Author Topic: WARREN G is off Universal Records  (Read 1173 times)

Tito

Re: WARREN G is off Universal Records
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2002, 02:42:34 AM »
Warren G could go to work in a radio as speaker/dj,cuz i think his music's career is completely died.  :-*
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Tito

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2002, 03:01:21 AM »
Now snoop is not the best Ceo in the music industry, i still believe he's lazy in these days....at least he produced music and most important,he put out new talents,he gives opportunities....Warren G no!

Antonio

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2002, 06:25:16 AM »
Now snoop is not the best Ceo in the music industry, i still believe he's lazy in these days....at least he produced music and most important,he put out new talents,he gives opportunities....Warren G no!

What the fuck? You wanna win like a kid or you wanna make a serious discussion? New talents? Who? Doggy's Angels? Bad Azz without promoting him? The grandfather Tray Deee? Or recycled artists like Soopafly and Kokane?

Who are those new talents?

Tito

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2002, 08:04:43 AM »
...E-white,la toya williams and the others  :-*
The WACK promotion about bad azz's album was a priority's fault,genio di un antonio!

Antonio

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2002, 10:30:06 AM »
...E-white,la toya williams and the others  :-*
The WACK promotion about bad azz's album was a priority's fault,genio di un antonio!

E-WHITE? Who is him? Right now i'm just read his name in the Source and in the credits of the last Warren G album! LOL! Did he make a song? No. How the fuck you know him? Mistery. You just read about him on journals/sites, man! Sorry to tell you but Snoop didnt launch him at all, lol!

LATOYA??? Actually she appeared in DAZ's R.A.W. album first!!!! So, to me, Daz lanched her!

The others? Who? I repeat: Kokane? (lol! young? lol!). Tray Deee? (lol!).

The only new talents launched by Snoop are Doggy's Angels. And i'll never spend 0,5$ for their album. All those good beats ruined.

Sikotic™

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2002, 03:17:37 PM »
Plain and simple the promotion was horrible. Like 7O4D said, alot of people who are big Warren fans didn't even know ROTR exsists. The only promotion it ever got was the "Lookin' at You" video primiered on 106 & Park, small radio play and a jumbo sized picture of the album cover on the window of my local Wherehouse.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

rayza

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2002, 12:47:07 AM »
i just wish DRE signed Warren to "aftermath"...

Ive been thinking that for a while myself, it would give dre another top class producer at aftermath which would at least get the albums completed faster!

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2002, 01:57:08 PM »
Yeah I found out about Warren G being Dropped from Universal Two Weeks ago.......
the local Radio station here in SEattle had a concert, and Warren G was suppose to perform along side with master P, ja rule and others........My friend is a bodygaurd for one of the radio personalities...and he was told Universal was only Sending Master P to Seattle, and that Warren Is no longer affiliated with Universal and is not allowed to perform at the show at the expense of Universal.  Basically if warren wanted to perform, he had to fly his own ass here and pay for everything himself besides what the radio station would pay..........warren declined and he was dropped from the show like a week before it went off.....

i figured he was dropped from the label..not too many artist would pass up a concert which would equal sales in that market.......shit even master P sales jumped locally and radio stations are playin more of his cuts..now.....

but warren is a smart man...he will find a place...or just stick with producin......
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Tito

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2002, 11:19:01 PM »
Looks like it's official.....this is the end for Warren g's career. :(

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2002, 12:50:42 AM »

Plus Universal is a great label, if you aint selling on there, its your own fault. I think warren's album was promoted as well as most mediocre rap releases are these days. Point is it didnt sell because it wasn't that good.

You had an okay argument until you said Universal is dope... Universal doesnt know how to handle anything that isn't Nelly or Bling'd out.  They didn't know how to promote Canibus or Rakim, ditto for Warren.  There's a half-dozen solid singles on that album... they picked the worst one by far... the only reason i knew warren was coming out was because i follow him.. he had no promotion whatsoever up here.. i never once saw his video on muchmusic... and they play a decent amount of hip-hop.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

KVB

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2002, 12:57:15 AM »
Looks like it's official.....this is the end for Warren g's career. :(

True... sad but true.

.: God Is One :.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • .:CPT´s own REAL Muthaphukkin G´:.
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2002, 01:00:10 AM »
i wouldn't like to see dre sign warren to aftermath simply cos dre is only signin new talent...
quote]

Only new talent??? then explain why Dre signed Rakim Allah!?

It would be good if he signed Warren to "Tha Math" cuz he´s in the same position as Rakim, nobody cares about them anymore...
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

Tito

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2002, 01:05:05 AM »
i wouldn't like to see dre sign warren to aftermath simply cos dre is only signin new talent...
quote]

Only new talent??? then explain why Dre signed Rakim Allah!?

It would be good if he signed Warren to "Tha Math" cuz he´s in the same position as Rakim, nobody cares about them anymore...

It's a little bit different......damn,how you can compare warren g to Rakim???

Antonio

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2002, 01:39:05 AM »
I dont know about the end of the career of Warren G. But damn.. Nate Dogg made an horrible cd, he didnt sell at all and now? Why nobody is talking about him? Just cause he's rolling with Snoop? It's the same with Bad Azz. Why? Or Kurupt. Why?

Fuck that! It's music. If they'll continue to make dope music.. their career will not finish here.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2002, 05:22:34 AM »
I dont know about the end of the career of Warren G. But damn.. Nate Dogg made an horrible cd, he didnt sell at all and now? Why nobody is talking about him? Just cause he's rolling with Snoop? It's the same with Bad Azz. Why? Or Kurupt. Why?

Fuck that! It's music. If they'll continue to make dope music.. their career will not finish here.

nates cd wasnt horrible.. plus i think it went gold
bad azz? his cd was off the hook!
kurupts cd wasnt horrible cd enither!!! it wasnt on streetz iz a mutha level but it was ok...
plus: they all know what they will do next! bad azz is with snoop, kurupt is that row.. they all got a label etc... but not warren g yet :/
damn i hope warren brings out another album