Author Topic: Sticky: *spoiler* has anyone seen Lost's second season premiere?  (Read 35266 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Sticky: *spoiler* has anyone seen Lost's second season premiere?
« Reply #1545 on: May 14, 2010, 06:29:34 PM »
I actually liked the episode, reminded me of something which would have happened in the earlier seasons of lost. I really think all the season of lost pretty much have been solid which season one and 4 being great and the last one kinda ruining the show abit.

I do agree though, i dont see what jacobs brother did wrong at first, he knew she was not his mother, he was not from the island and just wanted to go back where he came from, whats so wrong about that/. Yet she starts about all this bullshit about the light and then when jacob throws his brother into it, we finally see how the smoke monster came about and how the original sort of version his brother died. They did show jacob to be kinda simple and someone who always listened to whatever his mother said whereas his brother was more a man, and sometimes cunning. Like he lied better etc but he also killed his 'mom' after she killed all his people. Good episode just not sure what to make of certain shit....How did she kill all the people? Does she have the same skills the smoke monster does? lol and explaining of the light was hilarious...i cant remember everything but she said something like its death, life, rebirth, good bad etc....but i mean when jacob threw his brother in there, what does that make him? And the smoke monster version of jacobs brother wants to get off the island just as much as jacobs brother did so there are still things to be answered....is that still his brother just in a new form after his encounter with the light etc...I dunno but i found the whole light thing wayy too random...

lol...i have so many questions...and so little time for explaining everything! Infact im pretty sure half my questions i cant even remember now that im typing this up.

The Watcher

« Reply #1546 on: May 15, 2010, 12:44:11 AM »
the smoke monster isnt jacob's brother, just like the smoke monster isn't john locke
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #1547 on: May 18, 2010, 05:36:50 PM »
oh shit, tonight and then sunday and THATS IT!!!  :(

im expecting some real dope shit to pop off tonight!!!  :bandit:

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Lunatic

« Reply #1548 on: May 19, 2010, 12:08:37 AM »
Tonight was pretty dope  8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #1549 on: May 23, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
The greatest show of all time ends tonight....

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #1550 on: May 23, 2010, 04:03:36 PM »

ahhh shit son!!!

im thinking of holding off and starting the entire series again and finishing off with tonights event.  at the same time, im too fucking curious to wait!!!  lol

i hope they do tonight right.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Lunatic

« Reply #1551 on: May 23, 2010, 04:39:58 PM »

ahhh shit son!!!

im thinking of holding off and starting the entire series again and finishing off with tonights event.  at the same time, im too fucking curious to wait!!!  lol

i hope they do tonight right.
lol too curious to wait..that'd be sick though  :laugh:

I REALLY,, REALLLYYY hope tonight is done right. Please dear GOD.

The Watcher

« Reply #1552 on: May 24, 2010, 03:37:42 AM »
seriously, wtf?

there was way too much focus on all of the relationship crap for me, even my wife was getting tired of it

i might stab someone in the face tomorrow i'm that angry
- celph titled

- joe budden

bez

« Reply #1553 on: May 24, 2010, 05:00:05 AM »
Ive been the most critical of this show lately but the ending really did suit the show, I feel.

It was kinda the only way they could take it really. With the whole timeline nonesense it kinda made perfect sense for them to all be dead. I suppose the good thing about the situation is that the island is presumably still there and therefore there could be new people stuck on it in the future. Im glad its over though really because it was starting to get very played out in my opinion. But, it did end on a high and I actually got emotional watching all the flashbacks and the characters realising they all knew one another. Funny though aswell I never really clocked onto Jack's Dad's name being Christian Shepard, all makes sense now.

Still a hell of alot of questions that remained unanswered, but then again that is because the show simply became dragged out. The numbers? Black smoke? Dharma? The crazy chinese emperor guy? Walt and Michael? Why was Walt so special? What was the island sickness? What happened to Russo? Who was the kid in the last few episode and what happened to him? What actually was the point in Desmond being in the hatch and pressing the button? If Jacob brough them to the island on purpose then why did the electro-magnet thingy make the plane crash in the first place? There is so mannnyyyy questions unanswered.

I did really enjoy it though. Actually made me smile knowing its now all over and it was actually ended, unlike many programs that will just be axed and never completed. Oh and I loved the end aswell when Vincent lied with Jack as he died, that was really touching I felt. Crazy how far and weird this show has come though. From being a group of people trapped on an island, to fighting with other people on the island, to be prisioners and enemies, to being friends, to leaving, coming back, traveling through time, etc. Really has been a hell of a ride. I for one will miss Lost... I dont think we will see anything on tv that causes this much emotion for a long time.

P.S. I do think its weird the way Eko got totally overlooked during this ending. I mean, he was a vicar and all right? And I do think they kinda took the backdoor with the whole 'purgatory' shit because thats what everyone said from the start and they denied it.

Lunatic

« Reply #1554 on: May 24, 2010, 09:08:44 AM »
This ended perfectly. I'm so happy lol. There is no way this could have really been any better. Anyone who is angry at the show for not answering mysteries (there is a nice list of questions posted right above me lol) - Try and remember that this show has always been character driven. For every weird question/mystery we got, we spent double the amount of time just simply learning about the characters and their lives. Their past, future, etc. It's a character driven show, it always has been, and that was the only appropriate way to end it - heavily character based.

It was amazing how they all came together in the flashsideways/afterlife. The sideways world was all about people correcting their mistakes, finding the people they love, forgiving the people who hurt them most, and forgiving themselves. That's the best ending possible in my opinion.

They all died at different points and places. Since they spent the most important part of their lives together (the island - which was all real experiences) each one died (let go, moved on, etc.) and waited for each other so they could all be together to cross over into the afterlife. They needed to move forward as a unit. They couldn't do it alone. (Jack's famous quote "If we can't live together, we're gonna die alone")

I love how even in the sideways reality, these people all played important roles in each others lives - Fate! Even if that plane never crashed, these people had to play important roles to one another.

Greatest television series of all time.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #1555 on: May 24, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »
LMAO, only lost could end a show like that hahaha, seriously it was abit emotional i aint gon lie but i feel both happy and sad about how it all ended.

First of all, the whole 2 hours 30 mins show thing was brilliant and the first hour or so flew past and it was action packed and the music and shit was abit different than usual and it made it even more dramatic. And it was nice how they all kinda remembered each other in the end even though i found it kinda rushed with them really just having to touch each other and booom, the memories just hit them again but thats what made the episode ending quick and i even felt for jack when he was left behind to kinda die to save the island and the others.

I do have some questions though, first of all, the whole shit about them all being dead and just moving on into the light...and hurley saying to ben he made a great number 2...so was that flashsideways or whatever kinda like the place between life and death? A place where they were all already dead but waiting for each other to come together before they move on into what i presume they wanted to show as heaven with the light.

And also with them all being dead, does that mean that the afterlife thing was a long time after? Because what happened to sawyer/kate etc when they flew off the island at the end? Do they just live there life and then die or what? Like when did they all die? Since everything which happened on the island was real, i presume when they landed on the island, they didnt die straight away right? Like some died on the island, others never died, like sawyer etc, so do they make it off the island at the end when they fly off and this sideways flashforward is of when they all are dead rather than in a certain time zone?

Also im still not feeling the whole protecting the light thing. Why? What exactly would happen if locke got off the island because he was a human anyway at the end, he had blood in his mouth when jack punched him. What would have happened if he got off the island? Was the light being protected for the rest of the world? And all them questions already asked in the post above lunatic. Also about the woman who was widmors wife, they never said anything of her...arghhhh, i have so many questions yet i felt it ended so well too. LOL

so they all died at some point...but my question is, they didnt all die on the island right? Like kate sawyer claire miles etc...do they live there lives off the island when hurley becomes the new jacob sorta guy...

And the other reality was like a purgatory place sort of thing? Because if they were in purgatory on the island, i presume they all died on the initial plane crash but everything that happened on the island was real...so :\ lol...

Help...lol...

I get it...they're all dead and move on lol, but i dont get it to a point if u understand lol

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 04:38:25 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

The Watcher

« Reply #1556 on: May 24, 2010, 08:58:27 PM »
basically we see jack dying on the island and the plane taking off. except for jack, we assume they all lived happily ever after until they died (hurley and ben longer than the rest, obviously) and went to the flash-sideways to wait for the time to move on
- celph titled

- joe budden

Lunatic

« Reply #1557 on: May 24, 2010, 10:39:44 PM »
^^Exactly. Island stuff all real, Jack, Boone, Shannon, etc. all died on the island, that is real, they really did survive a plane crash, never purgatory. Sure, think of the flash sideways as a purgatory of sorts. A place they all created to gather their souls. They need each other to move on.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #1558 on: May 26, 2010, 05:36:32 PM »
haha props, i get it, i watched it agian lol

The flash sideways sorta thing was def a purgatory sort of place and i get it all now.

I wish they would have showed some of how sawyer kate claire etc lived their lives once they got off the island but i think they could only fit so much into one final season. I mean they missed alot of questions, they rushed alot of things at the end too with them getting to know each other again etc, but they only had so much air time. Still think it was a brilliant end though.

Now if only they left it open for a movie to have been made aha ;D they walk into the light and they all end up back on the island from the start... :D

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1559 on: May 28, 2010, 09:23:44 AM »
Nice finale. Wasn't AMAZING but it was quality. Those flashbacks that made them remember were really emotional, along with the classic piano and violin driven Lost music. So many things unexplained, that really bothers me.