Author Topic: lakers vs. nuggets  (Read 1103 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: lakers vs. nuggets
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2005, 03:27:02 AM »
Why Kwame made the last shot anyway?

??? 

the ball went to kwame in the final seconds in OT in the post and he missed it but he got the offense of rebound and then gave the ball to kobe and then kobe hit the game winning shot 8)

acbaylove

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2005, 03:45:48 AM »
Man that last action was a mix of nonsense, luck and... Kobe. What i mean is that they shot with about 10 seconds left in the OT with probably the last clutch player in the court. Odom to George, George inside, and nobody moved to get a pass. Kwame almost lost the ball, he shot out of balance, he didnt make it, he takes the rebound, and Kobe, who goes under the basket for the rebound, he takes the ball and makes that last shoot. Next time i wanna see something better than just another Kobe miracle. I'm European, something like that in Europe is unacceptable. It was a one man show. Anyway fuck it, we made it. :)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2005, 10:58:25 AM »
That was a sloppy game by the Lakers..to many T.O's,,and some breakdowns on defence >:(

And don't be surprised if b.cook starts @ PF b/c Kwame has no fucking jumper and b.cook is a better defender..B.Cook plaid great in the 2nd quarter,,he made 3 straight J's and took a charge 8)

C.Mihm drew some fouls in the 4rth quarter..he plaid ok 8)

D.Goerge plaid "Great" D on Carmela..Carmela was getting all mad and shit :laugh:

And Lamar is so fucking garbage :grumpy: he needs to step up

and after kobe started the game 7-10 the nuggets were sendding 3-4 guys @ him and kobe struggled a lil after that..but he came through in the cluth (what else is new,there's a reason he's a 3 time champion) and hit the game winning shot in OT ;D..

and fuck the Denver police..take that bitch :psych: ;D

Cook starting over Kwame? LMAO...That's the biggest joke I've heard in a while. I gaurantee that won't be happening anytime soon. That would shatter all of Kwame's confidence and send him back to his Doug Collins days. The plan is to develop him, not ruin him. Cook might have a better outside jumper, but better defender? LOL...Kwame is a much greater presence on the court than Cook, Phil has confidence in him. Why do you think the last shot was drawn up for Kwame, even though he wasn't having his best game ever? It's a way to develop confidence in a player and show that player you have faith in them, remember Phil knows a thing or two about psychology. It was Kwame's first buzzer shot, he rushed it a little bit, but that's his shot, he will start making it on a regular basis when his confidence builds. He had Najera on him, which was an easy miss-match, which is why he was told to take the final shot. The shot didn't go down, but at least he followed with a rebound, which lead to a game-winner by Kobe...Lamar, I agree, needs to step it up big time...But he had an off game, you won't see him going 2-13 very often this season...At least he had 9 rebounds and 7 assists, which is nice to see...I expect Odom to step it up a whole lot though, and I know Phil does too...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2005, 11:00:53 AM »
And don't be surprised if b.cook starts @ PF b/c Kwame has no fucking jumper and b.cook is a better defender..

NIK? Where you at? Make me optimistic again!!

^^Read my last post.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2005, 11:03:32 AM »
Why Kwame made the last shot anyway?

Phil drew it up for Kwame. I thought it was a nice way of building confidence in a player who is known to lack confidence...He'll make that shot most of the time anyways, he was just under pressure and threw it up too soon. Remember, it was his first game-winning shot in the NBA, Doug Colling and Eddie Jordan never really believed in him like that...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2005, 11:11:00 AM »
Man that last action was a mix of nonsense, luck and... Kobe. What i mean is that they shot with about 10 seconds left in the OT with probably the last clutch player in the court. Odom to George, George inside, and nobody moved to get a pass. Kwame almost lost the ball, he shot out of balance, he didnt make it, he takes the rebound, and Kobe, who goes under the basket for the rebound, he takes the ball and makes that last shoot. Next time i wanna see something better than just another Kobe miracle. I'm European, something like that in Europe is unacceptable. It was a one man show. Anyway fuck it, we made it. :)

One man show? What the fuck is wrong with you...Did you not see Smush Parker's excellent performance? He really proved himself out there on the court. He's so much of a better player than he's ever had a chance to show in the NBA. He's one of our best guards in the last 10 years. This game showed me that we have a future with Smush, and that's very exciting. Did you also miss Devean George's "6th man of the year" performance? I mean, George is GREAT for us off the bench. The way he locked up Carmelo, the intensity, his offense, he's gunna be important for us this year...And Bynum, I definitely didn't see him coming in the game so early. I was impressed, he had 2 blocks and 2 rebounds in 5 minutes, his presence on the court changed the whole flow of the game, he's going to be something...I think that this is great. Beating a team predicted to top the northwest division, when your team is predicted to not even reach the playoffs is an accomplishment. What I've been saying this off-season is finally being proven by the Lakers play...So now you'll believe when I say, the Lakers are NO joke.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2005, 11:16:22 AM »
i like this squad

smush =20 points...who woulda though! good deal
d george - love this dude please stay in la for as long as you can
odom- step it up son
brown-grab those re's that's what you're there for
mihm - just win the tip off and i'llbe happy with ya
kobe- ahhhhhhhhhh how many times is he going to hit those game winners!?

in stu lanz voice : THE DAGGER THE DAGGER THE DAGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2005, 11:28:08 AM »

Who woulda' thought? If you woulda' followed what I've been saying about the Lakers on this board, people have been expecting Smush to be awesome this season...

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2005, 12:07:28 PM »
I listened to 570AM when driving home from work last night and they were interviewing LO. LO said the last play in OT was designed for Kwame Brown. Passing to Kwame was intentional.

The frontcourt was shaky but we still got the win. Kobe, Smush and DG kicked ass in this game. Smsh's dunk was  :o. Kobe's game winner was  :o :o :o. Great game.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

acbaylove

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2005, 01:28:02 PM »

One man show? What the fuck is wrong with you...Did you not see Smush Parker's excellent performance? He really proved himself out there on the court. He's so much of a better player than he's ever had a chance to show in the NBA. He's one of our best guards in the last 10 years. This game showed me that we have a future with Smush, and that's very exciting. Did you also miss Devean George's "6th man of the year" performance? I mean, George is GREAT for us off the bench. The way he locked up Carmelo, the intensity, his offense, he's gunna be important for us this year...And Bynum, I definitely didn't see him coming in the game so early. I was impressed, he had 2 blocks and 2 rebounds in 5 minutes, his presence on the court changed the whole flow of the game, he's going to be something...I think that this is great. Beating a team predicted to top the northwest division, when your team is predicted to not even reach the playoffs is an accomplishment. What I've been saying this off-season is finally being proven by the Lakers play...So now you'll believe when I say, the Lakers are NO joke.

No man. I was referring to the last shot. THAT shot was a one man show (maybe in english the meaning is a little bit different). Something not "created" (like you said Phil drew it for Kwame). I wasnt talking about the game. I'm about to see the game now.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 01:29:50 PM by Antonio »

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2005, 04:50:12 PM »
Kobe The GOAT

i think every1 would agree MJ ----> GOAT

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2005, 05:27:20 PM »
Kobe The GOAT

i think every1 would agree MJ ----> GOAT

He's talking about when it's all said and done. 8)

wcsoldier

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2005, 09:02:03 AM »
And don't be surprised if b.cook starts @ PF b/c Kwame has no fucking jumper and b.cook is a better defender..

NIK? Where you at? Make me optimistic again!!

^^Read my last post.
Odom really stepped it up against Phoenix : 23pts, 16rbs, 8 assists though we lost  :'(

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2005, 05:41:25 PM »

Who woulda' thought? If you woulda' followed what I've been saying about the Lakers on this board, people have been expecting Smush to be awesome this season...

^havn't been following your posts, havn't really check forum that much

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2005, 06:46:44 PM »
damn Carmelo Anthony's a fuckin idiot....  :laugh:

I've never seen someone with the last possesion take a shot with 11 seconds left  :loser:
I have if u gotta open shot even if its 11 seconds left last possesions y not take it?