Poll

Which album did you enjoy more?

DPG- The Saga Continues II
DJ Quik- Trauma
Warren G-  In the Midnite-Hour
All them dudes are washed up

Author Topic: West Coast fans speak: Saga Continues II, Trauma, Midnite Hour???  (Read 756 times)

WestCoasta

Re: West Coast fans speak: Saga Continues II, Trauma, Midnite Hour???
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2005, 05:08:31 PM »
LISTEN TO THE WHOLE CD!!!!!! STOP SKIMMIN!!

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2005, 05:33:13 PM »
truama was dope, i actually liked mid-nite hour too... but i was REALLY impressed with trauma.  and this is coming from someone that had never heard of quik before dubcc :-[

:o

wow
:yikes: Never heard or never heard of?

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2005, 11:32:49 PM »
Trauma
Mid-nite hour - I think this album was dope as hell, it's a close 2nd to trauma.
DPG = this album really disappointed me, nothin really stands out, probably only 3 good songs on the album

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2005, 12:07:55 AM »
Trauma
Mid-nite hour - I think this album was dope as hell, it's a close 2nd to trauma.
DPG = this album really disappointed me, nothin really stands out, probably only 3 good songs on the album

i agree with him

Elevz

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2005, 03:59:58 AM »
:grumpy: I know its sad how west coast rap fans think that a cd is no good if doesnt equal something like Dogg Food or rhytymalisim. Man How can we shine as a west coast when our own west coast fans dogg the cd's our west coast artits put out. Its a damn shame. As for me I liked all 3. THERE WILL BE NEVER BE ANOTHER DOGG FOOD!!!!! This seems to be a harsh reality that sum of these rap fans just dont seem to get. When most of these fans that are dissing guys like Quik DPG and GDUB, are probably the same people that skim thru the music. AND HOW CAN ANYONE SAY TRAUMA WAS WEAK??? QUIK PUT THAT ALBUM TOGETHER LIKE A STORY!!! TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN PEOPLE AND STOP SKIMMING!!!! ATG everyone hated cuz Kurupt didnt spit like he used to, and yeah i think that kind of succs, but he did rap about some real shit and talk about some real shit....a real fan would see that....thats all im saying is stop hatin and living in the golden era of west coast rap and start really listening to the music, then maybe you wont think it is weak....

I'm not even saying it has to be like them classics to be good. I just want music that's on par with the rest of the rap game. Right now, the westcoast isn't.

Common - Be
Cormega - The testament
Tradegy Khadafi - Thug matrix
Buckshot & 9th Wonder - Chemistry
Little Brother - The Minstrel Show
The Game - The documentary
Kanye West - Late registration
AZ - A.W.O.L.
Chief Kamachi & The Juju Mob - Black candles
Sean Price - Monkey barz

That's right. Only ONE "westcoast" album for this year really stands strong imo. I know, I'm not the biggest fan of westcoast music, but I know when something's good. Trauma is allright at best. I can listen to the whole thing back to back, but it's nothing special to me. Warren's album was really average... Somewhat of a disappointment imo... And the DPG album was doodoo. I'm sorry, but these guys are washed up & they should quit trying. They're still not bad rappers, but they're only hurting their legacies with the albums they're putting out these days.

Just my 2 cents. I'd love to see the westcoast on top, but it just won't happen this way. They're somewhat washed up. I'm sorry.

Nas - Nastradamus is by far superior to any westcoast album released in the past 3 years. And we all know that's generally considered a weak album.

Mr.Dirty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2005, 12:51:09 AM »
trauma was really dope and even dpg it's a really great album.

WestCoasta

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2005, 01:56:59 AM »
:grumpy: I know its sad how west coast rap fans think that a cd is no good if doesnt equal something like Dogg Food or rhytymalisim. Man How can we shine as a west coast when our own west coast fans dogg the cd's our west coast artits put out. Its a damn shame. As for me I liked all 3. THERE WILL BE NEVER BE ANOTHER DOGG FOOD!!!!! This seems to be a harsh reality that sum of these rap fans just dont seem to get. When most of these fans that are dissing guys like Quik DPG and GDUB, are probably the same people that skim thru the music. AND HOW CAN ANYONE SAY TRAUMA WAS WEAK??? QUIK PUT THAT ALBUM TOGETHER LIKE A STORY!!! TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN PEOPLE AND STOP SKIMMING!!!! ATG everyone hated cuz Kurupt didnt spit like he used to, and yeah i think that kind of succs, but he did rap about some real shit and talk about some real shit....a real fan would see that....thats all im saying is stop hatin and living in the golden era of west coast rap and start really listening to the music, then maybe you wont think it is weak....

I'm not even saying it has to be like them classics to be good. I just want music that's on par with the rest of the rap game. Right now, the westcoast isn't.

Common - Be
Cormega - The testament
Tradegy Khadafi - Thug matrix
Buckshot & 9th Wonder - Chemistry
Little Brother - The Minstrel Show
The Game - The documentary
Kanye West - Late registration
AZ - A.W.O.L.
Chief Kamachi & The Juju Mob - Black candles
Sean Price - Monkey barz

That's right. Only ONE "westcoast" album for this year really stands strong imo. I know, I'm not the biggest fan of westcoast music, but I know when something's good. Trauma is allright at best. I can listen to the whole thing back to back, but it's nothing special to me. Warren's album was really average... Somewhat of a disappointment imo... And the DPG album was doodoo. I'm sorry, but these guys are washed up & they should quit trying. They're still not bad rappers, but they're only hurting their legacies with the albums they're putting out these days.

Just my 2 cents. I'd love to see the westcoast on top, but it just won't happen this way. They're somewhat washed up. I'm sorry.

Nas - Nastradamus is by far superior to any westcoast album released in the past 3 years. And we all know that's generally considered a weak album.
I guarantee you didn't listen to one of the albums.... you probably listened to the first 10 seconds of each track and said "it's wack"

there is no way the Quik and DPG album was "doodoo"  ::) :-*

maybe it wasn't what you expected, but they are far from wack..... explain yourself

Sikotic™

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2005, 02:08:09 AM »
Trauma is the best release of 2005
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ecrazy

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2005, 02:11:13 AM »
I say Midnite hour

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2005, 04:23:38 AM »

I've only heard a couple tracks from the DPG album, and those couple tracks weren't enough to get me excited about the project. I guess that pretty much sums it up for tha

Cmon I expect more out of you!!! only heard a few tracks!! LISTEN TO THE WHOLE CD!!!!!! STOP SKIMMIN!!

See, thing is I've only listened to the tracks DubCNN has hooked us up with, I don't have a possibility to listen to the whole thing. Well I actually do, but I don't download albums, ethics I guess. I guess I'm weird like that.

Besides, I'd have to import that shit to get it, which costs extra. And if I'm too broke to buy that Mack 10 album that's sitting at the store, I can't pay extra for imported goods now can I?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 04:25:54 AM by T-Dogg »

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2005, 07:08:51 AM »
dj quik is much better then the rest of the albums.... warren g album was okey and dpg was weak...

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2005, 12:05:59 PM »
Can't stop bumpin Trauma, juz way 2 dope

Mygla

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2005, 04:10:43 AM »
Trauma, hands down... it's just something about it that makes me bump it over and over...

and i'm usually more of a DPGC-fan than Quik-fan...

coola

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2005, 04:33:01 AM »
when it all boils down, trauma doesnt have main-stream appeal... but it's true hip-hop, it's not watered down, its raw and hard-core... it wont appeal to the main-stream (i dont give a fuck what everyone says about black mercedes, or get down watever, they are not main-stream hits, compare that to bow wow's song, or snoops latest shit)... not many people like it when i play it to them, only true hip-hop heads like it..

coola

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2005, 04:34:57 AM »
and its not the beats... its quiks old-school flows and raps... he makes grown folks music.