Author Topic: Nas - MTV Diary Of & Review Of New Jigga Video  (Read 127 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Nas - MTV Diary Of & Review Of New Jigga Video
« on: April 28, 2002, 02:08:24 AM »
Did anyone else catch this on MTVBase last night? It was some good shit, Nas is prolly one of the realest MC's out there. I've always respected him as an artist (even after "Nastradamus"!) but after watching this my respect for him as a person has sky rocketed. I thought it was really sincere of him to not do that Coors Light Beer commercial, most rappers who do them ads are usually in it just for the money but he was thinking about how it would effect underrage kids after seeing him featured, thats some real shit. & it was coo' to see him go back to his old appartment in Queen's, seeing the window where he used to pen his rhymes. The people there in queens was giving him mad love & visa versa.

Also has anyone else seen the new Jay-Z video for "Song Cry"? Is it even out in the US yet? It's nothing spectacular, bit cheesy infact, it basically follows the story of the actual song & it has the usual big mansion, chromed out cars etc  :P You also see Damon Dash rocking a T-shirt with a huge Aaliyah face spread across the front which is prolly the best part of the video.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Hittman

Re: Nas - MTV Diary Of
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2002, 02:16:42 AM »
Damn I Really Need To Start Watching MTV Base More Often.

:-/

It'll Probably Been Shown Again Though Soon!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2002, 02:21:09 AM »
Yeah, it has some really good shows. I can see them showing Nas' Diary again some time this week, I think last night was the premiere but i'm not too sure. I know Jay-Z Unplugged is on sometime tonight....if that interests you at all  ;D

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2002, 03:20:40 AM »

Also has anyone else seen the new Jay-Z video for "Song Cry"? Is it even out in the US yet? It's nothing spectacular, bit cheesy infact, it basically follows the story of the actual song & it has the usual big mansion, chromed out cars etc  :P You also see Damon Dash rocking a T-shirt with a huge Aaliyah face spread across the front which is prolly the best part of the video.

no offence...but i don"t really see how this feats in with the rest of yo post?.. ;)...do you mind to explain the connection.
;D
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2002, 03:46:24 AM »

no offence...but i don"t really see how this feats in with the rest of yo post?.. ;)...do you mind to explain the connection.
;D

Nope. Basically the video was on straight after & instead of flooding the board with non-westcoast releated topics I thought i'd put i'd tie them in. I'll change the topic name to fit if u want  ;) Plus Jigga/Nas fans always seem to be interested in both artists, even if their not fans of both.