Author Topic: anyone here studies surveying ?  (Read 84 times)

coola

anyone here studies surveying ?
« on: September 29, 2005, 01:46:12 AM »
im thinkin about gettin my dumb ass back to university, does anyone here do surveying ? i heard they earn a shit-load of dollas... but is it a good job ?

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: anyone here studies surveying ?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 11:59:13 PM »
im guessing you mean land surveying, structural etc? im a Qualified Marine Surveyor, i do surveys in the marine industry ;D

Hard work, but amazing money - i have my own business so its slow on the uptake as the industy is like that over here but i know land surveying, structural surveyors can get work within big companies and get paid large salaries!

and yes i enjoy my job and i dont see why land surveying, structural surveyors wouldnt! :)

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 12:05:55 AM »
i studied land surveying for a while but i couldnt take to it and changed jobs... a few of my friends are doing it now and they seem to like it... is pretty good money and once your fully qualified it can take ya all over the world... definatley worth lookin into..

coola

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 02:36:56 AM »
thanks on the heads up... yeah i live in Australia, so there is no shortage of work for it here... and yeah rud, i meant land surveying... is marine surveying a whole different course you study at university ? is it a challenging job ?

its hard work, but in what way ? i think a challenge is always fun, i dont want some desk job where i rot away..

coola

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 02:39:29 AM »

and yes i enjoy my job and i dont see why land surveying, structural surveyors wouldnt! :)

by that do you mean that structural surveying is better than land surveying ?

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 02:42:18 AM »
its hard work, but in what way ? i think a challenge is always fun, i dont want some desk job where i rot away..

marine surveying can mean doing jobs in cramped confined areas in poorly maintained scenarios that can cause problems, H&S wise espeically! its definitely a challenge but an enjoyable one

www.questmarinesurveys.com is my company

Na the comma was just seperating the jobs, i dont see why anyone wouldnt enjoy it! :D

coola

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 02:45:10 AM »

marine surveying can mean doing jobs in cramped confined areas in poorly maintained scenarios that can cause problems, H&S wise espeically! its definitely a challenge but an enjoyable one

www.questmarinesurveys.com is my company

Na the comma was just seperating the jobs, i dont see why anyone wouldnt enjoy it! :D

cool ! yeah it sounds promising, a nice salary, working out-doors and a possibility of starting up own business... where do you live ? i've heard that there is a shortage of surveyors world-wide..

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 05:07:15 AM »
Im in the UK, im a member of IIMS http://www.iims.org.uk/ they are aworldwide  organisation, qualified marine surveyors are in shortage worldwide, austrialian government were actually paying people to relocate their to aid the shortage....there are stricter laws on the marine industry there than here so people have to have surveys, here its not law! :/

coola

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 06:21:06 AM »
Im in the UK, im a member of IIMS http://www.iims.org.uk/ they are aworldwide  organisation, qualified marine surveyors are in shortage worldwide, austrialian government were actually paying people to relocate their to aid the shortage....there are stricter laws on the marine industry there than here so people have to have surveys, here its not law! :/

eeeeexcelent  ;D