Author Topic: lol@Angels Game 2  (Read 348 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: lol@Angels Game 2
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 08:58:05 PM »
What's the difference between strike 3 and an out ?

Strike 3 with no out is when the catcher doesnt catch  the ball and has to tag the runner out or get him at first.  The other is just an OUt and the catcher doesnt have to do anything

UAK

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 08:58:16 PM »
because it's a rule that if you swing and miss for strike 3 and the ball hits the dirt the catcher has to tag you for an official out, which the catcher didn't do, so it's a strikeout "officially" but not an out

That's a dumb rule...is it new ?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 07:03:37 AM by VietCong »

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 08:58:35 PM »
He swung at strike 3 but the catcher didn't have "control" of the ball so it isn't an out, he has to tag him since he didn't have control of the ball. It happens alot, but because it's the post season they're gonna make a big deal out of it.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 08:59:46 PM »
because it's a rule that if you swing and miss for strike 3 and the ball hits the dirt the catcher has to tag you for an official out, which the catcher didn't do, so it's a strikeout "officially" but not an out
:'(

That's a dumb rule...is it new ?
no

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2005, 09:01:22 PM »
Oh yeah I forgot hahaha fuck that fake ass LA team aka the Angeles :D

UAK

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2005, 09:02:43 PM »
He swung at strike 3 but the catcher didn't have "control" of the ball so it isn't an out, he has to tag him since he didn't have control of the ball. It happens alot, but because it's the post season they're gonna make a big deal out of it.

I always thought that was about the player chipping the ball down at the catcher.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2005, 09:07:30 PM »

I always thought that was about the player chipping the ball down at the catcher.
If the player tips the ball and the catcher doesn't catch it it's a foul ball.

ecrazy

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2005, 02:18:32 AM »
You guys are wrong with the ump indicating it was a strikeout, not an out

He CLUTCHED HIS FIST!! THAT IS AN OUT! Not a strikeout, An out. End Of Inning. If Josh Paul Really didnt catch it neither, i bet he would have tagged him up anyway just to be sure, why wouldnt he? he did catch that ball.

Watch the reply, go to laangels.com and watch the reply, he clearly makes a fist

That is about as gay as the angel haters who are going to get f'd in their gay butts after the angels win the next 3

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2005, 02:43:02 AM »
umps make bad calls sometimes, thats a part of baseball..they fucked the yanks over with cano "runnin inside of the baseline" that was all bullshit

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

ecrazy

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2005, 09:47:02 AM »
umps make bad calls sometimes, thats a part of baseball..they fucked the yanks over with cano "runnin inside of the baseline" that was all bullshit
there is a difference between making a bad call and CHANGING YOUR CALL! he changed his original call after seeing him run to first.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005, 02:43:12 PM »
the umpire states that the first motion was to say no contact and the second motion (the pump) was to say strike 3

in the 6th inning wen molina got a pitch in the dirt the umpire did the same exact thing

video shows the white sox catcher had his back turned to the ump wen he picked up the ball and tagged molina so its not clear if the umpire said "no catch no catch" as some umps do

i dont agree with the call because the ump is a fat idiot for havin the pump motion as a strike 3 because that motion usually means your out but the catcher should've tagged him wen the ball came close to the dirt

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 02:45:54 PM »
cant do nethin bout it now...
they shud focus on the rest of the series, especially the 3 gamez comin up at their home

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2005, 03:17:57 PM »
Many umpires do that motion to signal strike 3 but no an out.  This really is an unique play.  Ive seen it over and over and over and obviously the ball doesnt hit the dirt but obviously this is impossible to know by the umpire and he relies on sound.  Usually most catchers look back at the Umpire to verify what it was, the catcher didnt do it and decided to roll the ball.  When AJ was looking back, he saw the no contact motion and began to sprint towards first base.  All umpires would be confused at this point.  I dont think that Instant Replay would have saved the angels here either. 

WestCoasta

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2005, 04:13:59 PM »
honestly though, that shit looked like it bounced and Paul didn't tag him

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2005, 04:23:35 PM »
PAPOSTEROUS.
Everybody's out to get california.