Author Topic: Ron Artest is a Moron  (Read 1455 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ron Artest is a Moron
« on: October 12, 2005, 03:18:32 PM »
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - Anyone expecting a kinder, gentler Ron Artest on the court this season is likely to come away disappointed.

"I'm going to continue playing hard and out of control, like a wild animal that needs to be caged in," Artest said Tuesday night before the Indiana Pacers faced the New Jersey Nets in the preseason opener for both teams. "I'll let the referees handle it."

Artest had eight points, three rebounds and three fouls in 12 minutes in the Nets' 105-103 victory.

Artest was greeted by a smattering of boos from the small crowd at Continental Airlines Arena, and his first points, on an 18-foot jumper a few minutes into the game brought the same response.

The game was Artest's first NBA action since a melee near the end of a game against the Detroit Pistons at The Palace at Auburn Hills last Nov. 19 led to one of the worst brawls in American sports history.

For his part in the altercation, Artest was given a 73-game suspension by the NBA and teammates Jermaine O'Neal, Stephen Jackson and Anthony Johnson were given shorter suspensions. Those four and Indiana's David Harrison were sentenced this fall in Michigan to a year's probation plus community service.

Television replays again and again showed Artest running into the stands and attacking a Pistons fan after he was hit with a cup of beer. When asked Tuesday if he could envision a similar incident occurring again, Artest was guardedly contrite.

"I don't think anybody's going to throw anything at me, and I don't see me reacting how I reacted," he said.

A tough defender who was the NBA's defensive player of the year in 2004 but also developed a reputation as a loose cannon, Artest played in the NBA's summer league and said he gained about 10 pounds and is up to 260.

"I wish I was 280," he said Tuesday.

Faced with a phalanx of reporters in the Pacers' locker room before the game, Artest answered questions patiently and seemed resigned to facing similar treatment as he goes around the league.

"It's cool," he said. "Things happen in life and you move on. That's the way you have to go about it. It'll be fun playing. Playing with your teammates, playing against the other All-Stars, that's going to be fun. I'm ready to go."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/4983624
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 12:31:15 AM by Lakers Run L.A & Dubcc.com Sports Section :-) »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ron Artest is a Moron
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 04:55:59 PM »
Whats the part that makes u say hes a moron?

acbaylove

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 04:57:45 PM »
I'd trade Odom, Brown and another player for him in a moment.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 05:30:53 PM »
Well,We all know what he did Last year ;D  and now he's saying this

"I'm going to continue playing hard and out of control, like a wild animal that needs to be caged in," Artest said

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 05:36:09 PM »
Just means he aint changing his style just coz he got suspended... more power to him...

acbaylove

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 05:46:23 PM »
Just means he aint changing his style just coz he got suspended... more power to him...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 06:04:20 PM »

::) :P

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 06:44:16 PM »

I agree.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 08:19:13 PM »
Whats the part that makes u say hes a moron?

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 02:46:43 AM »
after jumping into the stands last year like a wild animal, it sounds like he didnt learn anything from it and doesnt give a fuck. the owners of the pacers are definately concerned because the last thing they want is for artest to do something crazy again....this guys walkin on a thin line wen he says stupid shit like that

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 06:28:24 AM »
well artest is a moron but hes an entertaining one. for the record though.. if someone threw beer at me id beat the shit outta them too.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 06:37:55 AM »

who wouldnt lol
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 02:10:08 PM »
who wouldnt lol

I know a couple of people in this board who wouldn't.
I'd rather have a "wild animal that needs to be caged in" than a soft guy who plays with less energy and passion than Jumaine Jones.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 02:11:40 PM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2005, 11:14:49 AM »
LMAO@Trading Odom and Kwame for Artest...I swear, you guys are idiots. I've always expected it from people like 7even, but Antonio, you've disappointed me. I used to think you were one of the more intelligent Laker fans on this board...Ron Artest is a cancer. The opposite of a hard worker. He wanted a month off to make a CD, he misses practice, has no morals, team values, he wants to retire soon, he'd just be an awful fit on the Lakers. Trading away our second strongest player and a potentialy great side-kick to Kobe Bryant (Lamar Odom) alone for Artest would be bad enough, but to trade away our project and investment (Kwame Brown) for the next 3 years as well would be horrible for our organization. That would be beyond moronic. Kwame Brown is so athletic and can potentialy surpass Jermain O'Neal from what I've heard. Give the man a chance to shine, he was bullied around in Washington, he was never really coached properly and seeing as he came outta high school, that had a tremendous effect on his development. Now, in LA, he's said to be a monster on the floor, Phil claims he sees that great potential in him and that he could play like he did vs. Sacramento on a regular in the near future...Judging players based on pre-season games is fucking gay and dumb to the fullest...When Magic says he likes what he sees, it must be good...PeACe

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »