Author Topic: The Official LaDainian Tomlinson Thread...  (Read 116 times)

UAK

The Official LaDainian Tomlinson Thread...
« on: October 16, 2005, 09:55:05 PM »
LaDainian Tomlinson

LaDainian Tomlinson (born June 23, 1979 in Rosebud, Texas) is an American football player who currently plays running back for the San Diego Chargers of the NFL.

By his third birthday, Tomlinson, like his father, was an avid follower of the Dallas Cowboys. He got his first taste of football playing Pop Warner football as a youngster. At University High School in Waco, Texas, he starred at linebacker as a sophomore and at fullback as a junior. However, he did not get to play tailback until his senior year. As a fullback, he rushed for 2,554 yards and 39 touchdowns. Because of Tomlinson's small size (195 pounds) and lack of experience, few college football recruiters showed interest in him. He chose to attend Texas Christian University because the school was near his hometown and because the football team's head coach, Pat Sullivan, treated Tomlinson with great deference.

Tomlinson attended college at TCU, where he starred at running back. He was a Heisman Trophy finalist as a senior, and completed his college career with 5,263 rushing yards, ranking sixth in NCAA Division I history. He currently holds the NCAA record for most yards in a single game, with 406 in a game against UTEP in 1999.

Tomlinson was selected in the 1st round of the NFL Draft in 2001 with the 5th overall pick. The Chargers had the 1st pick in the draft that year but anticipated that they would be unable to sign Michael Vick, who was perceived as the best player in the year's draft class. Therefore, they traded their number one pick to the Atlanta Falcons, for which they received the number five pick and other considerations. In this way, Tomlinson and Vick are forever linked as having been "traded" for each other, although the transaction was actually the result of traded draft picks and contract negotiations.

Tomlinson immediately became the starting running back with the Chargers, and has started every game since for the Chargers at that position. He has achieved considerable success in the NFL, rushing for over 1,000 yards in each of his four seasons. Other important career milestones include reaching his 50th touchdown in only his 4th season (60th game), receiving 100 passes and rushing for 1,000 yards in the same season (the first time this feat had ever been accomplished), setting the NFL record for most straight games with a rushing touchdown (18) and election to the Pro Bowl team in 2003 and 2005. Tomlinson's rushing touchdown streak also ties Lenny Moore's all-time record for consecutive games scoring a TD (18). He is widely recognized as one of the top running backs in the game today.

On October 16, 2005, in the Chargers' victory over the Oakland Raiders, LaDainian Tomlinson became the 7th player in NFL history to run, catch and throw for a touchdown in the same game.

One of the greatest running back of our time  :)

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
Re: The Official LaDainian Tomlinson Thread...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 10:02:06 PM »
One word to describe him: Badass (maybe its two)

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 10:11:26 PM »
Best damn RB in the league
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 11:40:14 PM »
don't get me wrong... i love tomlinson as much as the next man but shaun alexander is putting up very similar numbers on the season yet he doesn't get any love.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 11:49:29 PM »
Faulk in his prime>>>>>>>>>Tomlinson ;)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 11:57:02 PM »

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 12:14:24 AM »
THe only problem i have with Alexander is that he plays in a sorry ass divison called NFW West.He plays Arizona,St Louis. and SF Twice.Tomlinson has to deal with the AFC West which is 1 of the hardest Divisons and not only that he deals with THe AFC period.THey are both at the top of the chain for RBs and I just think that TOmlinson is the best overall RB in the game just because of the competition he deals with in the AFC.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 12:37:59 AM »
He's the best RB,period...he's scored a rushing TD 18 straight games,he's going to break the record...and he had 3 TD's yesturday ..rushing,receiving TD,and he threw a TD pass..LT is  great player!!! ;D

they showed some stats today during the game and he has better stats in his first 68 games then ,OJ,W.Payton,E.Smith,B.Sanders 8)