Author Topic: Three Six Mafia Appreciation Thread  (Read 432 times)

J Bananas

Three Six Mafia Appreciation Thread
« on: September 11, 2005, 11:06:04 AM »
I know a lot of you probably think it's garbage south shit but these guys are really on a different level. They don't pay any attention to whats marketable they just write songs that they think are cool. A lot of the stuff is so outlandish "Gang Sign" "I'm So High" that you cant help but bump it. Juicy jays production is aso pretty unique, not like a lot of other southern stuff, he's one of the few that really utilizes sampling to the fullest. On the whole, they some creative, underrated muthafuckas.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Three Six Mafia Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 11:09:09 AM »
The raps suck but the beats definately recoup them. I'm not the biggest fan of Three 6, but they got some skill. Crunchy Black must have done some gangsta shit in the past to get on records though. I can't imagine the others in the group think he's actually tight. That dance he does though is pretty entertaining.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 11:11:57 AM »
"stay fly" is an illll track

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

ABN

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 11:26:02 AM »
Tripple 6 are legends and they can actually rap pretty tight allthough these days they aint showing it. i used to have some old mixtapes/street albums with them from the early 90´s and them motherfuckers was goin off on those tapes rapping hella fast and the lyrics were pretty good. Paul and Juicy are definently some of the best producers in the game and they are hella slept on, lookin forward to that new Project Pat album. Salutes the real kings of crunk 8)

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 11:28:22 AM »
TEAR THE CLUB UP!!!!

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 12:56:28 PM »
TEAR THE CLUB UP!!!!

that's gotta be one of the crunkest songs ever

Paul

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 02:30:59 PM »
yeah ma brother is a big fan and i understand why three 6 are some talented guys. prob the best in the south
my brother has got some rare mixtapes with lord infamous and the rest of them
funkyfreshintheflesh

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 02:57:16 PM »
I like their older, mystik styles kinda stuff when they was on that devilish shiat. The newer stuff I ain't interested in, not my taste at all.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 02:59:07 PM »
lol at the Crunchy comments, but yeah, I like 3 6 alot. When Koopsta was with em they were even better..."Mystic Stylez" and "World Domination" are verrry tight albums, "Da End" and "Unbreakables" (some people hated on that album for WHATEVER reason) are nice as well. Some of the rap does suck, some is alright though, and the production is quite often ill as fuck. "Da Summa", "Live By Yo Rep", both "Tear Da Club Up"´s, "Late Night Tip", "Fuck That Shit", "Break Da Law ´95"...................I could go on for a while about those beats

Paul

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 03:08:28 PM »
live by yo rep is amazin
cant stand all the break the laws but get annoyin
funkyfreshintheflesh

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 03:29:29 PM »
live by yo rep is amazin
cant stand all the break the laws but get annoyin

the ´95 version is dope

JigsawCorleone

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 06:12:44 PM »
Tha best in tha game wit' longevity along wit' da usual suspects (nwa/pac/jayz/etc.).  tha only real niggaz that i buy, even though they need some of their old artists back like Boo/Chat/TRock/Killa Klan and a few more.  but otha than that they beats SHOULD be considered some of tha best along wit' Dre (like it or not).  and i always wanted to hear what they woulda sounded like on Death Row back in the 90's wit' Dre/Snoop/Pac/DPG, woulda been interesting.  and oh yeah, they KILLED Bone. 

"The Most Known Unknowns" in stores September 27
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 06:14:40 PM by JigsawCorleone »

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 11:55:16 AM »
Is lord infamous with the group anymore? he isnt on any of their new songs that ive heard so far and all the pictures i see of them now only got Paul, Juicy, and Crunchy Black.

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 12:38:36 PM »
im not a big fan of three six but i like the hypnotized minds production DJ Paul and Juicy Jay are reallly sick

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 02:27:49 AM »
thats the "M-TOWN" what more can I say. 8)
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.