Author Topic: Reasons Why Lil Jay should let Quik know his Album has Been Leaked  (Read 495 times)

southcentralLA

• Muthafuckin' OG
Reasons Why Lil Jay should let Quik know his Album has Been Leaked
« on: September 09, 2005, 08:48:30 AM »
!. Quik put  a lot of work into this album and he wanted it to be unheard until Sept. 13th

2 He will respect you alot more for letting him know because if he finds out you knew and didn't tell him he will probably
be more pissed at you for that and then no more interviews, you know how Quik is.....

3 Shit knowin Quik he probably got some more tracks that he wasn't going to use that now he may throw on it, or maybe he might have some old shit he would throw on it that are most likely tight cause Quik shit is always on point

4. Maybe he has a DVd he could package with it or some type of tracks he could add and make it a collectors item or autograph certain amount of them to make it a collectors  item, man you could run all this shit by him to not make him be disappointed but make it look like something positive could be done about it......As a die hard Quik fan man please just be straight up with him and let him know

5. By the way the interview was nice really in depth you did a good job....

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Reasons Why Lil Jay should let Quik know his Album has Been Leaked
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 08:57:23 AM »
I agree.

southcentralLA

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 09:05:42 AM »
^^^ Good lookin man as a die hard Quik fan and upcoming producer myself I know that I would want to know some information like this even if it crushed me just let me know so I can do something about it, also I forgot to mention since he probably ain't on the internet like that he has no clue.......By the way I haven't downloaded any of it cause as a true fan I am going to Best Buy, Tower and coppin my shit the day it drops

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 09:06:09 AM »
!. Quik put  a lot of work into this album and he wanted it to be unheard until Sept. 13th

2 He will respect you alot more for letting him know because if he finds out you knew and didn't tell him he will probably
be more pissed at you for that and then no more interviews, you know how Quik is.....

3 Shit knowin Quik he probably got some more tracks that he wasn't going to use that now he may throw on it, or maybe he might have some old shit he would throw on it that are most likely tight cause Quik shit is always on point

4. Maybe he has a DVd he could package with it or some type of tracks he could add and make it a collectors item or autograph certain amount of them to make it a collectors  item, man you could run all this shit by him to not make him be disappointed but make it look like something positive could be done about it......As a die hard Quik fan man please just be straight up with him and let him know

Dude... it's already pressed and ready for release. Quik can't change it anymore.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 09:10:08 AM »
Dude... it's already pressed and ready for release. Quik can't change it anymore.

bootlegged or not....this album is not gonna sell....although i did feel jay shoulda told....maybe he did "off the record"

peace

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 09:22:04 AM »

bootlegged or not....this album is not gonna sell....although i did feel jay shoulda told....maybe he did "off the record"

i told his people after the interview so im sure Quik knows about it by now
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 09:25:13 AM »

Yup....

Amazon.com has already shipped my copy. I haven't received it yet tho.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 09:25:40 AM »
ppl who really got love for quik will buy it either way, so will people who really love this album and have the money. it's not like everyone that downloads it isnt going to buy it, and it's not like everyone that downloads it would have even thought about buying it if it wasnt for the internet.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 11:29:51 AM »

i told his people after the interview so im sure Quik knows about it by now

I spoke to Quik's camp last week and I mentioned it to them. Quik knows, but he probably isn't making a big deal about it.

Diabolical

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 01:25:12 PM »
Its not like it can be prevented nowadays its just something that happpens.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 02:12:43 PM »
Its not like it can be prevented nowadays its just something that happpens.

Yeah, it happens to EVERY single record nowadays. I don't think it's been an album since 99 that hasn't been leaked early, so he probably already knows that would happen. But it does have a few positives...it gets some buzz out because then people are like "Damn....Quik REALLY does have an album comin out" because if it didn't get leaked, they might not believe it's really droppin. Then the fact that it is a good album, people will be talkin about how good it is before it even drops so people who are Quik fans will buy it soon as they see it.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 04:15:53 PM »
man Lil Kim's album hasnt leaked and today is the 9th. Its supposed to be out on the 13th. I would expect that to leak early but it hasnt, especially now that it got 5 mics in The Source

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 05:05:30 PM »
lol who cares about lil kim...

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 11:38:04 PM »
Sad thing about it is that this album will never sell. Too little, too late on the promotion side and to not even have a video in rotation is not gonna help. Like I said I havent heard this album yet but from what Im hearin' Quik deserves platinum plus with this album.

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm no longer a supporter of westcoast rap...
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005, 01:51:48 AM »

yup... if the retail version hits the net... you can't change it no more... it's already pressed