Author Topic: damn dj quik sales dont look so good right now..  (Read 1358 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: damn dj quik sales dont look so good right now..
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2005, 08:09:24 PM »
lol yall got some special ears when it comes to DJ Quik and Warren G. "Trauma" is coo, but come on yall overdoin it. "the production is amazing". NO! the last time Quik made an album that had me like whoa was "Rhythm-Al-Ism"

I heard some "Whoa!" beats on "Balance and Options", for instance when he kicks the extension cord out of the wall on "Pitch in on a party" and makes it rain with mauseburg in that one song, or there's a song where he keeps censoring the wrong words with 'bleeps' and shit. 

yeah a few tracks. but im likin "Rhythm-Al-Ism" as a complete album. even the love songs were on point.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2005, 03:07:53 AM »
thats fucked up!!the west dont support their own...then yall complain about the shit.I love the west,but you niggaz own some "moe"shit some times....support your own muthafuckaz!!wessup niggaz!!! :scarface:
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2005, 06:15:49 AM »
lol yall got some special ears when it comes to DJ Quik and Warren G. "Trauma" is coo, but come on yall overdoin it. "the production is amazing". NO! the last time Quik made an album that had me like whoa was "Rhythm-Al-Ism"
yeah people is overrating Trauma it's a good album but it ain't touching The Documentary that's the best album from the westcoast since 2001

dray

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2005, 06:54:13 AM »
those are good #'s for an indy.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2005, 07:23:59 AM »
Man, I really hope this album really picks up on sales. Quik deserves it, you all know Quik should've gotten his platinum plaques way before a lot of these Ja Rules and fools in the game nowadays.

And whatever record anybody thinks is best, there's no fuckin' denying that Trauma is some bomb-ass shit. Don't matter really if The Documentary is better or if Trauma is better - that's a matter of taste. What matters is that both have one thing in common - quality. The one thing all music today doesn't, sadly, have. A lot of the shit in record stores today sound like they were all made on the same assembly line in some factory. Not Trauma though - Trauma is on that hand-crafted-from-the-best-materials level.

They really need to promote the album with a video or a tour or something. People are missing out on some great music right now. People should be hearing this. AND Quik should be making the money he rightfully deserves for his efforts - on Trauma and all his past records.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2005, 08:44:11 AM »
thats fucked up!!the west dont support their own...then yall complain about the shit.I love the west,but you niggaz own some "moe"shit some times....support your own muthafuckaz!!wessup niggaz!!! :scarface:

^^^^^Exactly

then they complain and say tha East this tha East that when tha problem is from our own fuckin' fans who don't support tha artist. All these muthafuckas do is download tha albums an complain about tha featured artist and all tha other bullshit. Keep comparing this album to that album. Once you make an album that's it no matter what you will never make an album sounding tha same it might be close but that's it.

So Baby G you can stop complaining about Trauma an comparing it to Rhythm-A-Lism coz it's not an never will be don't forget it's Trauma not Trauma-A-Lism
  ::)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2005, 10:09:25 AM »
So Baby G you can stop complaining about Trauma an comparing it to Rhythm-A-Lism coz it's not an never will be don't forget it's Trauma not Trauma-A-Lism[/b]  ::)

okay dummy peep this. when an artist does an album, i think they should always make it better than their previous albums. everyone is saying "Trauma" is classic. my point is, this album is alright but he can do better. a lot better.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2005, 12:56:43 PM »
So Baby G you can stop complaining about Trauma an comparing it to Rhythm-A-Lism coz it's not an never will be don't forget it's Trauma not Trauma-A-Lism[/b]  ::)

okay dummy peep this. when an artist does an album, i think they should always make it better than their previous albums. everyone is saying "Trauma" is classic. my point is, this album is alright but he can do better. a lot better.

An obvious sign of feelings being caught.................... :)

Paul

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2005, 05:56:05 PM »
trama really is 1 of the best albums since trauma, top 5 anyway
funkyfreshintheflesh

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2005, 10:07:13 PM »

since what?

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2005, 12:52:02 AM »
STOP WITH the excuses,face it,quik and his company didn't market this album but to the west coast,yeah he went to the east but he didn't build up his hype for the album,i know alot of people who didn't know it came out,plus fandango?????/ was a bad choice of single,nobody in the hood really know what the fucc the fandango is!!!!!!!!!!!!!,yeah the production on that song is hard,crisp sounds are perfect,but the concept fucc'n succs and yall know it,but yall so much hard core fans and got yo heads up his ass yall don't look at that, the difference between the documetary and quiks album is game covered more bases, as far as location go,he made an album that was different for a west coast artist it didn't contain the starndard sound that we are known for and it worked,plus that g-unit connect hate if you want to but g-unit is doing they thang and they helped game,quiks album is good,i bang it and enjoy it,his sales don't mean shit to me,i ain't seeing that money,so all that matters to me is i like the album,i tell people about it if they get it cool if not,it's not killing me,and it's alot of people who bootlegged it and didn't purchase it either,so fucc crying for another equal,i only will make a big fuss for my self,much respect to true quik fans tho for supporting dude without bitchin yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Paul

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2005, 06:01:57 AM »

since what?

oh man i was sooo drunk last nite :-X :-\ :-[
funkyfreshintheflesh

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2005, 09:29:44 AM »
Thanx for tha negative Karma Baby G i just lost 1 day of mylife coz u gave me negative karma  ::)

i got good news though,

i just saved a bunch of money on my car unsurance by switching to Geico !!!!

'EclipZe

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2005, 09:33:35 AM »

since what?

oh man i was sooo drunk last nite :-X :-\ :-[

lmao I can see that

Matty

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2005, 01:28:24 PM »
quik went from a big deal on quite a big label who might of or might not of promoted him well but then he was on like some independant thing with a cheap ass cd cover and not even a video. i'm dissapointed for quik cause his music is definitely on some next level shit. real shame.