Author Topic: What do you think...  (Read 88 times)

smerlus

What do you think...
« on: May 01, 2002, 11:50:44 AM »
I'm in the Navy and we have a wide variety of people with different tastes in rap as would be expected, but i've found rarely anyone like myself that reps only west coast. (little southern but that's just mostly the Rap-a-lot clique) and when it comes to to my cd collection people always grab the same cd's when they want to listen to it, The Chronic, Chronic 2001, Doggystyle and ish like that. When you look at my collection i got everything from AllfrumthaI to Xzibit. People that listen to southern music really don't care too much for my selection and east coasters don't like my ish at all. so to my question....What do y'all think the West needs to do to get back on top...? and i got some ideas...

*Dr Dre needs to quit making beets for every cat that comes up to him. I mean he made some dope ass beats for Busta Rhymes but i thought he fell through with the likes of Mack 10 and Warren G

*Snoop needs to stop acting like his Shit don't stink... Doggystyle, Topp Dogg and Last Meal were, with the acception of Doggystyle, pretty good and we all know Doggystyle was a banger. the other ones were pretty trashy.

*Ice Cube needs to come back with a vengence! that's all i have to say.

*And these younger rappers gotta come up and stop hanging on Dre's and Snoop's nuts. I know they're not the only way for a west coast artist to be known.

Of course some will never be accepted in general society, E40, Jayo Felony, Suga Free, Daz...etc but I'm still glad their doing their own thing and not selling out. It just pisses me off that a fruitcake that wears band aids, a down syndrome looking rat with a raspy voice that sings off key, and a 11 year old kid dancing around with bitches old enough to be his mom (and fine enough to be my wife) dominate the air waves. And i'm sorry, but i'm just waiting for a West coast rapper with balls enough to just but some muthafukkers in check. like E40 said, since Pac died, the West just ain't been eating right.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Hittman

Re: What do you think...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2002, 11:58:13 AM »
A Topic That Has Been Discussed So Often.

I Agree With You On Dr Dre And Who He Makes Beats For. Theres So Many Tight Cats Out There Who Would Sound So Dope Rapping Over Dr Dre Beats - But Dre Seems To Be Down For The Money.

Tha Row Is Gradually Giving Some Light To The West Coast. With Suge Comes Contraversy - People And The Media Like Contraversy. Its A Great Fit. Plus There Is A Fair Amount Of Talent On DR.

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2002, 12:55:19 PM »
i am sick of this question...

Deuce_G

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2002, 01:11:25 PM »
I don't think the west will be on top again until some new talent comes up.  Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg make amazing music that I will always love, but I think someone new is the only thing that will catch people's attention.