Author Topic: A Rant about Eminems New Album !  (Read 321 times)

elneckio

A Rant about Eminems New Album !
« on: May 01, 2002, 09:43:37 AM »
First of all a little bit on how I listen to my music.  I buy a CD, encode it and listen to it on my MP3 player.  The CD's themselves sit on my shelves gathering dust and taking up room, but keeping me happy that I have given back something to the artist for their hard work (although most of the time they get a small percentage, but thats another thread !).  

According to news articles today Eminems latest album is likely to contain copy protection stopping its use on PC's.  Therefore I buy CD, enco...  o no I can't because it won't work !

So I am left with some choices :

a) Buy portable CD player for that one album and put up with skipping, having no way to carry it etc.

b) Download the album from the web because someone is bound to rip it to mp3 anyway.

c) Don't bother buying it.

Option C seems favorite at the moment, looks like I won't be buying or listening to Eminems latest album then.

(I bought the last two btw)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: A Rant about Eminems New Album !
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2002, 09:55:07 AM »

Yeah I feel ya homie on that point...

It's fucc'ed up that so many people have taken the bootleg thing to such extremes that this whole copy-write shit has to fucc us true fan's up.

I download mp3's as well, but only if I can't find the lp....or it's a track that will never see the light of day.
I don't make me better or any different than the people I hate on the net (Bootleger's)
But I feel comfort in knowing that I always buy all my cd's, no doubt.
Plus I enjoy making mixx cd's with all my favorite shitt on em...as do many of yall' out there. (For my personal use only)

Mp3's are tight when u use them right Like the homie above does....and it sucks that he will no longer be able to enjoy his music the way he does.

IMO
Hatesrats 2oo2

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2002, 10:07:54 AM »
i remember reading about copy protected cd's a while back. unless i misunderstood it they make the cd in a lower quality so that it can't be read by the burner. almost like it was scratched. i don't think there'll be much of a difference if you listen to it but who knows. i don't see them putting out shitty quality cd's cuz nobody would buy them, but it still makes you wonder. if the sound quality of the cd suffers at all because of this process then a lot of people are gonna be pissed. but i don't see that happening. you'd think with technology today they could come up with another method than making the cd in shittier quality. peace

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2002, 10:27:03 AM »
I want to see something official from Aftermath sayin that this album is burn proof.  I think it stinks and am in total favor of SHARING MUSIC.

I say this because, I grew up in an age of Mix Tapes (1985-1986) and that was something that I used to love doing for my friends.  I would go to my grandparents house on the weekend, and record the mix masters show off 1580 KDAY AM and on Monday, I would go to school and give about 10 copies out to my friends in Lakewood / Long Beach.  (I went to Jr. High in Lakewood Calif)

I would do this because we couldnt get 1580 KDAY (AM) clear in Lakewood.  That transformed in to making mix tapes from vinyl etc.  I dont think that copy writing should take away from making tapes and sharing music.  The only difference is that we now do it from digital to digital.. vice Analog to Analog.  

They should package albums up with more stuff to make it more appealing to the consumer.  Shirts, DVD's with videos.. something like that.  People like us buy OG albums when they are hot so whats the big deal.  My arguement is that.. if I purchase an album.. I should have options.  Maybe I dont want to play the original CD like I do with most of my music.  I simply rip and burn a copy if I need to play it in the car.  

Just devils advocate.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

elneckio

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2002, 10:40:38 AM »
Good to see I'm not alone  ;D

If you want to read the story then theres one article about it here : http://www.usatoday.com/life/cyber/tech/2002/05/01/eminem.htm
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2002, 10:41:50 AM »
I'm buying it regardless.. it'll get bootlegged outside of this copy protection lark *if* it goes down.  we already have 2 tracks CDQ already... ;)

knowing the record industry they'll release it in a certain country without and all we need is a rip from there.

another thing.. i also prefer to bump cd-r's in the car to avoid scratches and theft.

- shit just noticed another thing... The Eminem Show comes out a day after Quiks album  :'(

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2002, 11:15:39 AM »

another thing.. i also prefer to bump cd-r's in the car to avoid scratches and theft.

- shit just noticed another thing... The Eminem Show comes out a day after Quiks album  :'(

I feel the same. I dont have a car yet.. but I plan on gettin one soon. I want to burn cd's and bump them in my ride. Too many people out here be gettin jacked for their stereo's along with their cd's. Fuck all that.. I got too many cd's.. I aint tryna get jacked.

How does Eminem come out 1 day after Quik though? Dont' cd's drop every Tuesday? They should either be on tha same day or a week apart shouldn't they?

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2002, 11:30:29 AM »
that article says eminem drops on the 3rd

doesn't quik drop on the 2nd (according to some places?)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2002, 11:33:46 AM »
Wait a minute, arent they coming out the same day,
June 4th ??? ??? ??? ???

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2002, 11:37:25 AM »
hahha.. man this shits fucked......

i just checked.. the 4th is a tuesday so thats aiight there.

UK releases all over the place... ;)

a shop gets CDs, they go out to beat all the others in the area.

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2002, 01:03:04 PM »
i friend of mine bought the new shakira album, and to her surprise u cudn't do nothin with it in a pc...not even listen to it. but in her room she only has 2 plug sockets, so when she is on her computer she can't have her cd player plugged in...therefore can't listen to the cd in her own fuckin room whilst on her pc...which is a litlle fucked up.

IMO they will sell more coppies if the album CAN be bootlegged cos more ppl will have to buy an original copy to start off the bottlegging...if they don't have access to the internet or a fast enough connection to download an album...they will just have to buy a bootleg to start sellin their own...

Big_Loco_FME

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2002, 01:58:15 PM »
well what the fuck did people expect? LOL I think CD-Rs and downloading is one of the BEST things to happen to the music industry in years... in moderation.  

I like to preview a few tracks off an album, or download rare songs, or get a few tracks off a soundtrack/compilation. I'm sure I'll also burn my shit to cd-r when i get a car like y'all said already, or put my shit onto an mp3 player.

But all these little girls sitting in chat rooms 'sharing' full cdq retail albums with absolutely no intention of purchasing is what has got the industry scurred.

Fact is online downloading is only taking away like 1% of traditional industry revenue per year right now. But as more folks hear about it and see how easy it is to steal albums online, that figure is going to get higher. So it's pretty obvious they're going to try and put a stop to it.

yea that shit is annoying, but as usual it's the greedy losers who are ruining it for the rest of us. that's why im always telling people to buy albums, cuz if people don't what you think is going to happen? first shit like this, then prices go up (already happening), then it will just get worse and worse.

itsallgood

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2002, 04:06:46 PM »
all i gotta say is compulink lol all u gotta do is hook up a cd player to your pc they will never b able to stop cds from gettin ripped lol

serv-on

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2002, 05:54:00 PM »
well unfortunatly everything get hacked. from games to programs, from websites to .... erm... you get my point. ;D

So eventually these anti pc cd's will also get hacked.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2002, 05:58:13 PM »
well what the fuck did people expect? LOL I think CD-Rs and downloading is one of the BEST things to happen to the music industry in years... in moderation.  

I like to preview a few tracks off an album, or download rare songs, or get a few tracks off a soundtrack/compilation. I'm sure I'll also burn my shit to cd-r when i get a car like y'all said already, or put my shit onto an mp3 player.

But all these little girls sitting in chat rooms 'sharing' full cdq retail albums with absolutely no intention of purchasing is what has got the industry scurred.

Fact is online downloading is only taking away like 1% of traditional industry revenue per year right now. But as more folks hear about it and see how easy it is to steal albums online, that figure is going to get higher. So it's pretty obvious they're going to try and put a stop to it.

yea that shit is annoying, but as usual it's the greedy losers who are ruining it for the rest of us. that's why im always telling people to buy albums, cuz if people don't what you think is going to happen? first shit like this, then prices go up (already happening), then it will just get worse and worse.

That was beautiful homie....

Well put and staright to the point....my exact thoughts.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2