Author Topic: Apple's New IPods  (Read 652 times)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Re: Apple's New IPods
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005, 09:44:20 AM »
the ipod is the best player on the market hands down....integration between the itunes software and ipod is amazing thats one of the main reasons right there....and the friendlyness of the GUI

And you have tried all the other players, especially the ones that doesn't have the Apple-logo on them ?? (LOL)  :D

If you had read reviews from sites/magazines that doesn't start with "i" or "Mac", then you would have noticed that a lot of players get higher scores than iPod, usually for having better batteries, more features, and of course, even 40GB players being cheaper than the 20GB iPod, and yet having more features and better battery.
As for friendliness of GUI, I will have to say that you will have to be a complete moron not to find most mp3-players easy to use within a couple of hours use, I became comfortable with Creative's GUI faster than the iPod, I've tried both.  :)
I have to laugh at the iPod people bragging about their battery still lasts 3-7 hours, when my Creative plays at least 22 hours, and still keeps going.  8)

Apple has always been about simplicity and design.  What do you use your MP3 player for?  To listen to your music.  It's always been about the music with the iPod.  They made this extremely simple for people to use and that's why it is the best player on the market... hands down.  People don't want to bother having to figure out the 50 different features and controls that all these other players have.  Keep it simple.  I can see your argument for going for "cheaper" (both in price and IMO in quality/design/etc) MP3 players, but the time it takes to figure it out is more valuable to me (and to most people I would say).  I rather pay a little more and not waste my time syncing and messing with the controls.

I had a 1st generation Mac-only iPod and I gave it away as a gift to get the 2nd generation iPod...

I bought a 2nd generation iPod and I still use it to this day... everyday.  True, I don't have the 8 hour battery life it used to have, but I still get a good 4 to 5 hours on it about 3 to 4 years later.

People love their iPods and it's not because they are trying to be cool or fit in... it's because people are fanatic about music and the iPod allows for the easiest way to access any song in their collection in the palm of their hand.

Peace  8)

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2005, 10:33:26 AM »
I have the 60 gb photo ipod and I LOVE it....and I don't need such a video player which battery life is only 2 hours when you watch movies...I want to listen to music all day long and not only 2 hours, becaus I had watched any movie on it before

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

Jome

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2005, 06:00:32 PM »
plain and simple there is nothing as good as the itunes + ipod combo.... the itunes jukebox is awsome and syncs identicle to the ipod.... no work to be done plug in ipod walk out with your whole collection of music organized identicle to your itunes collection...as easy as it sounds i have yet to see anything like it...ive even had friends come over and we leaving to go out and shit and im like aw shit hold on let me add this new play list or this new album i just downloaded and all i do is drop my ipod on my dock and take it off and we out in under a few seconds....
Apple has always been about simplicity and design.  What do you use your MP3 player for?  To listen to your music.  It's always been about the music with the iPod.  They made this extremely simple for people to use and that's why it is the best player on the market... hands down.  People don't want to bother having to figure out the 50 different features and controls that all these other players have.  Keep it simple.  I can see your argument for going for "cheaper" (both in price and IMO in quality/design/etc) MP3 players, but the time it takes to figure it out is more valuable to me (and to most people I would say).  I rather pay a little more and not waste my time syncing and messing with the controls.

I had a 1st generation Mac-only iPod and I gave it away as a gift to get the 2nd generation iPod...

I bought a 2nd generation iPod and I still use it to this day... everyday.  True, I don't have the 8 hour battery life it used to have, but I still get a good 4 to 5 hours on it about 3 to 4 years later.

People love their iPods and it's not because they are trying to be cool or fit in... it's because people are fanatic about music and the iPod allows for the easiest way to access any song in their collection in the palm of their hand.

Sounds like you 2 never tried anything else than iPod in the first place.. talking like other mp3-players are difficult to set up and hard to use.. syncing controls ??.. wtf ???
And since when did having many features become a bad thing ?? Let me get this straight: You WANT to PAY MORE to have lesser features... ?

Imo, people buying 20GB iPod's for $30-40 more than my 40GB Creative, with half the battery capacity, lesser features and co-signing to forever use the crappy iTunes blogware, just got owned by Apple and their marketing division.

Jome

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2005, 06:05:15 PM »
HEY WAIT, why is it that the 2 biggest Apple-fans on here is called Rizo and Ozir, which is the same spelled backwards.. something fishy is going on..  :eh:
And you're both from South El Monte..... did I miss anything.. ??

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2005, 06:11:17 PM »
^lol...i didnt catch that?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2005, 06:27:58 PM »
LOL...its called family homie

Rizo is our last name.... im 22 my older bro is 28 which is ozir....

i live in South El Monte....my bro lives in boston...

but we both big apple fans....its funny cause i was just thinking like damn im suprised no one has ever mentioned anything...lol

good shit man....

still ipod is the superior product out there  ;)

oh and just for arguments sake i have tried other players including creatives...and iriver from friends and stuff and sorry just not going to buy me...the GUI is not too bad still not as easy as th scroll whell on the pod and also they all had some trouble with the organizing and setting up stuff....acctually when me and my bro went to new york for last new years one of his friends up there had an iriver sitting for a while cause he couldnt figure it out right away so he just kinda kept saying ah i will figure it out later.....kinda thing so he had us help him...lol ...and i know for damn sure it took more work way more than how it would work for an ipod
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 06:31:57 PM by E. J. Rizo »

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2005, 06:38:40 PM »
So your mp3 player can go for 20 hours.....i dont see the big deal.

I only use mine while driving in my car, which i wouldnt be driving 20 hours so i dont really need that much battery.

And even if for some odd reason i was driving 20 hours....i have a car charger.

Sikotic™

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2005, 06:42:43 PM »
LOL...its called family homie

Rizo is our last name.... im 22 my older bro is 28 which is ozir....

i live in South El Monte....my bro lives in boston...

but we both big apple fans....its funny cause i was just thinking like damn im suprised no one has ever mentioned anything...lol

good shit man....

still ipod is the superior product out there  ;)

oh and just for arguments sake i have tried other players including creatives...and iriver from friends and stuff and sorry just not going to buy me...the GUI is not too bad still not as easy as th scroll whell on the pod and also they all had some trouble with the organizing and setting up stuff....acctually when me and my bro went to new york for last new years one of his friends up there had an iriver sitting for a while cause he couldnt figure it out right away so he just kinda kept saying ah i will figure it out later.....kinda thing so he had us help him...lol ...and i know for damn sure it took more work way more than how it would work for an ipod

lol damn, I woulda never guessed that in a million years.

But on the real, it's funny when people diss iPod's. I wouldn't get anything other than an iPod. It's not just the best mp3 player out on the market, but it's the industry standard. Apple doesn't jack ideas from other companies, the other companies are following in Apple's footsteps......kinda like rip-off cereals.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2005, 06:46:11 PM »
lmao at prolly the whole board including myself just realizing that u guys are brothers.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2005, 07:09:58 PM »
 ;D

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2005, 07:10:51 PM »
HEY WAIT, why is it that the 2 biggest Apple-fans on here is called Rizo and Ozir, which is the same spelled backwards.. something fishy is going on..  :eh:
And you're both from South El Monte..... did I miss anything.. ??

I'd hire Jome as my PI

Props

8)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2005, 07:22:41 PM »
Let me get this straight: You WANT to PAY MORE to have lesser features... ?

To answer the question: NO.  I would pay more for BETTER features (even if it's less features than the next guy).

And yes, Apple's branding and marketing of the iPod has been excellent... however that only takes you so far... the goods have to deliver.

DUB CC

• 'G'
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2005, 07:39:57 PM »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2005, 08:27:53 PM »
I purchased my current mp3 player (iRiver H340) around Feb this year and I did plenty of research and even tested some (bought and returned them).  Back then the iPod was not the best mp3 player on the market that's really not even opinion, that's pretty much fact.  Right now, I haven't been following what has come out and how they've upgraded so I can't say.  The iPod is still a good product overall but mostly gets it's credit because it's the "in thing" or it's a "status symbol".

And who cares about linking to iTunes?  I have mine set up in folders like in Windows Explorer, much, much more organized and efficient.

The Watcher

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2005, 08:51:23 PM »
^ i have mine setup in folders too the same way.. what he's talking about though is that you can plug your iPod in and it syncs your whole library automatically.. you delete a song from the sync and it deletes it from your ipod etc.. no having to wipe it cause its cluttered etc
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden