Author Topic: Xzibit officially released from Sony/Columbia....  (Read 557 times)

shifter

• 'G'
Xzibit officially released from Sony/Columbia....
« on: September 02, 2005, 08:50:01 AM »
Jacked from Loc Dog 7 at the Ill Community forum- good news.

It's been years since there were offers to get Xzibit released from Sony/Columbia, and as of 2005, Xzibit still had commitments to deal with regarding the label. This has changed, since Sony/Columbia finally fulfilled Xzibit's request to be released from the label. The papers were signed last month, and Xzibit made this news official via his message board at the Sony Website.

So he's officially a free agent, and nothing has been announced to where he's gonna end up, but for years, everyone hoped he'd end up on Interscope with either Aftermath, Shady, or both together. This still holds true today as everyone hopes that's where he'll end up.

Yesterday he made a post under his official username (which was confirmed by an interview made a couple of months ago) saying that he's been waiting for this moment for a long time, it's finally happened, and he's excited as ever. He said in the coming months, he will make frugal business and musical decisions, which will lead up to his sixth album, and has high hopes that this album will be it, "his masterpiece".

If requested, I'll put up the post he made, but from what he said, he's so excited to get back to the studio. As you know, nothing but cameras have been in his face in the last year, and he said he's ecstatic to get back to doing what he loves, what he lives for, and what drives him, his music. He said he's been through some crazy shit as of late, and has a lot to say. Lyrically, he's gonna rise to levels he's never been before, and it will all show on his next project. He really had no freedom on that label to do what he wanted. Now he'll finally get to deliver what he's been dying to deliver.

Since we're on the IC, I know there are dozens of Xzibit haters, as well as fans, just like with any other artist. But at least this topic has nothing to do with the VMA's, the aftermath, record sales, or Tony Yayo's supposed flop .

Now, I thought "Weapons of Mass Destruction" was great in terms of his growth lyrically, and subject matter-wise. The production was good as well, though some may disagree (which a lot consider the only bad part about the album, as well as guest appearances). But the latter obviously seems like the victim of the lack of money put in that album. There was obviously no Dre, and a lot of up-and-coming producers in terms of hits. I think his next album is gonna be amazing, especially if he works with Dre.

www.xzibitcentral.com will have an exclusive interview with Xzibit in the coming weeks.

Thoughts? Even haters are welcome, though I hope they don't bombard this topic
Young Buck - Black Gloves

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Xzibit officially released from Sony/Columbia....
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 09:17:24 AM »
Dunno if I'd like for him to sign with Interscope or not, but then again I think the music is the important thing, let them worry about their own business.

On his last album the production was certainly the weak point. Jelly Roll has delivered some heat in the past, but the tracks he's done for X, especially on Weapons of Mass Destruction, were simply horrible to my ear. In fact, the beats are the reason I've given that album so little attention - I want the whole package: the beats and the rhymes. If either lacks, it's just hard to listen to the shit. The beats on X's last effort just pushed me away from the album.

Cool he's coming up with more music though. Hope he gets beats that match his skill this time, not just a couple hot joints like last time.

Don Crisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Palm Trees & G's
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 09:21:22 AM »
That's good news, I (still) like Xzibit...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 09:23:39 AM by Don Crisis »

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 09:27:02 AM »
I actually though Weapons of Mass Destruction was pretty good. The only downside to the CD were some of the guest appearances.

This news has me more excited about his next release.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 09:29:37 AM »
Xzibit is like one of the few artists that actually makes good music wit the Aftermath/Shady camp.So if he signs there I'll be happy as hell.But anyways,Im just waiting on his sixth album & hoping it will be "his masterpiece" that X stated it would be.

shifter

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 09:35:08 AM »
Part of me would love to have him at Aftermath/ Shady, but given the time that it takes to release records, maybe he's better off elsewhere- next year will be Detox, Stat, Eve, Obie (?)- he'd be at the back of a long line.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 09:46:06 AM »
I loved Xzibit's style the best before he met Dre & Snoop & did Bitch Please,but to me Restless was his best album & I'd just love to see a part 2 of that album on either or both Aftermath/Shady.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 09:49:58 AM »
Jacked from Loc Dog 7 at the Ill Community forum- good news.

He really had no freedom on that label to do what he wanted. Now he'll finally get to deliver what he's been dying to deliver.

if he thinks hell have more freedom on aftermath....

btw i thought womd wasnt really commercial or label orientated.except for the single his songs were pretty much xzibit at his best.but hey thats just my opinion

IzUwitIt

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 10:15:12 AM »
Aftermath and just Aftermath is what id like to see. Dont want any Shady affiliation with D12 collabos all over his next LP.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 10:19:51 AM »
Aftermath and just Aftermath is what id like to see. Dont want any Shady affiliation with D12 collabos all over his next LP.
Yeah I dont wanna see guest features from rappers on Shady but I do wanna see some production from Em,I mean him & X always had tight tracks together,even Kon Artis produced great tracks for X.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 10:56:57 AM by UKnowWhatItIs »

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 10:32:58 AM »
I wouldnt mind x signin 2 either atermath or shady coz kon artis can produce, the track he produce on womd was tight, i think its called ride or die. He did multiply aswell. Him, dre and eminem work well with x so i think he should sign there

1980DRE

• 'G'
  • Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 11:11:49 AM »
it'll be cool to see him sign with aftermath, but i do NOT wanna see him become another g-unit soldier....

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 11:26:58 AM »
it'll be cool to see him sign with aftermath, but i do NOT wanna see him become another g-unit soldier....

I doubt that he would even b a g-unot soldier

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 11:30:08 AM »
I'd like to see him on Aftermath, but I also like seeing him release an album every 2 years. On Aftermath an album would likely take ages or end up getting scrapped.

rik

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005, 11:38:44 AM »
i just want to see X sign to a label that is going to promote him the right way and give him creative freedom