Author Topic: One Of The Best Releases Of 2005 (download inside)  (Read 304 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
One Of The Best Releases Of 2005 (download inside)
« on: September 18, 2005, 10:27:08 AM »
Chief Kamachi & The Juju Mob - Black Candles

Easily one of the best of the year.  If you haven't heard it, download it right now.  That's all I gotta say.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: One Of The Best Releases Of 2005 (download inside)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 10:40:07 AM »
can we get a description, or like anything about it, looks intresting, im guesing its not your average, bang bang rap?

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 01:16:58 PM »
can we get a description, or like anything about it, looks intresting, im guesing its not your average, bang bang rap?

Yeah descripe a lil bit what kind of music it is.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 01:26:51 PM »
Here's a review I found, not the best review but I'm lazy.

Chief Kamachi may get top billing for the Juju Mob, but this isn't one of those cases of an artist putting on less talented friends once he gets some shine. Kamachi, Reef the Lost Cauze, Charon Don and State Store are each individual forces in the Pennsylvania underground. Of course having four talented MC's doesn't always cut it, so the question is how were they able to put it together for Black Candles?

"Black of Dawn" sets a dark and apocalyptic tone for the album, with each member carving up the mic. By "No Hard Feelings", you get the feeling that Reef the Lost Cauze is a force to be reckoned with. His studio presence clearly lives up to his battle reputation. Tracks like "No Chorus" show the Mob just wants to take it to the listener without attempting anything cute. That's not to say they don't have any potential radio hits on their hand. I could see kids chanting "It's the Mob" along with the hook to "My Squad". Even "Voodoo Doll" has both lyrical elements and the traits of a club joint. Funny enough, Kamachi's standout performance comes on "Radios", where they ask why the Juju Mob can't get any play. Charon Don also stands out in a positive way, particularly on his solo track, "Situation". Halfway through you understand why they let him rock it alone. Charon and Reef drop a storytelling collab with "Never Walk Alone". It's a tale of loyalty as Charon seeks out revenge for Reef who had just been shot.

Black Candles achieves what any successful group project should. It rocks your speakers and simultaneously gets you amped for solo work from each of its members. Of course Kamachi has already blessed us with Cult Status, but we have Reef's Feast or Famine to look forward to in the near future. Not to mention Reef and Kamachi on the Army of the Pharoahs project. Give the Juju Mob credit, they took four MC's brimming with potential and created their own little supergroup. Not an easy feat by any means.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 01:50:32 PM »
props...so far Black of Down is my fav track
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 02:05:16 PM »
The production is my favourite part of the LP.  I can't really think of what to compare it to, maybe it's similar to Jedi Mind Tricks style of production.  I've only heard this thru my earphones, I'd love to hear this on a nice system, I'd bet it'd sound great.
Kamachi is the most powerful voice outta the four, he's got a deep voice and a hard delivery.  The other three I don't know that well, one dude sounds kinda like Obie Trice and one sounds similar to Brother Ali.  As a group I don't know who to compare them to.

Elevz

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 11:04:11 AM »
Downloading now... Good to hear you're so enthousiastic on this album - I have full confidence in this being well worth my time. Props already.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 08:53:13 AM »
looks interesting, but the links down for me....any chance you could fix that Knuckles?