Author Topic: Internet bootlegging  (Read 851 times)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Internet bootlegging
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2005, 10:30:42 PM »
can hate on Wc rydaz all you want, but they make a point as to not allowing anyone to post full albums in their sound forum (unless the album is out of print).  It's hypocritical for dubcc to not allow the warren G album to be posted, yet allow every other album to be posted in full

same with that sly boogy mixtape.. i didnt agree with it but whatever. its not my forum.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2005, 10:35:18 PM »
lmao @ him saying "this is chess not checkers" hahaha

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2005, 10:37:40 PM »
you know whats funny is how people so easily blame their problems on other people.  Warren G and his promoter putting that statement on dubcnn, and I saw an article on dubcnn calling them "internet thieves".  LMAO.

I've been downloading music since 1999/2000, and up until late 2003 I bought every westcoast album that I downloaded.  I had albums weeks, months, sometimes years before they dropped, but I still bought them, mostly to support the artist.  I bought albums that I had listened to so much before the album dropped that I might have never even listend to the og all the way thru.

I quit buying albums tho in late 2003 for multiple reasons:

1. FUCK the music industry and those rich corporate fucks

2. cd's are way too expensive

3. the music is not good anymore

People come on here saying shit like true fans of Warren G will buy the cd, or true fans of Quik will buy the new album, and bootlegging is killing the westcoast, blah blah blah.  Fuck that, Games album probably got bootlegged 10x more than both Quik and Warren G combined, and he still went platinum.  50 cent goes platinum, snoop goes platinum, eminem goes platinum, and I guarantee you all of their albums get bootlegged minimum of 25x more than any sad rapper complaining about internet downloading.

I don't buy cd's anymore, but I download all the albums I want to hear.  but I can guarantee I ain't hurting one guy's career.  I own just about 300 westcoast cd's and I been to plenty of concerts.  And it ain't like I'm selling bootleg copies of these albums.  98% of them I listen to 1 or 2 times and thats it.  If I couldn't download them, I woulndt buy them either.  If I wasn't able to download albums I would have stopped listening to new rap nearly 2 years ago.

So all you fans and rappers out their crying about internet downloading need to shut the hell up.  If warren G only sells 100,000 copies of his new album, how many copies do you seriously think got downloaded which would have been sales?  I say 5% max, thats 5000 copies.  c'mon folks thats nothing.  internet downloading is not the problem, its something called P-R-O-M-O-T-I-O-N.  Rappers get the same percentage of stolen goods as places like Safeway, Best buy, 7-11, Walll-lMart, etc.  Thats just something businesses have to accept and factor in., and pretty much the music industry needs to factor that in too.
I'm totally with you
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

cStyle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2005, 10:45:28 PM »
the funniest thing is most of these gangsta rappers talk bout shootin robbin n killin  or whateva n then they cryin about some people bootleggin their shit=(stealin is a crime)  hahahahaha  ;D

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2005, 10:46:51 PM »
But on another note, CD prices have dropped. I DON'T buy new CD's anymore, but I remember them shits being $14-$18,maybe $12 on a new release @ Tower Records. But now with Best Buy and WalMart in the picture, them shits be $9.99, with a bonus disc and DVD bonus. I stand corrected, cause I can't recall the last album I bought.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2005, 11:34:13 PM »
Fuck them fools huh, who the fuck r u? check the files 1 time b4 u speak, it's seems like yall can't comprehend SIMPLE ENGLISH, it said the forums was leaking a lil bit. thats a fact. somebody leaked it on your forums! nobody said dubcnn leaked that shit!!! But thanks for having our name in your mouth. This is Chess not Checkers, keep that bullshit outta here,  don't talk down on my shit anymore OVERSEER

Whatup crash, i was just asking why it had been posted in that way, no worries on the misunderstanding on my part as long as its cleared up now, like Jome said it was a forum member that posted an external link to the album...rather than us directly :)

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Don Seer

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2005, 12:13:31 AM »
Im kinda getting worried,y'all remember www.realestniggas.com & what happened to them???I never knew about another site calling us "thieves",& this is what I read yesterday at www.indastreets.net:"I guess Dubcnn.com forums was leaking a little bit" (they're talking about the new Warren G).I mean what the fuck did they say that for???As if other forums weren't doing the same.This isnt the only source for music ::) Why didnt they point out WCRydaz???Maybe cause Crash actually posts there.

Yea Crash, what was that about just seen that...

9/22/2005 - Warren G's New Album Leaked!!! - It's out now all over the net. I guess Dubcnn.com forums was leaking a little bit, It hits the stores in a couple of weeks so go and BUY a few copies, from what we've heard it's a nice sounding album.... 

what the fuck!  thats fuckin slander man FUCK them fools for trying to make it look like we leaked that shit.

Fuck them fools huh, who the fuck r u? check the files 1 time b4 u speak, it's seems like yall can't comprehend SIMPLE ENGLISH, it said the forums was leaking a lil bit. thats a fact. somebody leaked it on your forums! nobody said dubcnn leaked that shit!!! But thanks for having our name in your mouth. This is Chess not Checkers, keep that bullshit outta here,  don't talk down on my shit anymore OVERSEER

who the fuck am i? i own this forum so I gotta speak when someone is posting false information. comprehend?

Like jome said.. neither the forum OR people on the forum were the source for the leak they just reposted what had been leaked elsewhere.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2005, 01:32:54 AM »
I bootleg. I don't see any problem with it at all. But I go and buy the albums released by artists that I want to see make it. If the artist wants to make a big deal about it, then maybe they should look at themselves. If the music had any merit by itself anymore, bootlegging wouldn't even happen on the level it does. The radio plays shit, the new artists usually have no heart, and the older artists live in the past. I'd be better off flushing my money down the toilet instead of buying a new album because it's that rare that any CD today can hold it's weight even for half of the tracks.

Don Seer

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2005, 01:51:42 AM »

9/22/2005 - Warren G's New Album Leaked!!! - It's out now all over the net.It hits the stores in a couple of weeks so go and BUY a few copies, from what we've heard it's a nice sounding album....

thanks for updating :)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2005, 05:15:11 AM »
I think it is funny as a motherfucker when rappers who claim to be gangsta complain about bootlegging, since, isn't bootlegging the definition of gangsta? I mean it's illegal, you become a criminal and you make money. So why complain about us? We're just following their lead.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Plumma25

• 'G'
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2005, 05:24:46 AM »
I agree with you somewhat.  Though bootlegging is not the only thing  keeping album sales down it still is a problem.  While I too bootlegg a gang of shit, I still support the albums I think are worth my money.  If anything bootlegging has helped a few artists I normally wouldn't of supported.  It also has hurt a couple.  Like Kurupt's new album, while I liked some of the songs, I did not buy it because overall I think it was average and I hate Suge Knight and he would see money off this album.  But the reverse happened with Kanye West, I really didn't like him but a listen to his new album really sold me.  I like the laid back feel to the album.
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

PLANT

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2005, 06:56:04 AM »
i agree wtih Grundy 100%
Me too,

And like I said before, Warren G should be thanking DubCnn and DubCC because if not for the Dubs, the new Warren G album would have completely passed me by without any notice.  Now that I had the opportunity to hear about the album (DubCnn), Warren might get my $15.00.  But Warren, Ill tell you this, if it wasnt for DubCnn you wouldnt be getting shit from me becuase promotion for your new cd sucks!

BTW, I DID download "In the Mid-Nite Hour", and I have to say its a pretty solid record  ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 07:02:00 AM by PLANT »