Author Topic: My new favorite band/guilty pleasure  (Read 272 times)

davida.b.

My new favorite band/guilty pleasure
« on: September 05, 2005, 10:59:13 PM »
It's probably pretty obvious. Look at my sig.

Don Breezio

Re: My new favorite band/guilty pleasure
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 11:15:10 PM »
this is your new favorite band? did you just hear them for the first time or something?

i haven't listened to korn in like 4 years....kinda miss some of there stuff though....i used to blast that shit

conscious thug

• 'G'
  • CEO of Handsonium Institute
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 11:56:01 PM »
anybody ever listen to Apocalyptica?  They're a band outta Norway, I think...plays Hard Rockin shit (Metallica, Pantera, Sepultura, Faith No More) on Cellos.  I have a live dvd of their German concert, and it's fucking awesome.

They're just rocking out, headbanging while playing a damn cello!
"If he don't walk through the front door, I don't play here."

-- Frank Sinatra

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
My new favorite band/guilty pleasure
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 12:05:26 AM »
ive been a korn fan for years

i dont listen to them as much as i used to, but i used to really enjoy their music

Untouchables is my fav album (most people think its their worse) cause it kinda strays away from the 'traditional' korn sound while still remaining.......well.........korn!

am looking forward to the new album though

lately, ive been listening to a lot of Opeth. theyre a band out of sweden
anyone else a fan??
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 12:22:47 AM »
anybody ever listen to Apocalyptica?  They're a band outta Norway, I think...plays Hard Rockin shit (Metallica, Pantera, Sepultura, Faith No More) on Cellos.  I have a live dvd of their German concert, and it's fucking awesome.

They're just rocking out, headbanging while playing a damn cello!

Yeah, no doubt. I dig that shit, and I don't think they're from Norway. I think they're from Iceland or Finland, i'll have to double check on that. I saw the "Nothing else matters" cover video on IMF
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 12:33:20 AM »

Yer i remember when i used to listen to Korn.

I was really disappointed not seeing their tour back in 1999, wouldn't bother with them now though. I only really like their first two albums and FTL was okay but i pretty much lost interest after that was released
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

conscious thug

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 01:06:38 AM »
in my own humble opinion, I believe that Apocalyptica's Nothing Else Matters is superior to the ORIGINAL!!!!  Imagine that!

especially the live version on the DVD I have...you can hear the audience singing along to the words from Metallica's version, as they play their cellos.  Just awesome.

You should get the dvd on Ebay.  Just make sure you have an Xbox to play it, because it's a region 5 or something.  They have all their videos on there as well.  Including a live video of footage of them at some festival with Metallica, as they play Little Drummer Boy (yes, THAT little drummer boy)

-- Frank Sinatra

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 01:09:05 AM »
man, i'd love to see that, but i have about 100 things on my list to buy before Apocalyptica's DVD. I've seen their videos though, they're ill
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

conscious thug

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 01:11:45 AM »
hit me up with your email in my inbox on this thing, and I'll send you the live version of that track...it's damn cool

-- Frank Sinatra

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 10:54:05 AM »
oooh i like this topic

korn-haha from my hometown, i used to listen to them ALOT back in the day but i havn't in a while because they've become to repeatative and just try to get "harder" instead of better. oh yeah they're fucked now, losing brian was a big loss since he was the best muscian out of them all, and was the steering the band into more melodic territories.....REALLY cool guy btw, he goes to this church out here called Valley Bible, dude is humble he invites everyone to his new crib and has all these homes all over bako that he has homeless people in ...cool dude

Apocalyptica- friggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggin awesome, not as good as metallica but the best cover band that i've heard.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 11:07:23 AM »
Apocalyptica is very interesting music, Korn is ok, but i never got into it and they´re slightly overrated IMO

Doggystylin

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 11:11:21 AM »
oooh i like this topic

korn-haha from my hometown, i used to listen to them ALOT back in the day but i havn't in a while because they've become to repeatative and just try to get "harder" instead of better. oh yeah they're fucked now, losing brian was a big loss since he was the best muscian out of them all, and was the steering the band into more melodic territories.....REALLY cool guy btw, he goes to this church out here called Valley Bible, dude is humble he invites everyone to his new crib and has all these homes all over bako that he has homeless people in ...cool dude

Apocalyptica- friggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggin awesome, not as good as metallica but the best cover band that i've heard.

thats cool, you seen him or talked to him?

anyways yeah i used to listen to korn back in 8th-9th grade

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 01:18:41 PM »
oooh i like this topic

thats cool, you seen him or talked to him?

anyways yeah i used to listen to korn back in 8th-9th grade

yeah both , but it's not like it's where if i saw him at the Valley Plaza he'd be all "hey jake what's up" i dunno he might but i doubt it but yeah it was at church and it was like 20 kids there and he was jsut talkin about music and shit

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Bored to Death

• Lil Geezy
  • watch out hot sex
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 03:13:39 PM »
It's probably pretty obvious. Look at my sig.
they are not as good as they use to be....

Suga Foot

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 03:25:19 PM »
I just listened to 2 of my Korn albums the other day, it was my first time in like 3-4 years.