Author Topic: Suge Knight has turned into a bootlegger  (Read 861 times)

Trauma-san

Suge Knight has turned into a bootlegger
« on: October 09, 2005, 03:13:39 PM »
Basically all this guy is doing is bootlegging.  A bootlegger will release anything he can get his hands on, and he didn't have shit to do with any of it.

Suge's releasing fucking ANYTHING he can think of, he's repackaging shit for overseas, releasing what 6 or 7 rehashes of old material every year, NOTHING new, he's been bleeding bullshit, scrappy, fucked up tracks out of Tupac's vault for 10 years now... just like a bootlegger he can't release or promote any new artist, or anything like that, all he can do is make money off established artists that are either dead now, or signed to another label.  Just like a bootlegger doesn't have access to anything new or fresh.

On the other hand, look at the guy's he's releasing stuff by.  Snoop... works his ass off making new music, even if it isn't considered as good as his old stuff.  Dre... works his ass off banging out beats and releasing new music by new artists... NOBODY Suge is releasing stuff from releases this much bullshit even from their own Catalog.  You don't see Dr. Dre releasing "Dr. Dre live at the House of Blues" DVD's and shit, or repackaging his hits from the last 10 years over and fucking over again.  You don't see Xzibit making 10 live albums a year available or any bullshit like that. 

Suge's flooding the market with product after product from the same old tired acts.  Yes, I consider dead-ass tupac and old-ass Dre and Snoop tapes TIRED.  Even the artists themselves, that recorded the music and wrote the songs, don't sell themselves out like that. 

Sikotic™

Re: Suge Knight has turned into a bootlegger
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 03:22:30 PM »
He shot himself in the leg....nuff said.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

We Fly High

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 03:24:51 PM »
i think we all know this already.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 03:28:07 PM »
I would like to hear the unreleased Death Row Dre tracks though. Just to bad Suge isn't allowed to release them.

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 04:18:06 PM »
If I were in Suge's position I'd be doing the same damn thing.  These songs are assets to him.  He owns them.  He's not making money off them if they don't get bought or played.  He could probably spend 5K on putting together a 'best of' album, and pull in a quick 25k off it.  Makes sense to me.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 04:25:54 PM »
Basically all this guy is doing is bootlegging.  A bootlegger will release anything he can get his hands on, and he didn't have shit to do with any of it.

Suge's releasing fucking ANYTHING he can think of, he's repackaging shit for overseas

that is what overseas is for.  that is the point to overseas.  why not take advantage?

stop hating on the guy for trying to make money.  is anyone forcing you to buy it?
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 06:21:41 PM »

Suge's releasing fucking ANYTHING he can think of, he's repackaging shit for overseas

that is what overseas is for.  that is the point to overseas.  why not take advantage?

stop hating on the guy for trying to make money.  is anyone forcing you to buy it?
Exactly, if you don't like it don't buy it or give it attention.

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 06:29:47 PM »
He shot himself in the leg....nuff said.
lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 08:13:32 PM »
If I were in Suge's position I'd be doing the same damn thing.  These songs are assets to him.  He owns them.  He's not making money off them if they don't get bought or played.  He could probably spend 5K on putting together a 'best of' album, and pull in a quick 25k off it.  Makes sense to me.

...but yet not release ANY new music?  Faggotism

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 12:38:56 AM »
^ Playa how u gon jack my word??? The nerve of this hoe. You bootleggin my posts now motherfucker. Damn, especially since I know I mustve used that word on your ass
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 02:20:52 AM »
sorry but this is BS...

Suge is no part of this.

1) these "snoop" comp's are being put out by foreign distributors who have licenced the rights to the death row catalogue.. suge already fell out with RWP over them putting out "the prophet" and "chronicles" etc without permission.

2) the house of blues "untouchable" dvd was originally a japanese bootleg and has nothing to do with death row. (i own this verson) now the row have put this out officially..  they've also added some extra performances and a documentary.  a way at scraping back them being ripped off...

3) the house of blues CD koch put out is a rip off of the house of blues dvd bootleg audio... death row also fell out with koch over this. (remember koch then went on to put out kurupts album with tracks the row didnt want on it/ without some tracks the row wanted on it..). the same audio is now being put out to match the new dvd rip off.

in both cases this is a case of distributors fucking over the row..  suge isn't seeing a penny from any apart from that he should be getting publishing from case 1.. even though they were unauthorised.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 02:21:37 AM »
without permission.... unauthorised.... rwp has the right to release the music in this form. they made a deal. suge is a silly great clod.

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 02:23:38 AM »
without permission.... unauthorised.... rwp has the right to release the music in this form. they made a deal. suge is a silly great clod.

did they? i was told they had a redistribution deal.. i.e. a deal to put out _existing_  albums and new projects as they come along.. NOT a deal to take tracks from existing projects and put them out on compilations.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 03:36:26 AM »
yea redistribution of existing albums was the intention but from what ive heard the contract did not say that they cant use songs of the catalogue for new compilation. rwp released like 10+ compilations in the meantime and suge cant do shit against that. he lost the control over his catalogue, not in the us, but internationally. its sad. anyway the chronicle, the dogg and the prophet re decent dr gh albums imo. they had videos on it and a nice enhanced part. the design was cool too. but those newer rwp project re just :loopaper:

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 08:02:06 AM »
^ Playa how u gon jack my word??? The nerve of this hoe. You bootleggin my posts now motherfucker. Damn, especially since I know I mustve used that word on your ass

Oh please.  I don't even read your fucking posts.  I've been saying shit like that since I was 5, it's a childish phrase everybody comes up with.  Only the fucking mental midgets like you think they invented it.