, but not illegal to possess it. I'm sure more people would conform and stop growing as long as they have something to smoke and won't get busted.

WestCoasta

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 10:18:13 AM »
legal or not, shit will alwayz be rampid  8)