Author Topic: Anyone Played Pro 5 Yet?  (Read 426 times)

Intriago33

Re: Anyone Played Pro 5 Yet?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »
The game is growin on me, it's so much more realistic than older versions, i think that's why some people don't like the game, because they can't just dribble 3/4 men at a time. The game is much more life-like, which to me is perfect.

The addition of R2 whilst shooting is a good idea, and the many variations of striking the ball. The snow addition is pretty bad azz too.

Only problem for me being it doesn't work with my memory card, so I gotta fork out £20 on a stupid new card.

Overall rating; best football game ever.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 12:33:34 PM »
Yes and im taking it back

Fifa smacks it

Pro pisses all over fifa, picks it up throws fifa back down and pisses on it again !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 01:30:33 PM »
After playing it pretty much solidly over the weekend, I think these are the main imporved/worse than PES4 points,

Improved
- Shooting actually feels like it has some weight to it now ala Iss Pro Evolution on the PS1.
- The physical contact between players is better (random collisons off the ball, etc)
- The diagonal ball (L1+Circle)
- Easier to pull off volleys
- They've stopped turns back on yourself being so quick, thus more realistic.

Worse
- The passing is dreadful at times. When Valeron can't even make a simple five yard pass properly you know something is wrong. I hate playing a game where I can see where I want the ball to go, and it should be easy to get it there, but for some reason it doesn't. You seem to have to almost stop before you can make a successful pass. One touch passing has been rendered pretty much useless.
- The X Pressure almost always yields a free kick, refereeing in general is pretty bad.
- When running towards a player, jinking to the side is much harder than it really should be, this to me is unrealistic, and it seems only players with dribbling stats of 90 or above can actually take it round anyone.
- The computer teams cheat on 5 Star, just barge your players off the ball without freekicks being given. Comon Konami, make the opposition an attacking threat for once, instead of just making it almost impossible to do anything agains them. I feel there has been a kopout programming wise on this difficulty level.

Overall

Still a great multiplayer game, even with the flaws, but there is a lot more stuff that annoys me about this version than there was on  the last two. FIFA is still not up to par this year, but I might have to start looking further afield for my football gaming if the next Pro Evo isn't a big improvement on this one.

Intriago33

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 04:07:36 PM »
Are any of you thinking of hooking your PS2 up online to play this?

Paul

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 04:32:36 PM »
i think pro ev 5 is amazin....its so realistic

i loved pro ev 4 but this 1 is such an improvement

btw fifa is shite , has always been shite and always will be shite

pro ev 5>>>>>>any sports game ever made
funkyfreshintheflesh

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2005, 10:57:45 PM »
yeah im really enjoyin playin it at the moment.. game smashes it in all aspects compared to fifa.  8)

IzUwitIt

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2005, 02:57:14 AM »
fuck nuh

Fifa is unbelievably realistic. Cant believe i prefer it now. The gameplay has improved 100% and aint noone realising this

ive only had about 5 games of new Pro and it seems harder which is better. Fifa was hard as hell at first but when you learn the game I guarantee 50% of yall will like it and stop knockin it. I used to fuckin hate Fifa and only play Pro, but im glad i gave this Fifa the chance. But I can understand how most of you hate on it coz I used to be the same

EZ Now Ya Get Me

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005, 04:35:02 AM »
I don't think I've played a soccer game since Fifa 94 on the Genesis. The only way I could have any fun playing those games is if I turned off all the penalties and took everyone out. Otherwise soccer seems really boring to me.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2005, 05:55:41 AM »
i think pro ev 5 is amazin....its so realistic

i loved pro ev 4 but this 1 is such an improvement

btw fifa is shite , has always been shite and always will be shite

pro ev 5>>>>>>any sports game ever made

na uh, Madden 06 is the best sports game ever made

IzUwitIt

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2005, 07:01:47 AM »
who got NFL Street 2? what that like coz #1 was crazy

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2005, 07:55:50 AM »
After playing it pretty much solidly over the weekend, I think these are the main imporved/worse than PES4 points,

Improved
- Shooting actually feels like it has some weight to it now ala Iss Pro Evolution on the PS1.
- The physical contact between players is better (random collisons off the ball, etc)
- The diagonal ball (L1+Circle)
- Easier to pull off volleys
- They've stopped turns back on yourself being so quick, thus more realistic.

Worse
- The passing is dreadful at times. When Valeron can't even make a simple five yard pass properly you know something is wrong. I hate playing a game where I can see where I want the ball to go, and it should be easy to get it there, but for some reason it doesn't. You seem to have to almost stop before you can make a successful pass. One touch passing has been rendered pretty much useless.
- The X Pressure almost always yields a free kick, refereeing in general is pretty bad.

- When running towards a player, jinking to the side is much harder than it really should be, this to me is unrealistic, and it seems only players with dribbling stats of 90 or above can actually take it round anyone.
- The computer teams cheat on 5 Star, just barge your players off the ball without freekicks being given. Comon Konami, make the opposition an attacking threat for once, instead of just making it almost impossible to do anything agains them. I feel there has been a kopout programming wise on this difficulty level.

Overall

Still a great multiplayer game, even with the flaws, but there is a lot more stuff that annoys me about this version than there was on  the last two. FIFA is still not up to par this year, but I might have to start looking further afield for my football gaming if the next Pro Evo isn't a big improvement on this one.

yeah thats the 2 things i hate most about this game

you give the ball away so often, it's really frustrating
NO MORE WAR

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2005, 08:47:37 AM »
im startin to get the hang of it...

its tricky coz the players seem to have less control and passing is not as simple as it used to be,

one of my payers got booked and i didnt even touch X button!!!  :o

scoring is more satisfying because its hard to do at the minute...

the player edit is far better now too  :D

old firm full liscense is sweet tho!  :)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2005, 06:23:50 PM »
Hey Mac 10, Woozie ne1 else scottish/irish....how r celtic?? Do u need 2 change all the names again??.....

The Maestro

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2005, 06:27:31 PM »
Hey Mac 10, Woozie ne1 else scottish/irish....how r celtic?? Do u need 2 change all the names again??.....

no celtic are licensed.  i.e.  correct names, kits, everything
NO MORE WAR

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2005, 09:11:03 PM »
Thanx man...i went 2 get it 2day n the guy in tha shop said the release had been delayed due 2 copyrightin i wanted 2 slap the fool there n then...he was one ov those young guys wit spots n squeaky voices n he was jus lyin 2 cover 4 his shit shop.....

The Maestro