Author Topic: Topic-Why doesnt Eazy get the respect he deserves?  (Read 551 times)

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Topic-Why doesnt Eazy get the respect he deserves?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2005, 03:26:43 PM »
peeps aint giving E the respect he deserves coz he wasn´t a great rapper and he died of AIDS.

Exactly that, it doesn't matter if he was a great rapper or not, if he had been killed in a drive-by he would have died an instant legend (ie 2pac, Biggie)

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005, 03:47:43 PM »
He doesnt get the respect he deserves because he robbed his own boys and put Jerry Heller ahead of them in terms of loyalty and money.Also the trip to the white house and meeting with one of the cops who pounded rodney king didnt help either.Dre day also took a lot of his dignity, that video got Heavy rotation on MTV
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005, 04:11:14 PM »
half of ice cube's artists claim they were shorted and are beefing with him.  dre's ghost writers and producers have questioned him about not paying right or giving proper credit.  snoop's camp also wants more money from him and beef with him.  see tray dee.  eazy probably has the fewest defections, and even the cats that left him, dre, cube...all came back to give him his due after his passing.

eazy fired jerry heller; maybe it was too late, but true e fans should recognize this.  eazy shook jerry.

the trip to the whitehouse was basically a joke, eazy laughed about it in the source.  people that don't like eazy will listen to cube's no vaseline or chuck d and lambaast him over this.  eazy supporters can easily look at what went down and appreciate what's really real.  if you're talking about eazy didn't keep it real enough, you compare track records to both cube and dre.  dre is always playing second fiddle and switching up his image and all of that shit.  cube isn't street, cube is a red carpet type of actor.  he's purely hollywood now.

dre day?  that was a parody of eazy.  dr dre's credibility is ultimately what was permanently damaged.  people still bring up the "lipstick and lace shit" when they are dissing dre, and eazy brought that to the forefront with the pictures and all of that.  when pac called dre out for being gay, the lipstick and lace shit was ultimately what people pointed back to, plus other rumors and speculations.  dre is still downplaying that shit in interviews today whenever people mention the beef. 

you look closely at dre day.  dre calls eazy jerry's puppet, but ultimately eazy fired jerry.  dre is still downplaying the world class wrecking cru shit and the doctors suit in recent interviews.

meeting with the rodney king officer?   yeah, that's a tough one.  bad move by eazy.  quit doing favors for your lawyer.  but let's be real.  eazy is known for "fuck the police" not meeting with the police.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2005, 04:50:07 PM »
Listen, I have crazy love for Eazy, I grew up listening to NWA and still bump them heavily. But the reason Eazy never gets put on the same level as Pac or Biggie is because he wasn't a rapper, pure and simple. He had a funny voice and he was charismatic, but he couldn't flow and he couldn't write his own rhymes. Pac and Biggie are considered legends because they were some of the best. Eazy will be respected for being a pioneer but he'll never be "one of the best."

Lo Flya

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2005, 11:59:49 PM »
I think Eazy still does get a fair bit of respect. True he deserves more, but Eazy died ten years ago. People are moving with the times, wanting new shit.
Pac had a lot of unreleased shit when he died, this is still being released now.

Ruthless seemed to forget about eazy when he died.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2005, 04:17:05 AM »
. dr dre's credibility is ultimately what was permanently damaged. people still bring up the "lipstick and lace shit" when they are dissing dre, and eazy brought that to the forefront with the pictures and all of that. when pac called dre out for being gay, the lipstick and lace shit was ultimately what people pointed back to, plus other rumors and speculations. dre is still downplaying that shit in interviews today whenever people mention the beef.

Yup coz wasnt Eazy still gettin payed from Dre Day?? N i dont c how he can play it down in the "real muthaphukkin gs" video an image of Dre wearin lipstick n sum tight ass gay lycra suit thing cums up wen he sez "all ov a sudden Dr Dre is a g thing but on his old album cover he was a she-thing".LOL.....

The Maestro

Diggfinger

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2005, 04:36:58 AM »
Man Eazy also helped Above the Law, Kokane and Dresta to shine. Dude is a legend and saying otherwise because "he died of AIDS" is wack and fucking childish

Elevz

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2005, 04:43:29 AM »
Props to nibs for dropping some science there. It's not about Eazy being a business man though for why he's not really getting the respect he may deserve.

His music sounds dated today. He wasn't much of a great rapper, although he did have a unique sound. He didn't write his own lines. That's not really what classifies a great rapper. As for his music sounding dated today... Man, even Eric B & Rakim and A Tribe Called Quest aren't really getting the respect they deserve, unless it's by a internet board that's stuck somewhere in the '90s. Sad but true. People only give props to 2Pac, Jigga, Eminem, Ludacris and 50 Cent these days. Even today's rappers are doing it.

It's just, the businessmen in music are never really getting major props from the masses.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2005, 07:26:34 AM »

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2005, 07:33:53 AM »
I don't care what nobody says......................Eazy-E is Top 5 Eazily and i agree witt tha thread starter. tha nigga doen't get tha respect he deserves and he was a big inspiration to alot of our favorite West Coast rappers.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2005, 08:39:12 AM »
eazy put out good product.  an eazy e album (other than 5150) was going to sound good.  n.w.a. albums sounded good.  eazy was the original cat with the label putting out hits, before death row.  ruthless accomplished more than death rowand even aftermath.  they had platinum crossover hits with r&b (michele) and pop.  i'm calling j.j. fad pop.  dre is still dreaming about putting out a successful r&b album on aftermath.

no

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2005, 08:56:01 AM »

The only people reppin Eazy's name are bone thugs, dj quik and most recently the game, this dude pioneered gangsta rap and doesnt get any of the recognition or respect he deserves. Is it because he never diied a gangsta death? people always shout ou big pun, pac, biggie, but why not E?

What yall think? 8) >:(

Pun died of a Heart Attack so i guess you made a mistake by putting Pun in there and stop complaining about Pac an Biggie . They aren't respected coz how they died it was their music.
 Freaky Tah got shot dead and people don't say he was great.

Euski Luv

• Lil Geezy
  • Muthafuckin "Reppin S"
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2005, 11:29:55 AM »
[

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2005, 11:36:37 AM »
nobody cares about schoolly d.  no disrespect to ice t, but dude is simply a hustla.  i respect that, but t gets way more respect as an actor than a rapper.  i doubt ice t could walk around door to door and give away a million copies.

but getting to the point, look at this thread.  you've only gotten 7 responses and some of these cats are hating on e.  people don't really appreciate eazy for what he did.

did he write his own rhymes?  he never even claimed to.  he literally has verses like:
"ice cube writes the rhymes, that i say
to hell to them niggaz from cia"

it was part of his appeal.  he had interviews in the source where paperboy was flowing in the session, so that eazy could learn not just the lyrics but the flow as well.  noone cared.

eazy put out good product.  an eazy e album (other than 5150) was going to sound good.  n.w.a. albums sounded good.  eazy was the original cat with the label putting out hits, before death row.  ruthless accomplished more than death row and even aftermath.  they had platinum crossover hits with r&b (michele) and pop.  i'm calling j.j. fad pop.  dre is still dreaming about putting out a successful r&b album on aftermath.

every label ice cube started failed.  dre can't run a label, he's only a figurehead. 

eazy actually had the heart to release artists he believed in without insane hype.  dope or not.  eazy dropped artists like jimmy z, yomo & maulkie, tairrie b, tab & da villon, steffon, h.w.a. blood of abraham...eazy had heart.  some of those albums were pretty good.  in contrast, dre and aftermath can't release king tee, or rakim, or eve, or dawn robinson, or rc (eazy did drop a po broke n lonely album)...death row is notorious for not dropping artists, and they probably have better albums buried in their vaults or simply lost forever (lbc crew, whatever sam sneed was working on, crooked i) than half the artists on their current roster.  eazy e got material out, he got artists released.  above the law, kokane, ruthless atleast has classic albums out that didn't sell, not shit tucked away in a vault. 

eazy dropped bone with no fanfare, that shit sat on the shelves six months before they released the single and video for thuggish ruggish bone and the shit took off. 

look at black eyed peas.  eazy first signed them as atban klann, they dropped a single under ruthless back in 94. "puddles of h20"   eazy was dropping artists that far ahead of their time, dude could truly find talent.

eazy did so much, and so much of what he did was not as an artist, but as a record exec.  if i add up all of eazy's music that's still good as an artist, maybe it's a double cd.  but if i add up the music of all his artists and groups that he put out or atleast introduced; it's huge volumes of music.

one last thing, take a look at the ruthless releases circa 93-95.  "manufactured by ruthless records".  they had the in house producers, they were working out of audio achievements studios, they had their own manufacturing.  ruthless had everything in the music production chain locked except for distribution, and he was talking with russell simmons and some other black label heads about putting together their own distribution.  this was around the time when he fired jerry heller.  you look at labels like aftermath or death row now, they're aren't doing anything near what ruthless had in place back in '93.  who else has their own manufacturing?  ruthless had the independent shit locked and eazy was showing cats how to do things back in '93; cats simply can't compete with the type of money eazy was making off his sales even today.  which is why eazy could drop artists and see if it sold or not on their own merit.  ruthless didn't have to brag about their strings of platinum releases to make interscope happy; or woo koch to the table or whatever.

why doesn't eazy get the respect he deserves?  because people don't realize he was making the cats these days look like clowns off of what he was doing way back in 1993/1994.

Salute
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2005, 12:30:11 PM »
I don't care what nobody says......................Eazy-E is Top 5 Eazily and i agree witt tha thread starter. tha nigga doen't get tha respect he deserves and he was a big inspiration to alot of our favorite West Coast rappers.

Top 5 of what? Be more specific.