What do you think of it?

Bad Idea
14 (58.3%)
Good Idea
5 (20.8%)
Dont care
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: NBA Dress Code  (Read 791 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: NBA Dress Code
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 11:26:01 AM »
I dont even no y this thread was made i think its pointless

How is it pointless? The point is to discuss the NBA Dress Code... :-X

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2005, 11:26:48 AM »
they have the right to shut the fuck up with those millions that their making
props

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 11:30:30 AM »
Sunglasses while indoors.

THANK GOD.  They need to start banning that shit worldwide  :)

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 12:41:02 PM »
we have a dress code at my work whats the big deal

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 02:39:57 PM »

You have a dress-code, but do you HAVE to wear suits everyday? And the NBA is a game while you work for a business.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »

You have a dress-code, but do you HAVE to wear suits everyday? And the NBA is a game while you work for a business.
i have to dress up...slacks, dress shoes, dress shirt, polo...that type of shit everyday...we have casual fridays tho...

PLANT

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2005, 02:59:41 PM »
These guys dont work a 9-5 in an office.  They are athletes.  I think this rule is complete bullshit.  It does come across abit racist to me and I think its a terrible move by the NBA.  Are they going to stop playing rap music in the arenas now and play shit like Bob Dylan and Tom Petty?  What the fuck?  I think part of the reason the NBA is so successful is because the players had the freedom to express themselves and it really appealed to urban society.  The NBA really fucked up with this rule IMO.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 03:03:02 PM by PLANT »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2005, 03:01:45 PM »

i have to dress up...slacks, dress shoes, dress shirt, polo...that type of shit everyday...we have casual fridays tho...

Yes. You go to work in a uniform. The athletes go to work in a uniform. They work in their jerseys, that is their uniform. No reason they should wear a suit when they're not working...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2005, 03:11:58 PM »
If EJ Rizo is going to a  meeting that is job related, can we he wear "street" attire?  When the players are on the sidelines with their teams, team locker rooms, practice facilities, they are still at work. 

PLANT

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2005, 03:18:57 PM »
If EJ Rizo is going to a  meeting that is job related, can we he wear "street" attire?  When the players are on the sidelines with their teams, team locker rooms, practice facilities, they are still at work. 
They wear jerseys, shorts and basketball shoes while they work.  And if they are on the sidelines sitting in a chair, how are they working?  Being a spectator at a basketball game is not considered work in my eyes.

Does that mean that an injured football player should be on the sidelines in a suit and tie?  I dont think so.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2005, 03:22:49 PM »

If EJ Rizo is going to a meeting he will be under dress code requirements and will still have to wear his work uniform. NBA players can't wear their work uniform (a basketball jersey) when it doesn't apply, such as an arrival to a game, a plane ride, a team gathering, etc.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2005, 03:30:46 PM »
Plus, it is no surprise really that the NBA has become a type of showing off sport.  A lot of athletes have really taken the showing off part a bit extreme when they attend basketball games or at any public NBA related event.  It's just like the NBA Ballerz game.  It's just better this way

Btw, when you see an injured football player on the sidelines do you see him wearing jerseys with a chain?  He is usually wearing a team affiliated Polo Shirt and Jeans with Tennis Shoes. 

Yes they are still working if they are on the sidelines sitting on the bench.  When they practice its work, when they arrive from the buses its work, when they work out in the practice facilities its work.  They get paid to be with the team

PLANT

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2005, 03:33:56 PM »
Plus, it is no surprise really that the NBA has become a type of showing off sport.  A lot of athletes have really taken the showing off part a bit extreme when they attend basketball games or at any public NBA related event.  It's just like the NBA Ballerz game.  It's just better this way

Btw, when you see an injured football player on the sidelines do you see him wearing jerseys with a chain?  He is usually wearing a team affiliated Polo Shirt and Jeans with Tennis Shoes. 

Try and sweatsuit with a hoodie on ::)  Even the coaches wear that shit.  They wear hats and stuff....

A far cry from "Business Attire"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 03:36:37 PM by PLANT »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2005, 03:35:29 PM »
Imagine how much it sucks tryna sleep on a plane. Now imagine how much it would suck tryna sleep on a plane wearing a business suit. This is selfish and unfair to the players. Bottom line.

PLANT

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2005, 03:36:08 PM »
Imagine how much it sucks tryna sleep on a plane. Now imagine how much it would suck tryna sleep on a plane wearing a business suit. This is selfish and unfair to the players. Bottom line.
Agreed