Author Topic: New Aftermath Artist: G.A.G.E.  (Read 278 times)

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
New Aftermath Artist: G.A.G.E.
« on: August 26, 2005, 01:19:16 AM »
Aftermath Music had the pleasure of being the 1st Website to bring you an excluisve interview with the new Aftermath artist, G.A.G.E.. He told us about his past, how he signed to Aftermath and more. Check out what he had to say:

Aftermathmusic.com:
First, We'd like to congratulate you for signing to Aftermath Entertainment. So Gage, what have you been up to recently?
G.A.G.E.:
Just working my ass off day after day, hour after hour in trying to create one of the greatest first time albums of existing history; you know.....Just doing me-ha ha.
But really I'm just staying focused getting prepared for the beginning of a brand new life...

Aftermathmusic.com:
Why did you choose the name Gage
G.A.G.E.:
When I say Gage, I'm not referring to a 12 gauge shot gun. G.A.G.E. actually stands for Germantown-Ave-Gotta-Eat. That is the avenue that I made fast cash and also, the avenue that my father was killed on!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Can you give us a little info on where you grew up? And what was it like growing up there?
G.A.G.E.:
I grew up in Philadelphia, PA on Germantown Avenue. My crib was on Washington Lane, and that block was weak; So I journeyed my way around the corner to the back blocks. That's where I learned my middle name "Trouble". It was fun; I had a good childhood until my mother oded and my father was killed by a hit and run. That was when life became hard and stressful.
The days in Philly became darker and the nights became colder; I had to become a man. I must admit I starved, I was poor, and in the winter I had no heat and had no fresh clothes. I also, must admit that people said I couldn't rap; and that it would not work.
Look where I am now.......HA, HA

Aftermathmusic.com:
When did you start rapping? And what inspired you the most to pursue a career in Hip Hop?
G.A.G.E.:
I had to be about eleven years old when my rappin started out as poetry. Soon after that I put them to beats......Who would have thought that eleven years later I'd be in the store pricing an Aftermath chain.........
What Inspires Me To Rap? The tear drops that stream down a persons cheek after hearing one of my deep heart felt songs; to where you can see in their eyes that for at least one minute my words make them become me; to the point where they make my pain as if it were they're pain and my life as if it was thiers. That would mean, that I've done my job reaching them.
Another thing that inspires me to rap is the reaction I get from the people when they hear one of my club bangers. It inspires me to see them almost break their neck; from bobbing their head. That makes me realize that I gotta keep coming with those hits. I really love music as well as making it.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What is the Hip Hop scene like in Philly?
G.A.G.E.:
There is a lot of talent in Philadelphia, but very little budget floating around. Philly is hip-hop! Shit, Mothafuckas in Philly still break dance and we offer a different variety of music from Eve. To Beans and from Gage; to the Roots Band; yall see how we get down!

Aftermathmusic.com:
What are your thoughts on Dre's Aftermath? And how it stands in Hip Hop today?
G.A.G.E.:
Aftermath is a Dream Team! Aftermath is like La Unda which is a wave that can't be stopped.
The lable stands tall.... Aftermath definitely holds the title as the most powerful lable of all times... The world is Aftermath's.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Aftermath has a mighty roster that includes Eminem, The Game, 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes, Stat Quo, Eve, and newcomer Bishop Lamont. What's it like being part of this family?
G.A.G.E.:
Well to me, it's a privalege to be in the most respected family around; and to be able to get the same opportunities as Em, Game, Busta, Eve, Stat Quo, Bishop Lamont and 50 Cent - It is an honor! So you already know I'm about to take this shit to the moon!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Every album to come out of The Math has had outstanding production, especially with a talented crew that includes Focus, Mike Elizondo and Hi-Tek. How does it feel to be able to work with such a great team?
G.A.G.E.:
I haven't had the chance to work with Mike or Hi Tek. I do look forward to working with them and creating some of that "Crack Rap". Focus is my nigga; He understands me and I understand him, and you can tell that it's pure chemistry; when you hear the music.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to work with the best Hip Hop producer to do it; Dr. Dre. What goes on in your head when you think about that?
G.A.G.E.:
What goes on In my head is.....Snoop, Easy, Cube, Doc, 2 Pac, Eminim, 50 Cent, Chronic, Dogg Pound and G-Unit. I just think of greatness, and I know that Dre could take me to that level. I feel that I deserve this and I know that fucking with Dre will have me financially able to give my family and friends the life they deserve.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Did you ever think you would have the opportunity to work with such a great label in music?
G.A.G.E.:
Honestly; No! I knew I had the talent. So, I knew that one day I would get heard; if I just stuck with it. I've been through so many hardships; there had to be a reward somewhere..... You feel me?

Aftermathmusic.com:
When did the opportunity arise for getting signed to Aftermath Entertainment?
G.A.G.E.:
About five months ago....

Aftermathmusic.com:
Tell us about the process of your signing? How did it happen?
G.A.G.E.:
It was a long process. It started about two and a half years ago; when Jay Bible, a close friend of Dre's, became interested in my music. I stayed down all that time and just continued to send my music out to LA; until Jay finally received a package that he was confident enough to let the "Good Doctor" hear. From then on it went from pain, sweat, blood and tears; to a magical place where dreams actually come true.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Did any other labels try to get you on a record deal?
G.A.G.E.:
Everybody wanted me from major lables to independent lables, to drug dealers that had the money to promote me, but I turned them down. All for a dream and a wish that one day my phone would ring and it would be Aftermath telling me to pack up my shit and come help them count some of that math money. And that's exactly how it happend...

Aftermathmusic.com:
How did you feel when you first learned that Dr. Dre was interested in signing you?
G.A.G.E.:
I felt like a two ton weight was lifted off of my shoulders. Shit; I felt like a Billion Dollars...

Aftermathmusic.com:
What was it like when you first met and spoke to Dr. Dre?
G.A.G.E.:
Well me and Dre are Aquarius's. So, we clicked from the gate and even if the deal didn't go through after I met him; Dre standing in my face, telling me "my shit is hot!" would have been good enough. Dre got twenty years in the game, with a constant buzz. Nigga twenty years ago, I was just learning how to talk, eat baby food and shit like that. He's a good person; he actually saved me. Really it's just crazy; actually meeting a person I grew up listening to and watching their video's.
YO DRE, LETS GET THESE BILLIONS.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Well, now you're signed with the elite. What do you hope to bring to listeners in the future?
G.A.G.E.:
I hope to bring the listeners a story that they can relate to. I hope to bring them, not just good music but good music with moral and a message. So, yall better get your mind right and your ear to the stereo; if you know what's good for you.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Have you and Dre discussed plans for your Aftermath debut album?
G.A.G.E.:
Yes, Dre and I discussed my album and we actually have already placed three tracks for the record.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Can we expect to hear you on any upcoming mix-tapes?
G.A.G.E.:
Hell Yeah; We bout to burn the mix tape world down! You definitely should hear me on some Aftermath releases. So, if you see my name on it; I would advise you to pull ya money out and take it to the register. The Aftermath Music mixtape is coming!

Aftermathmusic.com:
What about upcoming Aftermath releases? Is it possible you'll be appearing on any of your label mates' LP's?
G.A.G.E.:
If requested; whatever the Doctor Asks of me I will put my work in. Ya know what I mean?

Aftermathmusic.com:
With a potentially successful future ahead of you, is there anything you would like to say to the fans?
G.A.G.E.:
I just want to let the fans know that if you stick with me, I promise that I will not let you down. This is like the presidential election; I may be the best candidate for the job, but without my loyal followers I am nothing. I need my fans; So, I have nothing but love for all of my supporters and trust me when I tell you; that I won't let you down. Your boy Gage got you, and will have you when nobody else will. Real Talk.
He's working with Aftermath' Focus on some new tracks for his CD and for the upcoming Aftermath Music Mixtape Vol. 2, which will be in stores soon. Be on the look out for some exclusive tracks and freestyles, news, pictures and more in the next couple of days.

(aftermathmusic.com)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 01:23:01 AM by Obsessed 'n Shit »

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

'EclipZe

Re: New Aftermath Artist: G.A.G.E.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 01:30:32 AM »
Props, never heard of this guy, any1 got audio of him?

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 01:37:23 AM »

:o

'EclipZe

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 01:43:59 AM »

well im sorry i don't check every rapper out thats alive :P

Elevz

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 02:02:09 AM »
My guess: Dre signed some unknown underground rapper whose name we don't even know yet.

8)

Dude must be talented, for Dre to sign him. Can't wait to hear some.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 02:04:34 AM »

Have u ever heard a song from him Abhshil ?

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 02:07:03 AM »

no i was jus propin the guy and i was shocked coz i never heard of this guy not that i was shocked that u never heard of him lol sry fo the mixup  :-*
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 02:09:41 AM by Abhshil »

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 02:08:41 AM »

Have u ever heard a song from him Abhshil ?

nope i haven't thats why im shocked

Elevz

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 02:24:30 AM »
I wonder if this is the same guy as the Gage who appeared on the Scary Movie 3 soundtrack back in 2003. There's a snippet to his song "Who u lookin' at" up at amazon.com, peep this!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B0000ZMGSY001010/0/103-1520369-1143852

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 02:31:49 AM »

'EclipZe

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 02:43:37 AM »

no i was jus propin the guy and i was shocked coz i never heard of this guy not that i was shocked that u never heard of him lol sry fo the mixup  :-*

o LOL, thought already :P

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 03:33:49 AM »
props for the interview, even though i dont know who tha hell he is at the moment... dope name though for what it stands for..

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 03:52:29 AM »
dope interview thanx!
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program