Author Topic: People Under The Stairs 'OST'  (Read 144 times)

Don Seer

People Under The Stairs 'OST'
« on: June 05, 2002, 09:31:31 AM »
I thought this wasn't out for a while?

Just been on a mission to Bristol and managed to pick it up.

The homie 'el eye' from Aspects happened to be behind the counter so I gotta staff discount too... sweeeeeeeeeet

i heard 90% of it on the way back.. its as consistent as their other works

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Scribe

Re: People Under The Stairs 'OST'
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2002, 04:51:17 AM »
I just picked it up, it's a very solid 3rd album, on a par with their previous albums.
"Without The Elements It's All Irrelevent" Jurassic 5

"This world better acknowledge me I'm over ambitious
Do almost anything to rob a genie for his wishes." 57th Dynasty

"We didn't give a toss about money, fame or stardom
Just about the culture, the music, slang and jargon." Blak Twang

"Freedom Is A Road Seldom Travelled By The Multitude" Public Enemy

"If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Of My Face" Zach De La Rocha

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2002, 05:07:38 AM »
I am digging around for information on this release.  Can you help me out with some information about them and why you feel they are dope.  Call me sleepin.. but I havent heard of them.  Any info.. or opinions would be dope.. I got 20 bucks to burn and if you can convince me.. Ill pick this release up too.  I aint even got Quik yet.. and if you think I should buy this first.. then I will.  Thx.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2002, 04:14:12 PM »
No.. You seem to be more into that West Coast funk sound. You'd probaby feel Dj Quik more. Unless you already heard it and dont aint feelin it too much.

People Under The Stairs. It's this black dude and this other guy.. I think he's hispanic. They're reppin Los Angeles but are straight Hip Hop. They got two other albums out, "Questions In The Forms of Answeres" and "Next Step"... Their Raps are kind of on that Positive tip... they call themselves B-boys and dont use any Keyboards in their music.

I only have one of their cd's... I think it's tight. You might like it if you're into other West Coast hip hop acts such as Jurassic 5 or Blackalicious.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2002, 05:12:24 PM »
Good lookin Crim-loc.

I agree.. but disagree in that I love new shit..
If its something that I wouldnt normally like.. and its from the West, then its a go cuz hip hop is all about expression and individuality so Imma do this.. pick up Quik and PUTS's.

Shizzle

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2002, 05:28:20 PM »
That's cool. Excuse my assumption.

Yeah, well tha only reason I didnt tell you to cop it is cuz I haven't heard it yet myself. I'm most definatly buying it with tha next 20 bucks I get. I don't have to listen to it first, cuz I know I dig their style. Only thing I can do for you is tell you to get "Questions In The Form Of Answers" cuz I've heard it and think it's good enough to recommend. Telling you to buy their new shit wouldn't be right cuz I dont even know...

Here's a link to a place where you can listen to soundclips of "Questions In Tha Form Of Answers"... the album I have... just to give you an Idea of what you're gettin before you buy it...  http://music.msn.com/Album/?album=121776 .... Let me know what you think.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee