Author Topic: What happend to Shawn Kemp being in shape and joining the Lakers?  (Read 320 times)

PLANT

or was this just part of Nik's pre-season Laker hype  ???

I was actually looking forward to seeing the reign-man back in shape playing in the league.......Now you douchebags got my hopes up for nuthin  >:(

WestCoasta

Re: What happend to Shawn Kemp being in shape and joining the Lakers?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 04:52:35 PM »
 :laugh:

I never believed it in the first place, that guy couldn't compete right now

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 09:35:22 PM »
Did you not read the article? He was trying to join an NBA team, not the Lakers in specific, but the Lakers was an option. Who knows, maybe he'll return mid-season?...Nothing has been said as of yet.

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 03:06:17 AM »
Did you not read the article? He was trying to join an NBA team, not the Lakers in specific, but the Lakers was an option. Who knows, maybe he'll return mid-season?...Nothing has been said as of yet.
Well I remember you instering him as part of the Lakers pre-season lineup, so I was just wondering........Where is Shawn Kemp  ???

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 03:43:10 AM »
who gives a shit about shawn Kemp!..a nother Stupid thread by PLANT!

**DISS** (FOR BEEN A SMARTASS)

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 03:47:34 AM »
Obviously Laker fans like Nik and old Kemp fans like myself care about Shawn.  We want to know whats going on with him.  Am I not allowed to make a thread?  Or should I ask permission from you first  ::)  Your such a little nerd man

not like anyone cares what you have to say, being the biggest retard on dubcc and all........

get off my nuts and stop hitting my diss button , why are you obsessed with me? 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 03:51:28 AM by PLANT »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 06:37:18 AM »
LMAO... what happened to Kevin Garnett and Sprewell joining the Lakers and making the Wolves worse than Atlanta?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 12:24:19 PM »
LMAO... what happened to Kevin Garnett and Sprewell joining the Lakers and making the Wolves worse than Atlanta?

Sprewell just completely fucked up...He was in talks with the Lakers, but never settled due to the fact that he wanted more money than the Lakers could offer. Now, no team is trying to pick him up, especially not for more than the Lakers were offering...If he doesn't play this year, he can say goodbye to his career...Currently, it's doubtful that the Lakers would sign him even if they had the chance. We have the best backcourt in the NBA as of yet, and the chemistry is flowing too well to take a chance on Sprewell...Sprewell made a huge mistake and the Lakers (Smush Parker in particular) have benifited from it...As for Garnett, there are still mid-season trade rumors. Obviously, Garnett is not happy with Minnesota right now. SI.com has reported that he WILL get traded this season, with the Lakers being one of the main teams he would go to if he WERE to be traded...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 12:27:36 PM »
Well I remember you instering him as part of the Lakers pre-season lineup, so I was just wondering........Where is Shawn Kemp  ???

Well, I inserted him and Sprewell into the roster to show what the Lakers could have potentially looked like if the two had signed. They both haven't signed with ANY team as of yet. I don't know what the situation is, but I'll keep ya'll posted if I find anything out...

wcsoldier

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 12:46:46 PM »

Well, I inserted him and Sprewell into the roster to show what the Lakers could have potentially looked like if the two had signed. They both haven't signed with ANY team as of yet. I don't know what the situation is, but I'll keep ya'll posted if I find anything out...
Spree might be sign with the Hawks (according to his agent, he's interested in

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 12:55:35 PM »
Well, I just don't see the what the Lakers could offer for Garnett. Any Laker-trade that isnt involving Kobe for Garnett would make the Wolves  :loser: for a decade
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 01:04:02 PM »

Spree might be sign with the Hawks (according to his agent, he's interested in

Sprewell likes Hawks: Latrell Sprewell's agent said his client would love to fill the Hawks' need for more veteran leadership. And since Sprewell is currently out of the league, having turned down a three year, $20 million extension in Minnesota last summer, he's available. "Latrell is very much interested and has indicated a number of times his desire to play for the Hawks," said Sprewell's Atlanta-based agent Bob Gist. "He likes the fact the [Hawks'] owners, GM and certainly the coach are committed to amassing a winning team. He thinks he could make a major contribution to the team and he loves the city." Hawks general manager Billy Knight said he has had conversations with Gist, the last ending with this succinct explanation as to why the Hawks have no interest in his client. "We're loaded with players at the wing positions," Knight said Tuesday. "And we really have no interest in Latrell Sprewell joining our team."

No one wants him...The Magic a few days ago said they would not take him because he demanded a two year contract and they were only offering 1...It's a very sad situation for him, I bet he's sitting t home watching Laker games and realizing what a big mistake he's made. :-\

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 01:07:06 PM »
:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

career- :stop:

bye :wavey:
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 01:16:15 PM »
Well, I just don't see the what the Lakers could offer for Garnett. Any Laker-trade that isnt involving Kobe for Garnett would make the Wolves  :loser: for a decade

Garnetts trade value isn't as high as you might think due to the fact that most teams nowadays value youth and contracts. If KG gets traded, everyone will be surprised by how little the T-Wolves would get in return for how good KG is...Obviously, with these big-name trades (Chris Webber to Phili, Shaq to Miami, etc.), the team trying to get rid of their unhappy superstar won't get an equally valued superstar in return. If there was a trade for Garnett, the Lakers would probably package something like Odom, George, Slava, and a 1st pick or something along those lines...Not saying it's gunna happen, but there's been a lot of rumors about it, even some by reliable sites...

acbaylove

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005, 01:25:10 PM »
:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

career- :stop:

bye :wavey:

The funniest thing is that Lakers might not regret it at all.