Author Topic: short reviewn of PTCTBTB after a few listenings...  (Read 166 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

short reviewn of PTCTBTB after a few listenings...
« on: April 16, 2002, 05:56:22 AM »
1. Whatever - nice beat.. pretty funky. i like that bassline in the background that sounds good.. snoop flows nice.. who's the second rapper? haha everytime he says "motherfucker" hereminds of eminem... i guess its ewhite tho.. but damn that "motherfucker" sounds juss like em.. nice tracki like it
4.25/5

2. Bones Leftover. the beat is real tight! snoops fits in well. i feel his flow in there ;) he reps jimmy bones again and IMO shouldve been on bones ost. the chorus is pretty catchy and fits the song.  4/5

3. 20 Minutes Pt.2 feat Goldie Loc - The beat is similar to the one from top dogg..   snoop n goldie both got a small verse in the beginning.. both are nice the chorus is snoop singin.. it could get annoyin tho.. then again goldie n snoop xchange mics.. all pretty tight. i feel goldie loc alot on the track! snoop does a bit of singin throuout the track. ("longbeach niggaz is the craaaaziest especially the eastside 20 criiips lol") overall a bangin track. yeah real good   4.25/5

4. Handle It (feat Mr Kane) - Pretty Dark Beat, and the chorus fits in perfectly for that beat. I feel kokane alot on there! snoops flow is incredible IMO.. hell yeah i feel that track. the snare drum is played with a rimshot which sounds real good. real good. 4.5/5

5. Doin It Too (feat Soopafly) - The beat at first reminded me of the one before.. its an ok beat. nuthin that blows you away.. snoop starts with some singin.. durin the beat, there a girl "moaning" thru the track at the chorus ;) then comes soopa doopa.. its good to hear him! yeah he's good there.. damn im feelin snoop on this advance.. laid back shit.. good track. 3.75-4/5

6. Boss Up - Now thats a different beat. yeah i dig that.. wooo i like that :D hehe hell yeahhhhh snoop is tight!!! he raps pretty fast on here.. damn probly my fav one till now! daamn hell aeah lol.. he likes tells a lil bit whats goin on.. its like issues a lil bit! real good track!! 4.5-75/5

7. Pimp On feat Tha Eastsidaz - the beat sounds a lil monotone at first.. it is tho. but not bad.fits the track. snoop starts it off.. he flows real good. then comes big tracy davis.. nothin special from him.. the usual shit. still good. aint neva heard a wack tray deee yet ;) its a typical eastsidaz track! goldie loc starts with the same words as on g'd up ;) "its goin down mothafucaz.. like taht" ;) goldie loc is good on that. i feel him more and more! and in the end snoop juss talks a lil bit. yeh the beat is better after you hear it a couple times! fred wreck on there.  4.25/5

8. Just Cant Take It - yeah the beat is good! tight shit! bangin! snoops starts off singin.. lol when he said "i got a story to tell" i was like hell yeah! storytellin snoop! :) he sings bout the game bein cold.. nuttin to be fucked wit etc.. i like his singin! nice track! 4.25-5/5

9. For Real (feat Mr Kane)- Eh? A Beat Starts and than stops again.. strange lol.. anyway the one that starts his off the hook! with some exotic feel. hell yeah his voice sounds like the doggystyle tracks in here! he rips it off on this track! Kokane does the hook. good hook IMO but i know people will hate. yeah the hook is real good! Snoop really is good on this one! Tight track! 4.75/5

10. What You Want - very laid back track! really nice!!!! Reminds me off "Sunshine" a little bit! snoops flow is juss reaaaly good! tight shit.. so laid back.. relaxed shit!! when you tired and come home from school or somethin juss to kick back this is perfect!  4.5-75/5

11. Gangsta Wit It (feat Nate & Butch) - Was On The Bone Soundtrack.. so i aint gone really review it.. just give it a 4.5-75/5

12. Ballin (feat The Dramatics) - This one had been leaked a month ago or somethin... again some real laid back shit! i Love this one... 4.75/5

aight this was just a fast review as listenin to the tracks... im positively surprised by this advance... cant wait for the final release of the album!
btw i didnt give any trackks 5/5 coz i havent listened to them enough yet.

hollllllllla
peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Woodrow

Re: short reviewn of PTCTBTB after a few listening
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2002, 06:00:11 AM »
Great review... I like song 5 a little more than everybody, but its cool ;)

I think that Lil half dead may be doing some of the hooks... Track 9 dosent sound like kokane to me, but Ive been wrong many times before, and will be wrong many times again.

-Engelwood
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

lbc213

Re: short reviewn of PTCTBTB after a few listening
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2002, 06:00:56 AM »
Big props to the homie Nima ;)

I feel u on most tracks, BUT

5. Doin It Too (feat Soopafly)  5/5
9. For Real (feat Mr Kane) 5/5

those are my fav

Anyway dope review, hope to C som mooooooooo

Like busta said : gimme som mo (goddamn reviews) lmao