Author Topic: Stop Snitchin': Lil Troy Fingers Scarface As The 'Real Snitch'  (Read 697 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Stop Snitchin': Lil Troy Fingers Scarface As The 'Real Snitch'
« on: September 09, 2005, 10:41:52 PM »
Excuse the French but there are three things that you just can't call a grown ass man. A.) faggot. B.) bitch. C.) snitch. That third name is easily at the bottom of the totem pole of insults to manhood. Liars can be forgiven when they tell the truth, thieves can make amends by replacing the stolen goods. But snitching has never been accepted. Just look at how "tattle-tells" were shunned in elementary school.

Houston producer Troy "Lil Troy" Birklett is suffering from the repercussions of being called a snitch. Known for his 1999 hit "Wanna Be A Baller" from his platinum-selling record Sittin' Fat Down South, Birklett was accused of committing this cardinal sin by rap godfather Brad "Scarface" Jordan on his song "G-Code" that appears on the Geto Boys' The Foundation album. Scarface is quoted as saying:

"Right here the truth revealed/ Troy you a mouse/Yeah you rappin/but the homey Lil Pots can't get out."

'Face's comments stem from Birklett's 1999 conviction in which he was found guilty of using of a communications device to commit a felony. The conviction came after Birklett was caught driving with three kilos of cocaine. Birklett served less than two years behind bars over the incident, prompting the Houston streets to assume that he snitched to police in exchange for less time.

Frustrated after years of ridicule 'Face's recording pushed Troy no other alternative other than to fight fire with fire. On September 20, 2005, Troy plans to release a DVD, Paperwork, which he claims will show that it is in fact 'Face who violated the G-Code. The DVD revolves around an affidavit that Troy says proves Scarface worked with federal agents to arrest and convict George Washington Simmons. According to the document 'Face, who is referred to as Brad Jordan, introduced Simmons as his cocaine supplier to the agents who were to take part in a deal involving 20 pounds of marijuana and 20 pounds of cocaine.

To counter Troy's claims, Simmons, who is currently serving a 240 month sentence, released a letter from prison stating that Jordan had nothing to do with his conviction. He claims that it was his cousin/partner Byron Keith Harris' ill advised decision to do business with the eventual undercover agent that led to both of their arrests.

In this exclusive SOHHcom feature, Lil' Troy speaks on the details in the DVD and the real reason why he's releasing it. After many attempts, Scarface could not be reached for comment.

SOHH.com: For you to invest your time, energy and money into this project there has to be come kind of beef involved, so tell us what happened.

Lil' Troy: The beef stems from 1989. Face was signed with me in 1989. We put out "Scarface", the song that he got big off at Rap-A-Lot.

After he put out the song, Lil' J [Rap-A-Lot CEO James Prince] wanted 'Face to become the new Geto Boy. 'Face became the new Geto Boy and they recorded the same song and put it out again. I ain't never signed nothing saying they could do it - they just took the song and put it out again. During that time, I'm making so much money in the streets, I'm not worried about them having the song. They got big from it and everybody got to know who the Geto Boys was from [that song].

SOHH.com: What happened between 1989 and now, why wait so long to speak out?

Lil' Troy: I was making too much money in the streets at that particular time to be worried about it. But then Scarface turns around and sues me for the same song in 2000. I put that song on my album Sitting Fat Down South when I went with Universal and went platinum. He turned around and sued me for using the same song that we did back in 1989. He sued me for half-million dollars. I settled with him out of court for $220,000 when I was in the federal penitentiary.

SOHH.com: Why use a song that was 11 years old at the time?

I was just letting people know I wasn't no new jack. I been putting out music since back in the day. The "Wanna Be A Baller" song is what sold my album, so he wasn't entitled to trying to rape me for half-million dollars.

SOHH.com: Why would Scarface sue you?

I guess he needed some money to pay some bitch car note or buy a condo, didn't want his wife to know that he had a bitch on the side. Then think about it he ain't sold a bunch of records in a long time, he only went platinum once and the GB be barely going gold and when you split the money between three people and producers you ain't made no money -- you got a name. He just a name right now he ain't paid like 50, Jay-Z and the other boys that's been doing all these years like him. He not paid at all. The Foundation album when he talking about me on the "G-Code" barely went gold, if it went gold.

SOHH.com: Over all these years, we never heard about anything happening between you and Rap-A-Lot, is there something else we don't know?

The dudes at RAL would see me doing my thing putting out music, it was no problem we ain't have no real beef, wasn't no beef in the streets with us. I would go to they compound where they at and hang out with them, we'd go to each other shows. Until I put the song on my album, then they sued me. That's when it became a problem. Then they made a song about me.

[We was cool] Scarface used to live with my mama. She used to feed him and wash his clothes and everything. My mom is on the DVD talking about him living with her and how I wouldn't come home for 2-3 days at a time because I was out hustling getting this music together.

SOHH.com: Tell us about the DVD -- you are accusing Scarface of being a snitch.

I didn't make any accusation of Scarface violating the G-code, I got proof that Scarface violated the G-code and talked to the police at his house and introduced two people [Byron Keith Harris and George Washington Simmons] to the laws who went to jail and did time. I got one of the guys [Harris] interviewed on my DVD that did the time and he brought me this affidavit where Scarface name is mentioned on all four pages of the affidavit. There is no way in the world Scarface name should be in nobody's affidavit that is selling some dope and going to jail and he don't go to jail [himself].

SOHH.com: Why do you feel the need to release a DVD about this?

Because he made a song about me, he capitalized and it's about making money. Milk is five dollars and gas is three dollars a gallon so it's about selling records and making money. He done took food off my table by suing me for $220,000. Then he turned around and made a song about me and capitalized off selling records. And he stopped a lot of my shows, a lot of promoters wouldn't book me no more because Scarface called me a name, I couldn't make no money, he hurt my money for a minute. So why not hurt his pockets and capitalize at the same time? It's all about selling records or that's what they tell me its about. So that's what we gonna do, but at the same time I'm gonna expose the real. To all ya'll G's and rappers out there Mr. Scarface is a fucking snitch. No one wants to hear this about Scarface, I didn't either. I didn't ask for this information, [Harris] brought it to me. He used to hang with my little brother Micheal Jermaine. My brother got two life sentences, he a gangster for real. He used to kidnap niggas back in the day. 'Face didn't want to go out and hang with my little brother in 88-89.

SOHH.com: Why would Scarface call you a snitch?

I caught a fed case in 1999, and since I didn't get a bunch of time everybody started saying I was snitching. Well show me the paperwork if I did anything to anybody. I did my time. If I snitched on anybody I would not have done any time. You would have heard a lot of hype about Lil Troy. Instead I was in the feds looking at my video on BET and MTV. I did 10 months in prison and six in the halfway house.

"SOHH.com: What did you get charged with?

I got charged with a telephone call. I got caught with three kilos of cocaine but they couldn't pin it on me because it was an illegal search. The District Attorney made me a proposition. He said: "You want to take this telephone count, because if you don't the judge gonna dismiss the case and I'm gonna file a second appeal, bring you back up and charge you on your third felony and I'm gonna give you a life sentence. So you can either plead guilty to this and not use your life, or dismiss it.

The use of a communication device carries a maximum sentence of 4 years so I'm like fuck it lets do it. That's what these cake ass niggas don't know, what kind of case I had. They start you at 18 months but if you do good it goes down to 10 months and you go in the halfway house for six months. Those cake ass niggas don't know how the law goes. You can look up and see how much time it carries.

I got 'Face mad. Matter of fact I got on my DVD where Scarface is at a concert reading from a federal guideline handbook about me. What the hell you doing at a rap concert reading a federal guideline handbook? You supposed to be rapping to the people. He know he done fucked up. At least I did some time. If I did snitch on somebody I did some time. Scarface snitched and didn't do no time.

SOHH.com: Rap-A-Lot has released a letter from George Washington Simmons, who is presently incarcerated, exonerating Scarface from the ordeal.

That bullshit! I got that letter and sent it to my people. How Simmons gonna say 'Face ain't got nothing to do with it, when 'Face introduced you to the laws. He said 'Face ain't testify and didn't have nothing to do with it but the affidavit said that 'Face introduced him to the laws as his cocaine suppler at 'Face house. In the affidavit it say big as day that Simmons sent Harris to meet the laws twice. You gonna let a bullshit letter come from Rap A Lot to deter ya'll about something? I know you don't what to hear this, I hate it too. But we got to expose him.

SOHH.com: Why should people believe you?

I ain't say to believe me. I'm giving you some public information. Don't believe Lil Troy, I can lie. But believe the court system. I ain't did no writing. I gave you actual facts, court documents and case numbers. Days and times of what they put out. I didn't change it. I gave it the way they put it out. Go look up that case number and see if it's real or not.

Scarface ratted on some people. Once this comes out watch how many other people that Scarface done hooked up with the laws [speak out] wondering how the hell they got busted so quick. 'Face did it -- he was working with them folks.

SOHH.com: Did you know of any of this before Harris gave you the affidavit?

I knew this happened because I was in the feds with Simmons. We worked in the kitchen. He used to bring me Frosted Flakes all the time. He always told me 'Face ain't right, but he never showed nobody any paper work. In the penitentiary you can say what you want to say, but if you don't show paper work they ain't gonna worry about it. But 'Face got Simmons a lawyer, he looked out for him. So quite naturally he ain't gonna go against 'Face then, but they forgot to look out for Harris who was the runner.

SOHH.com: Ultimately, what are you looking to do with the release of this information? What do you want to see happen?

I'm looking for money. He owes me $300k for suing me back in the day. He ain't have to do that I need my money back. So I'm doing him like he did me. And I'm suing him for slander and defamation of character. I got proof that he running around talking about me on stage. It's time for me to get paid. They didn't get Harris no lawyer, they didn't look out for him, he needs to be compensated too. If 'Face would have took care of him he probably wouldn't have brought me those papers. Scarface ain't no real G. That why he don't now the code to these streets that says make sure you take care of the people that you fucking with.

Scarface didn't have to sell no dope in '99. Face and RAL was doing they thing. He had money then. He just wanted to act like he was a street mutha fucka -- he was nothing. I watched him grow up, he never did nothing. I'm gonna break the world's heart. We don't want him doing anymore gangsta rap. We want him doing Gospel rap that's going to uplift he community.

Lil Troy's "Paperwork DVD" can be purchased starting on September 20th at Liltroy.com.

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/7521
http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/7521/2

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Re: Stop Snitchin': Lil Troy Fingers Scarface As The 'Real Snitch'
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 12:33:33 AM »
Interesting. Good read. Thx
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 01:35:29 AM »
...Birklett was caught driving with three kilos of cocaine. Birklett served less than two years behind bars over the incident, prompting the Houston streets to assume that he snitched to police in exchange for less time.

no doubt about it, 3 kilos!  :o you would never get less than 2 years, especially this guy  ::)  :laugh:

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 01:45:56 AM »
interesting stuff

ABN

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 03:23:20 AM »
J will have this clown regretting that he ever opened his mouth.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 01:37:30 PM »
...Birklett was caught driving with three kilos of cocaine. Birklett served less than two years behind bars over the incident, prompting the Houston streets to assume that he snitched to police in exchange for less time.

no doubt about it, 3 kilos!  :o you would never get less than 2 years, especially this guy  ::)  :laugh:

True but like dood said, they did an illegal search so he could have appealed and shit would have gone on for ever. So they made him a deal to charge him with the phone case. Well that's what he claims and it makes sense. I hear about shit like that all the time in the streets.

But what is weird is he keeps saying "he did some time" and that if he snitched he wouldn't have done time, which is absolute bullshit.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 04:49:08 PM »
To counter Troy's claims, Simmons, who is currently serving a 240 month sentence, released a letter from prison stating that Jordan had nothing to do with his conviction. He claims that it was his cousin/partner Byron Keith Harris' ill advised decision to do business with the eventual undercover agent that led to both of their arrests.

lol
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008