Author Topic: Snoops new promo his worst work yet.....  (Read 761 times)

teecee

Snoops new promo his worst work yet.....
« on: April 22, 2002, 12:12:29 PM »
Well, not his worst (that goes to Da Game.....which is not as bad as people say), but damn thgis shit is decent and nothing more....

I said i would quit posting on this board and obsessing with rap music for a couple of months so i could focus on teaching, but the fact a new Snoop promo dropped made me break that promise to myself.....

I didn't actually listen to it until Saturday, but all i can say is that it is decent and it doesn't even touch top dogg or LAst meal, or even see Last mEal from a long distance!
I got love for ya Bigg BPG, but to say this is Snoop's best shit since Doggystyle is a fucking joke!  ;) You also said the last Meal was better than Doggystyle when that came out too.....
 I like this new Snoop shit, but it ain't fucking with TOP Dogg or Last Meal.....i am far from excited over this promo, and i am a huge Snoop fan.
   Furthermore, FUCK Angelo Sausberry!  He says "Everyone is saying Snoop is really back on this one" and "this is a club song" is hilarious....Snoop is TIGHT as hell on it, but that beat is anything but for the clubs!  The song is growing on me but if it was actually Snoop's first sIngle, it would be his worst choice yet (a close secong was Snoopafella for TOp DOgg)....

Oh well, just my thoughts on the promo.....and this promo can't even fuck with the LAst MEal promo....but i know Snoop's actual album is gonna be blaZIN.PEACE
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: Snoops new promo his worst work yet.....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2002, 12:16:47 PM »
I feel what ur saying but This promo aint no Album material cause he's talkin shit all the way out there.Plus 2 of the tracks were from the Bones soundtrack I'll wait til december when the album will come out

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2002, 12:27:11 PM »
Well, not his worst (that goes to Da Game.....which is not as bad as people say), but damn thgis shit is decent and nothing more....

I said i would quit posting on this board and obsessing with rap music for a couple of months so i could focus on teaching, but the fact a new Snoop promo dropped made me break that promise to myself.....

I didn't actually listen to it until Saturday, but all i can say is that it is decent and it doesn't even touch top dogg or LAst meal, or even see Last mEal from a long distance!
I got love for ya Bigg BPG, but to say this is Snoop's best shit since Doggystyle is a fucking joke!  ;) You also said the last Meal was better than Doggystyle when that came out too.....
 I like this new Snoop shit, but it ain't fucking with TOP Dogg or Last Meal.....i am far from excited over this promo, and i am a huge Snoop fan.
   Furthermore, FUCK Angelo Sausberry!  He says "Everyone is saying Snoop is really back on this one" and "this is a club song" is hilarious....Snoop is TIGHT as hell on it, but that beat is anything but for the clubs!  The song is growing on me but if it was actually Snoop's first sIngle, it would be his worst choice yet (a close secong was Snoopafella for TOp DOgg)....

Oh well, just my thoughts on the promo.....and this promo can't even fuck with the LAst MEal promo....but i know Snoop's actual album is gonna be blaZIN.PEACE

How come you can have  an opinion on it but BPG cant? You guys on this board are SO fucking arrogant..thinking your view is the Bible--its really sad.  First off-its a promo so its not even time to judge it yet--I find the songs entertaining but whatever-thats not important.  What is important is that people running around like their word is the holy truth is whats wrong with music fans and the internet in general.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2002, 12:58:36 PM »
Im not really feelin alot of these tracks either, but I know that the real album will not be anything like this!! The promo had like 2 Bones leftovers and just sounded like alot of unreleased material. So I hope tha real album is not nothin like this promo! We need some classic Snoop Dogg!!!

Big BpG

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2002, 01:20:38 PM »

I dont know why people confuse what I say... but I guess it depends on who reads it... anyway, Teecee we have been cool for a long time, so I'm not trying to beef, but this promo is tight, in my opinion, now I know what your thinking... listen to what the Dogg is saying...

Track 4 (On The Mash)
"I don't do this for PLEASURE, I do this so the kids NEVER have to go through what we went through, jumping gates, getting shot at and getting sent to the pen too, we never really meant to, see in the hood you do, what you been through?"

Track 8 (Just Can't Take It)
Ask no questions in this proffession (Hood LIfe)
you got to view the game at your own discression
It's a cold game, nigga stop guessing
Do the right thing cause I ain't giving no Lessons

Those two verse are some real ass shit... and I think just those to song alone are some great work. Yes, a lot of his work is Pimpish now, but his lyrics and flow are great...

Track 7
"Can I get a witness/remember physical fitness/and to beat a bitch's ass was official pimp bussiness"

Snoop's whole verse on Track 7 is so FLY... the way he switches his flow from Music to Bangin is tight...

not to mention track 3... he starts out sooo RAW, it just all flows like water... and he and goldie switch off rhymes so well...

not to mention his work on "Ballin"

"switch back to the old school, old fools know, this new thing we do is so original, i gots to have it, lavish, its how we establish and on the real homeboy it feels good to have it"

Not only is he dropping a nice flow and rhyme, but he is saying... look, it feels good to be in my position and not have to worry about scrapping for food... basically telling his haters, look, im feeding my family and thats what is important to me.

Now track 2 is a leftover and will probably never see the light, but this one line is my favorite of the song

"I wonder how/he thunders down/20 years living in the underground/"

If you have seen bones, you'll know the story, in this song he tells the story of jimmy bones real well, almost like he did on slick ricks "lodi dodi"

How about track 5... Snoop and Soopafly are like a magnet, their flows just jump from one to another, one great song, and this verse by Snoop is awesome

"why you bullshit/sucking up a blunt/why not break loose and suck what you want/suck for the feeling/george top feeling/broad ambition to make a large amount of killing"

The hook on 5 is awesome... he drops some very creative lines with his hook, and on track 10, he drops a dope hook... listen to his first verse in ten, great wordplay, he gets into details: "baby with the brimestone gucci cut glasses" ... and then the hook

"You gotta tell me what you really want/you act like you wanna hit the weed/you gotta tell me what you really want/do you want to smoke with me/you gotta tell me wha tyou really want/why your head just hanging around/you gotta tell me what you really want/you look like you wanna lay it down

This is what I'm getting at, Snoop showing a lot of talent here, he brings some great wordplay and some dope flow along with his ability to make catchy hooks and not to lose touch with some issues that shouldn't be ignored in 2002... he just gets me in this promo... I've played this promo at least once each day since it's release... tight tight promo in my opinion...

Back to Back/Meech and Snoop are like Kobe and Shaq

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2002, 02:13:42 PM »
^^ :o shiish

naww for real , whatever is perfect when u ride  you ride your car and all that, the bass really affect you naww mean

and i don't even know how you can hate on this , it's tight well it's tight , no comparaisons. i'm feeling this shit like doggystyle, doggfather.. u know

maybe it's just me and my opignion,ahhhh fuck dat i don't know what to say the shit is dope in my ears
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2002, 02:20:58 PM »

i'm bout to legalize the back slap"Can I get a witness/remember physical fitness/and to beat a bitch's ass was official pimp bussiness"

"You gotta tell me what you really want/you act like you wanna hit the weed/you gotta tell me what you really want/do you want to smoke with me/you gotta tell me wha tyou really want/why your head just hanging around/you gotta tell me what you really want/you look like you wanna lay it down

... I've played this promo at least once each day since it's release... tight tight promo in my opinion...
-Big BpG

shiiiish i really but really feel what you sayin dogg,i pass trought these shit too man  and this bootleg is off the hook
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Deuce_G

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2002, 02:30:40 PM »
Is there a link to the promo I can get it at?  Even Realplay or something like that?

Jome

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2002, 03:42:00 PM »
Why everybody callin this a promo, when Priority calls it a BOOTLEG?

teecee

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2002, 07:45:18 PM »
King Suge: I never said BPG can'tt have an opinion, i just stated mine by using references to what BPG said.....I am not trying to be at alll arrogant, and i apologize if i came off that way.  I never said what i said was the "holy truth" or that what i spit is "the bible".  YOu are checking me for calling out Big BPG's opinion, when i am merely expressin mine!  To me, that is extremely arrogant....to quote Snoop, WHATEVER!!!  If you check my posts or are at all familiar with me, you would know i am not arrogant for the most part and respect other people's views, even yours.....

I am not trying to beef with anyone, least of all you Bigg BPG, as we have been cool since the forum on your site back in the day.....You know i respect your opinion and i hope that you respect my opinion as well.  I said what i said to you tongue-in-cheek (notice the smiley-face winking)....keep reppin Snoop to the fullest and i will be right with you...I feel Snoop's delivery on here and his lyrics, but the beats just aren't quite what i expected (i know it is a promo, and i know if Snoop comes like this over tighter beats we will have a damn good album)........peace ya'll

eNgIeS

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2002, 08:53:38 PM »
I've said it before & i'll say it again, Snoop has sucked since Doggfather. Only in a few songs & freestyles has he rapped hard & fast like Doggystyle.

Man someone needs to lock that fool in a house for a week with nothin but his material from The Chronic & Doggystyle playing & then he needs to rip it like that instead of being a soft slow lazy paced mother fucking paying producers to make hits for him instead of working for it himself.

Tito

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2002, 09:33:33 PM »
"Can I get a witness/remember physical fitness/and to beat a bitch's ass was official pimp bussiness"

Tito

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2002, 09:44:56 PM »
I really hope these songs will be on snoop's new album/ soundtracks/compilation:
*Pimp on (i luv snoop's flow on this one)
*Tell Me What You Really Want (pimpish in full effect)
*20 minutes part II (snoop comes hella tight on this joint)
*For Real (a classic party song)
*Just can't take it (one of the tightest snoop's songs ever, with that tight "singing style")
*Ballin (already the snoop's new anthem for 2002)

Imagine the video for BALLIN......
snoop in this big and old car with the dramatics on the back seats and a huge bitch near him,with the usual pimp glass......
in black and white

Tito

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2002, 10:10:58 PM »
I feel what ur saying but This promo aint no Album material cause he's talkin shit all the way out there.Plus 2 of the tracks were from the Bones soundtrack I'll wait til december when the album will come out

The new album will be out in september

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2002, 10:22:03 PM »
Why everybody callin this a promo, when Priority calls it a BOOTLEG?

no one knows.. its 100% bootleg.
but it could have been an industry promo or it could be a stack of leftover tracks that were leaked on purpose to get the groupies hyped.