Author Topic: A very 'English' review of the Eminem Show  (Read 224 times)

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
A very 'English' review of the Eminem Show
« on: June 04, 2002, 05:36:28 AM »
sorry about another eminem topic and all that but its just got reviewed in a very upperclass english newspaper that i saw and it pissed me off
it read like this
The Eminem Show   1/5
'For a man whos sold over 13 million albums Eminem is awfully angry. "I would neva diss my own momma just to get recognition" he squeaks on a song that disses his own momma. In fact anyone was has dared to cross him receives a blast in that curiously camp voice, while his sonic tics (what the fuck?) -pizzicato , nursery-rhyme keyboard motifs are well past their sell by date. Rail though he might against bithches and judges, or sneer at Aids victims, or roll out his daughter for some dewy eyed sentiment, he sounds like someone who has run out of significance. He will get the column inches and the sales figures, but only because he is a showbiz turn, a petulent puppet we allow out of the box for amusement and shock value. But the joke is wearing thin, and this 77 minute hissy fit isnt shocking, just monumentally tedious.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: A very 'English' review of the Eminem Show
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2002, 05:44:21 AM »
I wouldn't worry about it, i'm sure this guy isn't a very big hip-hop fan, period, so I wouldn't expect him to praise Em.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Hittman

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2002, 05:52:37 AM »
Funny, Cos The Daily Mail Gave It 5 Stars.

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2002, 05:59:13 AM »
Funny, Cos The Daily Mail Gave It 5 Stars.

lol ;D

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2002, 09:24:16 AM »
man one goes it wernt that gud cuz his runnin out of shockin shit to say....(tryna say thats all his good for) and that its missin songs like 'the real slim shady' on it!!! i mean talk about lack of knowledge......ems out here to prove his a mc and they dont have a fuckin clue when they review shit

pisses me off

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2002, 11:41:24 AM »
I don't know why it pisses u off, cos u gotta understand that a lot of people found him shocking at first, but now the joke is over and he just mixes with the crowd and isn't nothing special no more. but to his fans he remains on top, and the joke lives on ok?

just accept that a few ppl are board with him, we know what Em is out to proove, but to others he is still tryna make the same crowd laugh with the same joke 2 years later.

it doesn't piss me off, just don't let it bother u, although an album shud not be rated in terms of the content, but on the quality of the lyrics and the production, on that sclae i wud guess at a 3.5/5 for this album.

Jome

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2002, 12:12:44 PM »
sorry about another eminem topic and all that but its just got reviewed in a very upperclass english newspaper that i saw and it pissed me off
it read like this
The Eminem Show   1/5
'For a man whos sold over 13 million albums Eminem is awfully angry. "I would neva diss my own momma just to get recognition" he squeaks on a song that disses his own momma. In fact anyone was has dared to cross him receives a blast in that curiously camp voice, while his sonic tics (what the fuck?) -pizzicato , nursery-rhyme keyboard motifs are well past their sell by date. Rail though he might against bithches and judges, or sneer at Aids victims, or roll out his daughter for some dewy eyed sentiment, he sounds like someone who has run out of significance. He will get the column inches and the sales figures, but only because he is a showbiz turn, a petulent puppet we allow out of the box for amusement and shock value. But the joke is wearing thin, and this 77 minute hissy fit isnt shocking, just monumentally tedious.

I bet that moron only wanted to finish the review so he could start on his 2 page Ronan Keating review.

KVB

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2002, 12:00:22 AM »

The Eminem Show   1/5

I disagree, but at the same time I respect other people's opinions... however, I think I can safely proclaim that this dude's hip-hop knowledge is very restricted, without offending anyone.

Pz

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2002, 12:23:43 AM »

however, I think I can safely proclaim that this dude's hip-hop knowledge is very restricted, without offending anyone.

Yup, I mean this guy didn't speak on anything like his rhymes skills - wordplay/flow etc, these things are important factors within hip-hop records and he missed them all.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.