Author Topic: Topic-Why doesnt Eazy get the respect he deserves?  (Read 568 times)

Euski Luv

• Lil Geezy
  • Muthafuckin "Reppin S"
Topic-Why doesnt Eazy get the respect he deserves?
« on: October 01, 2005, 02:51:54 PM »

The only people reppin Eazy's name are bone thugs, dj quik and most recently the game, this dude pioneered gangsta rap and doesnt get any of the recognition or respect he deserves. Is it because he never diied a gangsta death? people always shout ou big pun, pac, biggie, but why not E?

What yall think?
8) >:(

mrtonguetwista

Re: Topic-Why doesnt Eazy get the respect he deserves?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 03:35:57 PM »
I think the red lettering made my cataracts erupt :P

ABN

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 03:54:41 PM »
peeps aint giving E the respect he deserves coz he wasn´t a great rapper and he died of AIDS.

Euski Luv

• Lil Geezy
  • Muthafuckin "Reppin S"
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 04:01:38 PM »
Man its a reall shame when the man gets no respect cos of dying from Aids. He was a dope rapper, his voice was unique and he stood out more than anyone else in N.W.A. or the westcoast for that matter. We Want Eazy.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 04:42:59 PM »
yeah, he wasn't a great rapper. I mean, the beats he made were kind of tight, i got his last 2 cd's and he is a legend. But people don't really listen to his music like they listen 2 pac.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 04:44:27 PM »
and i also think that if i had not invented this gangsta shit, somebody else would have done it. Hip hop was becoming very hardcore with ice t, too short, kool g rap n shit.

herpes

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 04:58:05 PM »
he didnt write his own rhymes
he had a very annoying voice
he just plain sucked as a rapper
he wasnt the founder of gangsta rap, what about schooly d and ice t an the other 4 members of nwa
he didnt bring anything to the table skill wise

Euski Luv

• Lil Geezy
  • Muthafuckin "Reppin S"
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 05:04:05 PM »
Eazy might of not wrote all his own rhymes but his voice and flow were unique and recognisable. As for N.W.A, it was eazy that got them started and hooked up ruthless records. So dont be comin wit that bullshit.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 09:34:12 PM »
nobody cares about schoolly d.  no disrespect to ice t, but dude is simply a hustla.  i respect that, but t gets way more respect as an actor than a rapper.  i doubt ice t could walk around door to door and give away a million copies.

but getting to the point, look at this thread.  you've only gotten 7 responses and some of these cats are hating on e.  people don't really appreciate eazy for what he did.

did he write his own rhymes?  he never even claimed to.  he literally has verses like:
"ice cube writes the rhymes, that i say
to hell to them niggaz from cia"

it was part of his appeal.  he had interviews in the source where paperboy was flowing in the session, so that eazy could learn not just the lyrics but the flow as well.  noone cared.

eazy put out good product.  an eazy e album (other than 5150) was going to sound good.  n.w.a. albums sounded good.  eazy was the original cat with the label putting out hits, before death row.  ruthless accomplished more than death row and even aftermath.  they had platinum crossover hits with r&b (michele) and pop.  i'm calling j.j. fad pop.  dre is still dreaming about putting out a successful r&b album on aftermath.

every label ice cube started failed.  dre can't run a label, he's only a figurehead. 

eazy actually had the heart to release artists he believed in without insane hype.  dope or not.  eazy dropped artists like jimmy z, yomo & maulkie, tairrie b, tab & da villon, steffon, h.w.a. blood of abraham...eazy had heart.  some of those albums were pretty good.  in contrast, dre and aftermath can't release king tee, or rakim, or eve, or dawn robinson, or rc (eazy did drop a po broke n lonely album)...death row is notorious for not dropping artists, and they probably have better albums buried in their vaults or simply lost forever (lbc crew, whatever sam sneed was working on, crooked i) than half the artists on their current roster.  eazy e got material out, he got artists released.  above the law, kokane, ruthless atleast has classic albums out that didn't sell, not shit tucked away in a vault. 

eazy dropped bone with no fanfare, that shit sat on the shelves six months before they released the single and video for thuggish ruggish bone and the shit took off. 

look at black eyed peas.  eazy first signed them as atban klann, they dropped a single under ruthless back in 94. "puddles of h20"   eazy was dropping artists that far ahead of their time, dude could truly find talent.

eazy did so much, and so much of what he did was not as an artist, but as a record exec.  if i add up all of eazy's music that's still good as an artist, maybe it's a double cd.  but if i add up the music of all his artists and groups that he put out or atleast introduced; it's huge volumes of music.

one last thing, take a look at the ruthless releases circa 93-95.  "manufactured by ruthless records".  they had the in house producers, they were working out of audio achievements studios, they had their own manufacturing.  ruthless had everything in the music production chain locked except for distribution, and he was talking with russell simmons and some other black label heads about putting together their own distribution.  this was around the time when he fired jerry heller.  you look at labels like aftermath or death row now, they're aren't doing anything near what ruthless had in place back in '93.  who else has their own manufacturing?  ruthless had the independent shit locked and eazy was showing cats how to do things back in '93; cats simply can't compete with the type of money eazy was making off his sales even today.  which is why eazy could drop artists and see if it sold or not on their own merit.  ruthless didn't have to brag about their strings of platinum releases to make interscope happy; or woo koch to the table or whatever.

why doesn't eazy get the respect he deserves?  because people don't realize he was making the cats these days look like clowns off of what he was doing way back in 1993/1994.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 09:39:30 PM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

westkoastanostra

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 12:32:16 AM »
^^^thank you....you get a prop ....

DAYUM

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 12:34:57 AM »
dude fuckin eazy e is tight
everyone likes eazy e he was one of the best rappers
i dont give a fuck if he couldnt write his own songs he still wrecked it
people need to show MC Ren more love

WestCoasta

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 03:08:22 AM »
dude fuckin eazy e is tight
everyone likes eazy e

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 04:36:10 AM »

The only people reppin Eazy's name are bone thugs, dj quik and most recently the game, this dude pioneered gangsta rap and doesnt get any of the recognition or respect he deserves. Is it because he never diied a gangsta death? people always shout ou big pun, pac, biggie, but why not E?

What yall think?
8) >:(

Because Eazy was a comedian with a comedic flow.  He was like the black Krusty the Clown. 

Euski Luv

• Lil Geezy
  • Muthafuckin "Reppin S"
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 07:09:39 AM »

Much respect to Nibs (Tha muthafuckin O.G) 4 cumin with the realness. Now thats what I'M TALKIN ABOUT !!!!!!!!!

TuSlic

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 01:17:01 PM »
peeps aint giving E the respect he deserves coz he wasn´t a great rapper and he died of AIDS.