Author Topic: damn dj quik sales dont look so good right now..  (Read 1356 times)

Diggfinger

Re: damn dj quik sales dont look so good right now..
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2005, 01:32:16 PM »
lol yall got some special ears when it comes to DJ Quik and Warren G. "Trauma" is coo, but come on yall overdoin it. "the production is amazing". NO! the last time Quik made an album that had me like whoa was "Rhythm-Al-Ism"

listen to Trauma again mate. it IS superb

SikksTrey

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2005, 03:55:55 PM »
trama really is 1 of the best albums since trauma, top 5 anyway

Hahahaha!

Definetly top 5!
"When I fart you fall apart, a nigga got GAZ!" - Hi-C

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2005, 10:30:04 PM »
I cant wait for Quik to drop a new video--Need a Home DVD

westside159

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2005, 01:43:08 AM »
damn i hate to say but i told you quik fans that quiks dayz were over and its a shame becuz he is talented and i grew up on quiks music !

and i cant belive mc eiht is independent and had no video or radio play but his last album veterans day stayed at #63 on the billboard charts for a few weeks and did very good and it seems like quik has so many fans but still cant make it over the top and he's get exposure in magazines and television commercial's and internet sites but i hope he picks up and drops a video or something !!!!!!

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2005, 07:24:49 AM »
^^^^^How is his days over when he still rhyme like he did back then  ???

his lyrics are still on point and his production has gotten better his low sales are due to por promotion. If he was on Interscope or aftermath he would've gotten major promotion an his sales will definately be high.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2005, 07:49:32 AM »
dre needs to sign him jus so quik can get dre's name and interscope's promotion in there...quik could do the album all by himself like he did trauma....jus get it out in 5-6 months like he did trauma...aftermath just for the promotion he doesnt need dre or any1....but without promotion he's going nowhere

peace

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2005, 12:42:01 PM »
this album had ZERO promo, NO video

I totally expected these numbers
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Paul

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2005, 01:48:55 PM »
damn i hate to say but i told you quik fans that quiks dayz were over and its a shame becuz he is talented and i grew up on quiks music !

and i cant belive mc eiht is independent and had no video or radio play but his last album veterans day stayed at #63 on the billboard charts for a few weeks and did very good and it seems like quik has so many fans but still cant make it over the top and he's get exposure in magazines and television commercial's and internet sites but i hope he picks up and drops a video or something !!!!!!

u make ure point which is fine, but in a thread with nuthin bout mc eiht innit u still manage 2 mention him ???
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm no longer a supporter of westcoast rap...
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2005, 02:48:09 PM »

u make ure point which is fine, but in a thread with nuthin bout mc eiht innit u still manage 2 mention him ???

haha! yeah it's a shame... I bet he got a mc eiht tattoo on his dick

coola

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2005, 04:06:16 PM »

dont say eiht had no promotion... coz i remember that shit was being promoted... as much as trauma...

and to all the people saying he needs to be signed to aftermath.. quik will never sell a solo album that will sell like dre or 50 or eminem, EVER... quik doesnt appeal to the masses like dre, not everyone likes quiks flow and voice, his production is awesome, but quik solo cd's are for quik fans only...

Mygla

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2005, 05:04:10 AM »
and to all the people saying he needs to be signed to aftermath.. quik will never sell a solo album that will sell like dre or 50 or eminem, EVER... quik doesnt appeal to the masses like dre, not everyone likes quiks flow and voice, his production is awesome, but quik solo cd's are for quik fans only...

that's bullshit, songs like Black Mercedes, Get Up, Get Down, Indiscretions In The Back Of The Limo and Ladies And Thugs could easily be loved by any of the "average" rap fans..

Dj Quik's shit aint something for the underground heads... his production and raps have a really "commercial appeal", it's easy listenable, there's catchy hooks, and funny raps...

With the right promotion, Quik would sell heeps of records...

caprie

• Lil Geezy
  • South LONDON
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2005, 07:02:39 AM »
he needs to knwo that if he does a video for Black Mercedes, he will have a hit on his hands...and that will boost sales through the roof.

Clientele. affiliateddd

Bomb-A®

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2005, 07:21:08 AM »
he should have a poll on his website so his fans can select his video like many other artists do...thats if he is getting a video....seems very unlikely to me that he will its been almost a month since the album came out

peace

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2005, 08:25:37 AM »
who gives a fuck..........

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2005, 09:03:16 AM »
You listen to Nelly Furtado............... :loser: