Author Topic: Michael Jackson Writes Song for Katrina Victims  (Read 343 times)

Sikotic™

Michael Jackson Writes Song for Katrina Victims
« on: September 07, 2005, 12:28:11 PM »
http://thecelebritycafe.com/features/3783.html

7-Sep-2005
Written by: Jaimie E. Gusman

Michael Jackson is writing a song for the hurricane Katrina victims, and has invited other artists to sing with him in this upcoming single.

Pop icon Michael Jackson, 47, has written a song for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. His spokeswoman Raymone Bain said on Tuesday that he hopes to record the song with other top artists and release it as a charity single.

Jackson, who previously raised more than $60 million for African famine relief with a campaign built around his anthem "We Are the World," was moved by the images of destruction that he saw on television, publicist Raymone Bain said.

Jackson said in a written statement, "It pains me to watch the human suffering taking place in the Gulf region of my country. My heart and prayers go out to every individual who has had to endure the pain and suffering caused by this tragedy."

He also added that he will be “reaching out to others within the music industry to join me in helping bring relief and hope to these resilient people who have lost everything.”

Bain said Jackson that the song has been tentatively titled, "From the Bottom of My Heart," and he planned to record it within two weeks after enlisting other top performers.

"In the next 24 hours he will be personally reaching out to all of the artists to ask them to join him in this project," Bain said, adding that none of the artists could be named yet.

The "King of Pop" left his Neverland Valley Ranch in California for Bahrain after his acquittal on child molestation charges in June. Bain said he would return to the United States to work on the new single.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Bomb-A®

Re: Michael Jackson Writes Song for Katrina Victims
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 08:51:24 AM »
wow this is big news....how come no1 is interested in this....he should just make it a solo...fuck other artists

peace

UAK

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 10:36:12 AM »
wow this is big news....how come no1 is interested in this....he should just make it a solo...fuck other artists

Who wants to sing with a child molester besides R Kelly  :)

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 10:51:50 AM »

peace

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 12:05:34 PM »
ikm so tired i dont know wat to comment about this :-\

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 12:08:52 PM »
lol be funny song
can imagine him opening with the line...
If only Katrina blew as strong as me, your kids would be fine
  :P

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 12:21:33 PM »
Good on Michael for trying to help.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 01:56:14 PM »

peace

Because it's more publicity than charity. Same goes for all the other celebs that publicly donate. Charity is supposed to be private. And because it doesn't matter how much these celebs are donating. The real money is going to come from the government. Any celeb that donates and brags about it is just trying to create an kind image.

I have much more respect for the celebs actually there helping in person. It really helps the morale of the victims.

I also have a lot of respect for the people giving private donations. Something I'm sure there is a lot more of than we think. A lot of people got on Mel Gibson's case for making all that cash off of Jesus, but who knows how much he has donated to charity. If he is as much a Christian as he claims then you'd never know because "when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. (Matthew 6:3).

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 11:54:20 AM »

peace

Because it's more publicity than charity. Same goes for all the other celebs that publicly donate. Charity is supposed to be private. And because it doesn't matter how much these celebs are donating. The real money is going to come from the government. Any celeb that donates and brags about it is just trying to create an kind image.

I have much more respect for the celebs actually there helping in person. It really helps the morale of the victims.

I also have a lot of respect for the people giving private donations. Something I'm sure there is a lot more of than we think. A lot of people got on Mel Gibson's case for making all that cash off of Jesus, but who knows how much he has donated to charity. If he is as much a Christian as he claims then you'd never know because "when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. (Matthew 6:3).

It doesnt say he is donating it says he is raising money through a charity song, so it will be the people who buy the cd that will be donating.

U can guarentee that Michael Jackson has given a lot more to charity and helped ill people a lot more than mel gibson or nearly any other celeb.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

g unot

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 12:50:27 PM »
the king is back  8)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 12:56:38 PM »

peace

It doesnt say he is donating it says he is raising money through a charity song, so it will be the people who buy the cd that will be donating.

U can guarentee that Michael Jackson has given a lot more to charity and helped ill people a lot more than mel gibson or nearly any other celeb.

How do you know that? I know for a fact that Bill Gates has donated more money than MJ has ever made. My point about Mel isn't that he does donate, it's that if he did and he's the Christian he claims to be then you wouldn't know about it. Mel made over 200 million cash for Passion. Who knows how much if any he has donated.

Anyway, who cares. This is jut another way for Michael to try and get his clean image back. Kuwait is donating 500 mil, and the US is going to pour in billions. What the fuck is a few mil from MJ's song? I'll tell you. It's a nice way for MJ to look good.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 03:13:18 PM »

peace

Damn you're cynical. Belive it or not, there are some people who genuinely want to help others.

How do you know that? I know for a fact that Bill Gates has donated more money than MJ has ever made. My point about Mel isn't that he does donate, it's that if he did and he's the Christian he claims to be then you wouldn't know about it. Mel made over 200 million cash for Passion. Who knows how much if any he has donated.

Anyway, who cares. This is jut another way for Michael to try and get his clean image back. Kuwait is donating 500 mil, and the US is going to pour in billions. What the fuck is a few mil from MJ's song? I'll tell you. It's a nice way for MJ to look good.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Bomb-A®

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2005, 08:25:16 AM »

peace

i dont care if he gives it to charity....im excited to her new music from michael jackson....fuck charity....the american govt has got all the mony it needs...they rather spend it on weapons

peace

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2005, 09:05:25 AM »

peace

Damn you're cynical. Belive it or not, there are some people who genuinely want to help others.

Then why do they have to be on TV and in the News when they do it? It's one thing to go down to New Orleans and give the victims some self esteem. It's another to say; "hey look at me, I'm donating money (that I'd usually just lose to taxes anyway)". They could do that in provate. If I'm a victim of Katrina all I need to know is that I'll be taken care of. I don't care if Spielberg or Diddy are the ones donating.

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005, 11:31:29 PM »